Permanent Ralph Breaks The Internet Family Play Zone Debuts at Epcot

Kman101

So, is this to imply that it will not leave with F&W goes away?

Couldn't resist. It is stinking ridiculous, though. No shade cloths makes it unusable a big portion of the time, and that makes it even more ridiculous. The real question is, though, can you see the new guardians building from the playground?

Can you see Rat's maybe going to be unthemed sides from here too? TRAVESTY!

They definitely could have done a little better for something they're calling permanent, that is absolutely valid. But a few had a bit of an over the top reaction, lol.

I don't really have a problem with a permanent kids playground. I'm not a huge fan of splash pads either but it is what it is. I see a purpose to them.

Kman101

Nothing to do for very young kids? I'd argue they have limited options for anybody and everybody! I can appreciate rides that aren't thrill rides but a lot of EPCOT's rides are just outright boring. Sorry everybody (I know I'm going to have my house burned tonight for saying it) but Living With The Land is boring. If it was a walk through attraction, nobody would go through it. Maybe it's alright the first time but I'm really over my friends dragging me on that ride to hear them spiel the same facts and stare at the same plants and I'm also incredibly confused at how many people love Living With The Land!! Lord help EPCOT.

Not boring to me and I'm 32. Sorry you think so. Maybe you need to change your approach. Not everything is a thrill ride. Go to Fun Spot. Epcot's not for you.

justintheharris

Not boring to me and I'm 32. Sorry you think so. Maybe you need to change your approach. Not everything is a thrill ride. Go to Fun Spot. Epcot's not for you.
Did you read anything else I said? I can appreciate rides that aren’t thrill rides. Frozen Ever After is fine and Spaceship Earth is too. I just think Living With The Land is a boring ride. I’m glad you enjoy it. I don’t.

MuteSuperstar

Living with the Land is easily my favorite attraction in what's left of Future World, along with SE.

TT 2.0 is a lifeless, sterile joke compared to the first (never mind World of Motion) and I haven't ridden the new Soarin, but CGI is all I needed to hear to know it is likely inferior to the previous one, which I thought was fine, but never understood the rhapsodic love for anyway. I don't know what the answer is for Future World, but for me , 3-4 min thrill rides tied to fleetingly popular movie franchises ain't it.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

Maybe it's alright the first time but I'm really over my friends dragging me on that ride to hear them spiel the same facts and stare at the same plants and I'm also incredibly confused at how many people love Living With The Land!! Lord help EPCOT.
I'll say I do love living with the land. But I also think that it suffers from Disneys all too common lack of updating. It would be nice to see some new things sprinkled in from time to time. You need a good variety of attractions at all the parks. Not everyone likes everything. And since every park less MK, is short on enough attractions for the amount of people coming to the parks, people don't get enough of what interests them.

Kman101

I definitely understand not everyone finds the same rides appealing. But is it because it's "boring" to them or is it because there aren't characters? Would say, adding Mickey and Friends in farming vignettes suddenly make it a better ride? (No I'm not advocating for this! Just wondering outloud)

justintheharris

I definitely understand not everyone finds the same rides appealing. But is it because it's "boring" to them or is it because there aren't characters? Would say, adding Mickey and Friends in farming vignettes suddenly make it a better ride? (No I'm not advocating for this! Just wondering outloud)
Characters are not the solution to LWTL. I can assure you that.

justintheharris

I'll say I do love living with the land. But I also think that it suffers from Disneys all too common lack of updating. It would be nice to see some new things sprinkled in from time to time. You need a good variety of attractions at all the parks. Not everyone likes everything. And since every park less MK, is short on enough attractions for the amount of people coming to the parks, people don't get enough of what interests them.
I suppose regular upkeep might help Living With The Land but.. I don’t know. Maybe the question to explore is why I like Spaceship Earth but Living With The Land is one I am beginning to outright dislike.

Rk2k5

That’s the stupidest idea they have ever made they could have used the money to make that for a lot of other things like rides and etc. and it’s very out of place.

Kman101

Ehh. There is a playground up half the year already.

I know that, lol. That's why it ultimately isn't a big deal to me. I was just going off of the poster's joke. And to be fair, they could have done a little nicer of a job. But it's still not that big of a deal to me.

You can not mind it and still think they could have done it a little better. At the end of the day though, like I've said, it's not that big of a deal.

I mean. Okay I guess. No skin off my nose that this exists.

Still wondering why Disney can't seem to just make a Litwak's in one of the parks/resorts/springs. Seems like a fun relatively easy way to have a tie-in, especially when they had all the cabinets of the games when the first movie came out. But I feel like an arcade (even one with special-made games) might not go over well with people that aren't me.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I know that, lol. That's why it ultimately isn't a big deal to me. I was just going off of the poster's joke. And to be fair, they could have done a little nicer of a job. But it's still not that big of a deal to me.

You can not mind it and still think they could have done it a little better. At the end of the day though, like I've said, it's not that big of a deal.

I don’t know why I quoted you and then responded with something that has nothing to do with what you said. It seemed appropriate at the time. :joyfull:

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
<internal monolog> Well, it's been months and months since I logged onto WDWMagic, I'm going to be at WDW in a few days. Let me pop in and see what new news and updates there are on the parks. Maybe all my anger at the upcoming changes to Epcot will have faded. </internal monolog>

(clicks on this link)

sigh

(logs off)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom