Peephole in Epcot bathroom?

Pepper's Ghost

I don't think you are actually seeing something moving through the hole, I think that is simply caused by the camera movement.
I agree. I just couldn't think of a better brief way to describe it. With the camera held at a reasonable distance, as it moved you could easily see a change of "scenery" for lack of a better term. That's how large the hole is. See how long that took to describe "movement on the other side"? 😁🤣 Was just trying to avoid that long description.

GimpYancIent

The toilet isn’t attached to the wall, it’s bolted through the wall underneath the seat.
Your expert knowledge and information is appreciated, very informative, still the burning question of What Will Be Done To Correct The Situation? remains. Do you have an insight into what Disney Co. facilities maintenance is going to do for inspection and maintenance of the restrooms?

Pepper's Ghost

The worst part about this whole situation is that the proper repair of this toilet is not an expensive fix. Anyone of us could pay for it with a low-limit Home Depot credit card, including a brand new fixture, materials, and sub-contractor. Considering TWDC likely has the appropriate people on staff to fix it, it would be even cheaper. This isn't like fixing the Yeti. It isn't bank-breaking to properly fix a toilet in the parks, but the PR nightmare costs 1000s of times more in the negative attention. This is yet another reason why peeping seems like the more likely scenario because it would be so easy and cheap to fix. The fact that it hasn't been done yet is really inexplicable if not nefarious.

Ayla

According to a whackadoodle lunatic on twitter, this hole is proof (PROOF, I TELL YOU!) Disney is snatching children into their underground tunnels under all the parks, molesting them before their parents know they're gone and returning them. All because he heard multiple announcements over the loudspeakers about missing children while he was there.

Yes, I am serious. And yes, it is as insane as it sounds.

ImperfectPixie

According to a whackadoodle lunatic on twitter, this hole is proof (PROOF, I TELL YOU!) Disney is snatching children into their underground tunnels under all the parks, molesting them before their parents know they're gone and returning them. All because he heard multiple announcements over the loudspeakers about missing children while he was there.

That person obviously thinks all parents are oblivious morons. I can't imagine being in a Disney park and not knowing exactly where either of my children are.

LittleBuford

The worst part about this whole situation is that the proper repair of this toilet is not an expensive fix. Anyone of us could pay for it with a low-limit Home Depot credit card, including a brand new fixture, materials, and sub-contractor. Considering TWDC likely has the appropriate people on staff to fix it, it would be even cheaper. This isn't like fixing the Yeti. It isn't bank-breaking to properly fix a toilet in the parks, but the PR nightmare costs 1000s of times more in the negative attention. This is yet another reason why peeping seems like the more likely scenario because it would be so easy and cheap to fix. The fact that it hasn't been done yet is really inexplicable if not nefarious.
But this requires us to believe that multiple people at Disney—from management to maintenance to cleaning—are in on the conspiracy not to close the hole so that it can continue to be used for peeping. Such a scenario seems wildly far-fetched to me.

ImperfectPixie

But this requires us to believe that multiple people at Disney—from management to maintenance to cleaning—are in on the conspiracy not to close the hole so that it can continue to be used for peeping. Such a scenario seems wildly far-fetched to me.
I think it's more likely indicative of lack of efficient communication and/or setting appropriate priorities.

Pepper's Ghost

I disagree. Considering how lax Disney has become on quality, all it takes is for a bathroom attendant to report the work order, the maintenance guy responsible for the area to close it stating he "caulked the issue", and then nobody in management to double-check. RE management firms don't have a manager double-check that work is actually completed. The maintenance guy just closes the WO ticket and that's it. If another complaint comes in, then they can just claim that the caulk fell through. Really it only takes one person to continue the ruse. Different departments don't communicate so efficiently that would never allow for something like this to happen, especially when TWDC company is not filling open roles, by lack of available workers or through their own attempt for savings. Management doesn't get involved until the $h*t hits the fan... which it has now.

That said, if it wasn't nefarious, why wouldn't it have been fixed after several weeks?

Pepper's Ghost

This is insane. While I think that there could be some nefarious motivation in this situation, it isn't more than a perv or two... maybe. It's absurd to over-blow the situation into a massive corporate conspiracy. Why does everything have to be blown up into a massive conspiracy these days. It's very simple. SOMEONE is to blame for the situation. It might or might not be nefarious. It has nothing to do with a corporate conspiracy. :rolleyes:

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
This is insane. While I think that there could be some nefarious motivation in this situation, it isn't more than a perv or two... maybe. It's absurd to over-blow the situation into a massive corporate conspiracy. Why does everything have to be blown up into a massive conspiracy these days. It's very simple. SOMEONE is to blame for the situation. It might or might not be nefarious. It has nothing to do with a corporate conspiracy. :rolleyes:
That's what they would have you believe 😉😉😉

MaryJaneP

Hard to think of the corporate planning memo that conspiracists seem to be sure must have gone out calling for one bathroom only, in EPCOT nonetheless, to have a hole put in it, for some unknown nefarious reason. Given their legendary slowness on construction or any changes, maybe the original plans for EPCOT called for this hole and everyone missed it. Finally, if it is such a show, wouldn't Cheapek charge admission?

Pepper's Ghost

Because of poor maintenance. Your suspicion would make more sense to me if this were the only instance of disrepair to be found at WDW. We all know it isn’t.
I hate being repetitive, but there is just no logical reason for a hole to be in that specific place above the fixture. A fixture sinking that little wouldn't expose a hole like that. Poor maintenance makes sense for a sink faucet handle to be loose, a hand dryer to not work, or a bathroom stall door to be falling off. A hole in a wall above the top of the toilet fixture doesn't make sense without some assistance in removing material from the board behind the tile. There is no hole in that area that would be exposed if a fixture sank an inch. If it sank several inches, perhaps the hole for the water supply might become exposed, but that's just not the case based on the video.

LittleBuford

I hate being repetitive, but there is just no logical reason for a hole to be in that specific place above the fixture. A fixture sinking that little wouldn't expose a hole like that. Poor maintenance makes sense for a sink faucet handle to be loose, a hand dryer to not work, or a bathroom stall door to be falling off. A hole in a wall above the top of the toilet fixture doesn't make sense without some assistance in removing material from the board behind the tile. There is no hole in that area that would be exposed if a fixture sank an inch. If it sank several inches, perhaps the hole for the water supply might become exposed, but that's just not the case based on the video.
I find it more illogical that someone would drill a peephole in a place that is at once extremely conspicuous and extremely ill-suited to the purpose of seeing the toilet's user. That makes less sense to me than the possibility (I would say likelihood) of structural quirks in an old building that has undergone multiple renovations over the decades.

Anyway, since all we're doing is guessing, I'm happy to agree to disagree. I'm just repeating myself at this point.

lazyboy97o

I find it more illogical that someone would drill a peephole in a place that is at once extremely conspicuous and extremely ill-suited to the purpose of seeing the toilet's user. That makes less sense to me than the possibility (I would say likelihood) of structural quirks in an old building that has undergone multiple renovations over the decades.

Anyway, since all we're doing is guessing, I'm happy to agree to disagree. I'm just repeating myself at this point.
It clearly would not be conspicuous because most people here seem to think there should be a hole in that location with all sorts of vague justifications for something they don’t know about, assuming it must be something that does not require a lot more levels of failure than a single bad actor.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom