Permanent Ralph Breaks The Internet Family Play Zone Debuts at Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, there are umbrellas there now. Don't have pics of them actually open...

2018-09-26 17.22.01.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I don't think this deserves its own thread soooo...

Why Epcot? Of course it is obvious that Epcot is becoming another Fantasyland , but I just dont see the reason why this M&G wouldn't be in MK or even HS considering it is becoming Movieland.

And allow me to preemptively vomit for anybody who wants to comment that "Epcot is on life support and needs more stuff". *Belch

FigmentForver96

Why Epcot? Of course it is obvious that Epcot is becoming another Fantasyland , but I just dont see the reason why this M&G wouldn't be in MK or even HS considering it is becoming Movieland.

And allow me to preemptively vomit for anybody who wants to comment that "Epcot is on life support and needs more stuff". *Belch
Cause Internet = tech and tech = Epcot..,,,duh:angelic:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Cause Internet = tech and tech = Epcot..,,,duh:angelic:
Wreck it Ralph is essentially video game. The fact they threw "breaks the internet" on top of it and built a McDonald's caliber playground in Epcot does not make it any more technologically advanced or reason to place it in the park. It's just as much fantasy or movie than anything in MK or HS.

I'm just being grumpy so please do not take.my response as any slight against you or the comment you made.

FigmentForver96

Wreck it Ralph is essentially video game. The fact they threw "breaks the internet" on top of it and built a McDonald's caliber playground in Epcot does not make it any more technologically advanced or reason to place it in the park. It's just as much fantasy or movie than anything in MK or HS.

I'm just being grumpy so please do not take.my response as any slight against you or the comment you made.
Ahh well you should know my comment history enough to know where I stand

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

I mean, they used to have video game demos in Innoventions as well as displays on computers/the internet. I'm not gonna say Ralph is a perfect fit, but there has been precedence for video game characters in Epcot for years now. Plus the idea of Ralph as a product if 80s pop culture in universe ties to the 80s nostalgia aspect of Epcot.

jkl2000

It took me a pretty long time to make sense of the title of this thread! I've never seen Wreck it Ralph, and had pretty much forgotten there was a Disney character called Ralph. And I didn't know these were called "Family Play Zones." I just call them playgrounds. So "Ralph breaks the internet family?" I actually didn't understand it until I saw the photo. :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
It took me a pretty long time to make sense of the title of this thread! I've never seen Wreck it Ralph, and had pretty much forgotten there was a Disney character called Ralph. And I didn't know these were called "Family Play Zones." I just call them playgrounds. So "Ralph breaks the internet family?" I actually didn't understand it until I saw the photo. :)

Wait, so you *don't* think there's a play about the Internet Family that a Permanent Ralph breaks which is debuting in the Zone? Because, that's what this thread is all about.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom