Permanent Ralph Breaks The Internet Family Play Zone Debuts at Epcot

Mickey5150

It was put up with Food and Wine, a place for the kids to run around as their parents can enjoy some food. It's right next to Taste Track so it was probably built to get the sugar out of the kids before heading into the park. At least it's on the back side of Mouse Gears and not along the main pathway between Future World and World Showcase.

Cmdr_Crimson

img_8320-696x522.jpg

Sure it says this....But not to the drunkards of Food & Wine since they can't climb pyramids anymore....
playground.gif

Last edited:

Biff215

It was put up with Food and Wine, a place for the kids to run around as their parents can enjoy some food. It's right next to Taste Track so it was probably built to get the sugar out of the kids before heading into the park. At least it's on the back side of Mouse Gears and not along the main pathway between Future World and World Showcase.
The difference here? It’s being reported as “permanent”.

peter11435

Has anyone else reported this being “permanent.” I was under the impression it was a temporary addition for the festival like they’ve been doing for years. Although with food and wine rolling into holidays, rolling into art, rolling into flower and garden I could certainly see it sticking around and being mildly rebranded for each new festival. Really though I don’t understand all the disgust in this thread. There’s been playgrounds just like this off and on around Epcot for over a decade now.

Biff215

The irony of these boards where they still try to pretend like Tom Sawyer’s Island is beloved and needed becasue kids need a quiet spot to play and when Epcot builds a spot like that everyone jumps into a frenzy about how pathetic and sad Epcot is for building this.
The two cannot be compared. My kids could spend hours exploring TSI. They also enjoy AK’s boneyard and the former HISTK playground. I’m not sure they’d even bother to stop here, they have a better setup at school and that’s not saying much.

I’ve never been a fan of these for the festivals but this one looks particularly bad. What is the tie in anyway? Certainly not Ralph. It might not bother everyone, but certainly we should expect better from Disney.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Has anyone else reported this being “permanent.” I was under the impression it was a temporary addition for the festival like they’ve been doing for years. Although with food and wine rolling into holidays, rolling into art, rolling into flower and garden I could certainly see it sticking around and being mildly rebranded for each new festival. Really though I don’t understand all the disgust in this thread. There’s been playgrounds just like this off and on around Epcot for over a decade now.

They had one for the spring festival that was by its appearance temporary. This one plus the the additional walkways that were added seems like it’s going to be here for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom