Permanent Ralph Breaks The Internet Family Play Zone Debuts at Epcot

justintheharris

I don't think anybody is claiming it be the best park as many give that honor to Tokyo DisneySea. A lot of attractions are considered unique and one of a kind not some groundbreaking design just different than what you can find at the other parks.
I meant of the 4 at Disney World. Obviously as a local and a member of this forum, I go to Disney far more than most of my friends and it seems like every time I'm taking a friend who doesn't go to often, they're like "Oh EPCOT! That's my favorite!" and I just get so confused. Usually though, if I take them to all 4 parks, EPCOT is no longer their favorite afterwards. In one instance, my friend who said EPCOT was his favorite before we went told me it was his LEAST favorite afterwards. EPCOT is by miles and miles my least favorite park. The two good rides they did have lost a lot of their charm with their most recent updates. And it needs a massive overhaul. Maybe others don't but I welcome Guardians of the Galaxy into EPCOT.

eddie104

I meant of the 4 at Disney World. Obviously as a local and a member of this forum, I go to Disney far more than most of my friends and it seems like every time I'm taking a friend who doesn't go to often, they're like "Oh EPCOT! That's my favorite!" and I just get so confused. Usually though, if I take them to all 4 parks, EPCOT is no longer their favorite afterwards. In one instance, my friend who said EPCOT was his favorite before we went told me it was his LEAST favorite afterwards. EPCOT is by miles and miles my least favorite park. The two good rides they did have lost a lot of their charm with their most recent updates. And it needs a massive overhaul. Maybe others don't but I welcome Guardians of the Galaxy into EPCOT.
Yes we can agree that Epcot is well overdue for an complete update and I also welcome all the additions as well as I see them adding something that bring people back or keep them coming back.

Surfin' Tuna

I know a lot of people who also claim Epcot is their favorite, and I'm equally baffled by this. I will say, however, it was my favorite for many, many years. I'm one of those older people who remembers Epcot Center in its prime and still love it because of that. Sure I still miss Horizons and even World of Motion, but neither of those would be any good today - I can accept that. I was not looking forward to the changes as they make Epcot "more Disney," but I had no idea that any of that money would be spent adding such an elaborately themed playground. The Guardians coaster if well themed might be a welcome addition; it certainly shows a little more promise than the Frozen overlay did. The problem is some of us remember when Epcot was really great and still long for our promised Rhine river cruise instead of making something "more Disney." Epcot Center was unique in the world of theme parks, and they have a chance to still make it unique. Then again, I guess the Ralph playground is pretty unique in the parks...God let's hope it stays that way.

DisneyDreamerxyz

I saw they were working on this and had no idea what they were doing. They removed all the shrubs that were in front of mousegear and had it down to dirt. everything there now was just planted/transplanted. I expect there will be a huge promotion like there was for the Incredibles this fall for Wreck it Ralph 2.

peter11435

Sometime I wonder if people on these boards have ever seen a hyperlink, like the one on the first post, and ever followed it for the information that its link was meant to convey...

"Newly unveiled today is the permanent Family Play Zone presented by Ralph Breaks the Internet. While the Play Zone is all-new as part of the 2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, it will be a permanent addition to the park and change themes and presenting sponsors “seasonally”."
I’ve seen that quote. But as I said earlier that is the only reference I have seen anywhere that this is permanent.

Biff215

I mean it sucks yeah. But nothing else would of gone there anyways. Might as well include a little play place for kids to run off steam. This isn’t a replacement for some believed attraction or anything.
So you wouldn’t mind them putting one of these in all the parks? I’m sure there’s a nice patch of grass off the hub in MK, and maybe somewhere in Africa at AK. And why not have them all sponsored by the latest movie release?

Like I’ve said earlier, I have no problem with play areas, my kids certainly enjoy them. But they’ve been done better before (Dumbo, Boneyard, HISTK, etc) and Epcot deserves that, even if it is “temporary”.

peter11435

I just find it odd that there was never a thread with people complaining about any of the dozens of these that have come and gone in Epcot before this one.

It being used to promote a new film isn’t even new.
1535891455501.jpeg

Biff215

I just find it odd that there was never a thread with people complaining about any of the dozens of these that have come and gone in Epcot before this one.

It being used to promote a new film isn’t even new.
View attachment 308582
As myself and others have said, many of those were bigger with more shade. What clearly struck a chord here though is the one site reporting this as permanent. Maybe (hopefully) this isn’t true, but that seems to be the main concern here. I’ve shared my thoughts but I’ll let it go at this point and agree to disagree.

peter11435

As myself and others have said, many of those were bigger with more shade. What clearly struck a chord here though is the one site reporting this as permanent. Maybe (hopefully) this isn’t true, but that seems to be the main concern here. I’ve shared my thoughts but I’ll let it go at this point and agree to disagree.
Some were bigger and had more shade but not all. This is kind of middle of the road as far as these go. Not the best not the worst.

I agree, I think that report of it being permanent is what is driving this. I still do not believe that will prove to be accurate. It likely will stick around through the holidays and maybe festival of the arts but I don’t believe this to be anything more than a temporary festival addition.

The other problem with this particular one is that it’s the first to my knowledge during the food and wine festival. The ones that came before it were all part of the flower and garden festival. Which makes slightly more sense as an exhibit of backyard garden/playground installations you could do at your own home$.

peter11435

I don't think anyone is upset over Epcot adding something like this for the little ones. Every age needs something to enjoy at the park. What the biggest beef is with this playground, isn't the fact that it's a playground. It's the lacking of imagination within it, considering it's becoming a permanent fixture.
For special events? Sure, no problem. But as a permanent addition to Epcot, this does seem on the lacking side for Disney's standards of theme and story. Heck, it doesn't even come close to Central Fla's standards when it comes to themed play areas.

One of these things is not like the others...
View attachment 308605
It is not confirmed to be permanent.

peter11435

True, it's not confirmed, but Blog Mickey is not one of those sites that deals in click-bait rumor articles, so they must have a good reason to say that it's permeant.
True, but everything from Disney thus far indicates this playground to be a part of the Food and Wine Festival, and it’s execution supports that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I followed up on this with Blog Mickey and got this response....

"I had originally assumed it was temporary as well, given the fact that the space is used for some topiaries during Flower and Garden. I talked to two managers (one hardhat) who were opening the playground and they both told me it would be permanent, switching themes seasonally, so that's what I reported"

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I have sat at these playground types at food and wine before to take a break and let the kid play a bit. DW are typically more tired than our child (and neice and nephew). They want to keep going. Compromise. Lol.

justintheharris

I don't think the issue is with the playground itself, its just that EPCOT has so little to do for very young kids that this was needed in the first place. I personally don't care if they add a playground, but it shouldn't be needed.
Nothing to do for very young kids? I'd argue they have limited options for anybody and everybody! I can appreciate rides that aren't thrill rides but a lot of EPCOT's rides are just outright boring. Sorry everybody (I know I'm going to have my house burned tonight for saying it) but Living With The Land is boring. If it was a walk through attraction, nobody would go through it. Maybe it's alright the first time but I'm really over my friends dragging me on that ride to hear them spiel the same facts and stare at the same plants and I'm also incredibly confused at how many people love Living With The Land!! Lord help EPCOT.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Nothing to do for very young kids? I'd argue they have limited options for anybody and everybody! I can appreciate rides that aren't thrill rides but a lot of EPCOT's rides are just outright boring. Sorry everybody (I know I'm going to have my house burned tonight for saying it) but Living With The Land is boring. If it was a walk through attraction, nobody would go through it. Maybe it's alright the first time but I'm really over my friends dragging me on that ride to hear them spiel the same facts and stare at the same plants and I'm also incredibly confused at how many people love Living With The Land!! Lord help EPCOT.

I pay money to walk through Living with the Land!! (I take the Behind the Seeds tour.)

:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom