News Peak season crowds have arrived

tribbleorlfl

unless you want the photo pass the silver seems to be a sweet spot platinum makes no sense unless you need to be there on Christmas. unlike universal the pass levels are mostly just for the privlige of walking in the gate at x time of year. been doing universal alot more lately and let me just say.... spontaneous feels good.
Christmastime was the exact reason why we still had our Platinum's, but our monthly payment would have gone up by $60 to keep and we just couldn't justify it. We almost non-renewed out of principal, but they have us hook, line and sinker so we dropped down to Gold.

We actually used to have UO AP's after WWoHP opened. However, despite being much cheaper than WDW passes, we found them to be a much worse value for our family. While my son is a huge HP fan (the reason why we bought the tickets in the first place), he is a gentle soul and refuses to go on thrill rides or anything aggressive in nature. There's only so many times we could walk through Hogsmeade and Diagon, go on Cat in the Hat, and sit in the JP Discovery Center or Curious George area while he played before we realized we were throwing our money away.

My daughter, on the other hand, is turning out to be a little Hellraiser, so we might have to just go back when she's tall enough to go on the coasters.

Bairstow

Christmastime was the exact reason why we still had our Platinum's, but our monthly payment would have gone up by $60 to keep and we just couldn't justify it. We almost non-renewed out of principal, but they have us hook, line and sinker so we dropped down to Gold.

We actually used to have UO AP's after WWoHP opened. However, despite being much cheaper than WDW passes, we found them to be a much worse value for our family. While my son is a huge HP fan (the reason why we bought the tickets in the first place), he is a gentle soul and refuses to go on thrill rides or anything aggressive in nature. There's only so many times we could walk through Hogsmeade and Diagon, go on Cat in the Hat, and sit in the JP Discovery Center or Curious George area while he played before we realized we were throwing our money away.

My daughter, on the other hand, is turning out to be a little Hellraiser, so we might have to just go back when she's tall enough to go on the coasters.
I'll bet your son catches the coaster bug too as soon as he knows his little sister is game.

Kman101

Sadly, this is why I rarely want to go to MK ever.

I definitely prefer the other three parks ... I'll always love the MK (it's my nostalgic home park, but the other castle parks probably outrank it, unfortunately; not that it matters) but it's horribly crowded for a variety of reasons (not saying the other parks don't, but I find them much more enjoyable). Even my mom was shocked a few years ago (after not visiting for a very long time) at how unbearable the MK has become. She found the other parks much more relaxing.

the_rich

I went the last weekend of April into may and the second week of December last year and most rides were 30 mins or less. Off the top of my head toy story, rnr, frozen, tt(kept.going down), soarin, Pandora and the mountains in mk were the only rides with over 60 min waits. But I used for for those anyway. Was def a great experience and I would never go when school is out.

Nemo14

School vacation week here in RI next week and CT and MA too I think, so you might see an increase in crowds (after the lousy weather we've had here!)

TheDuke

The meltdown earlier in this thread was silly. It was Spring Break. What did you expect? Maybe not quite as bad as going on Christmas but it's always been nuts.

And for the record even on crazy crowded days you can get your FP's in advance and get there early to get a ride or two in with a short wait, and then do less popular stuff during the day and take your time with meals and so forth. Getting up early and spending 15 minutes to book FP's on your computer isn't "a lot of work".

mikejs78

Premium Member
Just landed at the airport in Orlando so this is great to hear.
School vacation week here in RI next week and CT and MA too I think, so you might see an increase in crowds (after the lousy weather we've had here!)
I don't think RI/MA/CT make much of a dent... All New England is really spread out over the next 3 weeks (this week included). Much of CT is actually this week. The rest of the country has their spring break the two weeks around Easter.

I hear you on the weather though... I'm from MA and can't wait to be down there next week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom