Peephole in Epcot bathroom?

lazyboy97o

Your expert knowledge and information is appreciated, very informative, still the burning question of What Will Be Done To Correct The Situation? remains. Do you have an insight into what Disney Co. facilities maintenance is going to do for inspection and maintenance of the restrooms?
I can’t speak to any of that. Unfortunately, restrooms are often neglected spaces in terms of maintenance and even proper design in many places. It’s not uncommon to see bad upkeep and code violations, mostly in regards to accessibility.

LittleBuford

It clearly would not be conspicuous because most people here seem to think there should be a hole in that location with all sorts of vague justifications for something they don’t know about, assuming it must be something that requires a lot more levels of failure than a single bad actor.
Not a single person here has claimed there should be a hole in that location. Nor is anyone justifying the hole's presence. We all agree it shouldn't be there, regardless of its origins.

Yes, you clearly know more about matters of constructions than the rest of us, but you too are simply guessing when it comes to the peephole question. None of us knows the answer to that question; we are all just assuming things one way or the other.

Last edited:

Pepper's Ghost

Anyway, since all we're doing is guessing, I'm happy to agree to disagree. I'm just repeating myself at this point.
I'm good with this. One last sincere question... are you saying that you feel there's no way it's being used as a peephole, or feel it's possible but unlikely, more probably due to disrepair?

Btw, if the latter that's actually a much bigger issue IMO than one creep who using a peephole. If disrepair was so bad to have created large cavities in what should be solid walls, that's a level of disrepair that's a safety issue and has potential for class-action... not just poor maintenance.

LittleBuford

I'm good with this. One last sincere question... are you saying that you feel there's no way it's being used as a peephole, or feel it's possible but unlikely, more probably due to disrepair?

Btw, if the latter that's actually a much bigger issue IMO than one creep who using a peephole. If disrepair was so bad to have created large cavities in what should be solid walls, that's a level of disrepair that's a safety issue and has potential for class-action... not just poor maintenance.
Given its location and angle, I honestly don’t think it can even function as a peephole without the aid of some highly conspicuous lens or camera peering out of it. I think we’re simply seeing the outcome of some botched repair or latterly inflicted damage.

lazyboy97o

Not a single person here has claimed there should be a hole in that location. Nor is anyone justifying the hole's presence. We all agree is shouldn't be there, regardless of its origins.

Yes, you clearly know more about matters of constructions than the rest of us, but you too are simply guessing when it comes to the peephole question. None of us knows the answer to that question; we are all just assuming things one way or the other.
There a multiple posts saying there should be a hole behind the sealant, that it is just worn out chaulk and bad maintenance. You even went so far as to suggest the hole should extend to the floor, that the toilets are somehow suspended above a void.

I have never once said it must be a peephole. I said it is highly suspicious and should be treated as such. It should not just be assumed as the natural result of poor maintenance. Making the hole would be incredibly easy. Similar holes have been used for peeping, and there was even the previously referenced incident at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. There should not be a hole through a wall in that location. Even if subsequent renovations, there should not be a hole in the relatively new tile.

ImperfectPixie

This is one of the points that I (and I believe @lazyboy97o ) have been trying to get across as to the origins of the hole. That the level of disrepair necessary for a hole all the way through the tile, mortar, and wall to appear is just huge...and to the point that the toilet could be dangerous to use.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But this requires us to believe that multiple people at Disney—from management to maintenance to cleaning—are in on the conspiracy not to close the hole so that it can continue to be used for peeping. Such a scenario seems wildly far-fetched to me.
Or its simple complacency…

Big company means lots of telling someone else to do something verse someone just doing it themselves. Imagine every handoff is an opportunity to do ‘just enough’ but not enough to be great. Every handoff thus multiples the apathy towards quick or satisfactory conclusions.

I reported it… end of responsibility…
I made a work order…. End of responsibility
I am working on a list of work orders… yours is in the pile…
I order parts…. I don’t know or care about the work orders origin…

Etc etc etc.

Goofyernmost

I agree. I just couldn't think of a better brief way to describe it. With the camera held at a reasonable distance, as it moved you could easily see a change of "scenery" for lack of a better term. That's how large the hole is. See how long that took to describe "movement on the other side"? 😁🤣 Was just trying to avoid that long description.
Seems like an odd spot to put a Peep hole. Pretty much anything any one would see from that angle is a butt cheek. I'm not sure what we are seeing through the hole butt (tee hee) it is way to close to the actual user of the restroom to not be seen immediately. Color me skeptical.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This is one of the points that I (and I believe @lazyboy97o ) have been trying to get across as to the origins of the hole. That the level of disrepair necessary for a hole all the way through the tile, mortar, and wall to appear is just huge...and to the point that the toilet could be dangerous to use.
New toliet in front of bad wall would not be dangerous.

Again we should not assume this is just one installation start to finish.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I hate being repetitive, but there is just no logical reason for a hole to be in that specific place above the fixture. A fixture sinking that little wouldn't expose a hole like that. Poor maintenance makes sense for a sink faucet handle to be loose, a hand dryer to not work, or a bathroom stall door to be falling off. A hole in a wall above the top of the toilet fixture doesn't make sense without some assistance in removing material from the board behind the tile. There is no hole in that area that would be exposed if a fixture sank an inch. If it sank several inches, perhaps the hole for the water supply might become exposed, but that's just not the case based on the video.
You’ve never seen someone hang a picture over a hole in the wall?

Nor seen crews just ignore wall issues behind cabinets?

Neither of those were caused by what you covered it with… but that doesn’t mean it’s not done.

“Out of sight, out of mind”. People try to cover half-a— stuff all the time.

DisneyCane

That's almost definitely NOT a peep hole and just the result of bad installation and maintenance.

Also, whoever took the tiktok video was likely violating laws when they filmed in the bathroom outside of the stall if there was anybody else in there.

Goofyernmost

Neither of those were caused by what you covered it with… but that doesn’t mean it’s not done.

Over many years in public places I have seen holes in the walls after a different plumbing appliance was installed. You know what most of us that noticed it did? We stuffed toilet paper in the hole. That served two purposes. Number one was it fixed the immediate problem so it couldn't be used as a peep hole. Number two was if it was a peep hole it sent the message to whomever was allegedly peeping that they had been discovered and they probably should find a new place to get their crack fix.

lazyboy97o

New toliet in front of bad wall would not be dangerous.

Again we should not assume this is just one installation start to finish.
While the wall isn’t carrying the weight of the toilet itself, it is carrying those grab bars and large wall tiles.

When you put a picture or cabinet over a hole you don’t then follow up by punching a corresponding hole in the picture or cabinet. A hole right through the tile and wall right there at the fixture is quite a coincidence.

flynnibus

Premium Member
While the wall isn’t carrying the weight of the toilet itself, it is carrying those grab bars and large wall tiles.
And when we see a hole in a wall, who assumes the entire wall is compromised?

When you put a picture or cabinet over a hole you don’t then follow up by punching a corresponding hole in the picture or cabinet.
But some rando can come along and move your picture or pull on your cabinet. Your counter point here is meaningless, as it assumes the outcome MUST also come from those who did the work.

lazyboy97o

And when we see a hole in a wall, who assumes the entire wall is compromised?

But some rando can come along and move your picture or pull on your cabinet. Your counter point here is meaningless, as it assumes the outcome MUST also come from those who did the work.
A picture or cabinet is attached to the wall. A wall hung toilet, despite its name, is not. Moving the toilet without touching the wall except this one odd point is significantly more skilled work than even proper installation, it’s almost impossible with sloppy crews.

flynnibus

Premium Member
A picture or cabinet is attached to the wall. A wall hung toilet, despite its name, is not. Moving the toilet without touching the wall except this one odd point is significantly more skilled work than even proper installation, it’s almost impossible with sloppy crews.

A picture obscuring the hole doesn't mean the picture was the cause of the hole.

Something secured doesn't mean it stays secured.

A toilet here today doesn't mean it was always that toilet there.

A tiled wall seen today doesn't mean it never has been rebuilt.

An installation done right the first time doesn't mean it was done right in subsequent times.

That installation is complete garbage. I highly doubt it was the original install. And if it is, and was acceptable... then you should really be ignoring any of the conventional standards of acceptable if they let that through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom