Peephole in Epcot bathroom?

LittleBuford

4. What seems to be light coming through after looking at it for awhile seemed to be more likely the light from the camera or some other source reflecting back to the camera.
While I share your view that it isn't a peephole, the space behind it does appear to be lit somehow. This is more clearly seen in her follow-up video:

ETA: The way she leaves the toilet without washing her hands freaks me out more than I can describe.

celluloid

While I share your view that it isn't a peephole, the space behind it does appear to be lit somehow. This is more clearly seen in her follow-up video:

ETA: The way she leaves the toilet without washing her hands freaks me out more than I can describe.

It is lit behind it because it is a janitorial service space. The one you see the custodian going in at the end.

celluloid

Are you saying you can actually see someone entering the space? I really can't.

I am not familiar with this restroom in particular but that would be a safe assumption if lit it is a service area space.
Most Restrooms at Walt Disney World(and other major theme parks) have large service closets that store both the male and female(and in some cases companion) restroom supplies. This looks to be what we are seeing in that space back there.

Even if not a hole used for malice and just neglect and poor installation, that is what that space behind there appears to be.

lazyboy97o

New tile can also be installed over compromised substrate leading to people cutting corners like.. not putting in a tile where it should be... or simply doing a job without a replacement title when they needed one, cut corners and skip it.. because it will be assumed covered by the toilet fixture and isn't supporting the fixture. HENCE THE WHOLE PICTURE ANALOGY.

Bozos break stuff and cut corners all the time when doing replacements because they aren't setup necessarily to build the thing from scratch. You keep referring to how it would have been installed new - and won't recognize the wild west of "I'm here to fix the toilet.. I'll do whatever I need to make it look complete" or what conditions may have been created after the fact by damage.

I'm talking about standards because it's clear from that video that that fixture is full of substandard work. Grout is falling out of the joints. The caulk job is trying to cover too large of width. The caulk is trying to cover gaps. The caulk job is sloppy all over the fixture. The caulk job is separating from the fixture. This was a poor job. We don't know if it was a poor job after the fact or when built. But its clearly a crap job someone left as 'good enough'. With that level of acceptable standard of work, there is no telling what other skeletons they left behind the finish work.

Let's also remember what is the primary cause of Grout failure? MOVEMENT. What causes movement? substandard SUBSTRATE!
We’re not talking about small tiles. We’re talking about a single massive tile that just so happened to break so that it aligns with an existing hole and was placed so late that it couldn’t but cut for use somewhere else like a corner, all with the hope that a likely unknown toilet.

The parts for new construction are the same for renovation. I am plenty familiar with commercial renovations and the chaos of unknown existing conditions. That is exactly part of why I find the idea of everything aligning so perfectly to be suspicious. It’s layer and layers of poor work all at one point at level that is not repeated elsewhere. It’s meh work but most of these hypotheticals require simultaneous extremely poor work and extremely skilled work across different people.

lazyboy97o

Are you saying you can actually see someone entering the space? I really can't.
Yes, the space most likely can be entered. It’s a plumbing chase. It is not just static pipes behind that wall. The actual flush valve for the toilet is located behind the wall, you would have to enter that space to do a repair and fixing flush valves is a pretty common repair for toilets. If you look in the custodial closets between group restrooms at Walt Disney World you will often see a small door, it leads to the plumbing chase.

LittleBuford

Yes, the space most likely can be entered. It’s a plumbing chase. It is not just static pipes behind that wall. The actual flush valve for the toilet is located behind the wall, you would have to enter that space to do a repair and fixing flush valves is a pretty common repair for toilets. If you look in the custodial closets between group restrooms at Walt Disney World you will often see a small door, it leads to the plumbing chase.
My question was whether @celluloid could actually see someone entering the space in the TikTok video, which is what I thought they were saying, though it seems from their subsequent reply to me that I misunderstood.

lazyboy97o

Yes - after she leaves the bathroom, she records a janitor entering the area behind the toilets.
While the chase is usually accessed through the custodial closet, they are not one common space. There is typically a door separating the two spaces to limit access to the chase. Generally custodial staff aren’t going to be tasked with maintaining and repairing plumbing.

Dutch Inn '76

Y'all - there are sickos everywhere. Yes, at WDW too (maybe even especially at WDW). I don't get the surprise and/or outrage. Be on the lookout - and move on with your life.

LittleBuford

Y'all - there are sickos everywhere. Yes, at WDW too (maybe even especially at WDW). I don't get the surprise and/or outrage. Be on the lookout - and move on with your life.
I would absolutely be surprised and outraged to discover the existence of a peephole at WDW. Yes, there are sickos everywhere, but that doesn't make it any less shocking when you find evidence of their activities.

ImperfectPixie

While the chase is usually accessed through the custodial closet, they are not one common space. There is typically a door separating the two spaces to limit access to the chase. Generally custodial staff aren’t going to be tasked with maintaining and repairing plumbing.
Yup. One of the benefits of doing site surveys is getting to see all this stuff first-hand while it's being built (although I was usually on site prior to any fixtures being installed).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here’s another thought: if some rando creeper wants to look at a 2” patch of your skin In the bathroom…how does that actually affect your life?

Especially since you’re a stranger and they would ultimately get caught?

…and why can’t they take care of MY invasion of privacy. Which is having adults in princess dresses imprinted on my cerebellum…

…and I…can’t…get…them…OUT!!

LittleBuford

Here’s another thought: if some rando creeper wants to look at a 2” patch of your skin In the bathroom…how does that actually affect your life?

Especially since you’re a stranger and they would ultimately get caught?

…and why can’t they take care of MY invasion of privacy. Which is having adults in princess dresses imprinted on my cerebellum…

…and I…can’t…get…them…OUT!!
While I don’t believe we’re dealing with a peephole in this instance, voyeurism shouldn’t be made light of. I for one would feel extremely violated to know I was being spied on in the toilet, no matter how little of me the voyeur was able to see.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
While I don’t believe we’re dealing with a peephole in this instance, voyeurism shouldn’t be made light of. I for one would feel extremely violated to know I was being spied on in the toilet, no matter how little of me the voyeur was able to see.
I was a tad tongue in cheek there, Skip…

But I do believe this is a ridiculous thing to debate in circles ultimately.

They’ve had hostage situations in their hotels that have gotten less play. So did the PI “bombing”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom