News Peak season crowds have arrived

mikejs78

Premium Member
So I'm just back from a week in WDW (after having been away for a couple of years) - and I have to say it was an excellent trip. Crowds were reasonable and manegable, other than a few choke points in MK (parts of the main Fantasyland throughway, Adventureland Bridge right before FoF)... But waits were all reasonable, the parks were relaxing to walk around, and it was just a good experience all around. The parks felt clean, I noticed some cleaning work going on on some of the buildings, and every single cast member I met was friendly and helpful. The staff at our hotel (Beach Club) quickly resolved one issue I had on check in and were friendly and helpful throughout the trip. I only experienced two ride closures - Pirates at one point and Test Track (in this case, it wasn't even Disney's fault - someone jumped out of one of the TT cars mid ride).

All in all, it was a great trip. Anyone looking for lower crowds, post-spring break is a great time to go. Also, I don't get all the complaints about Disney service not being what it used to - to me, it was as much on display this week as it's ever been in my experience.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I only experienced two ride closures - Pirates at one point and Test Track (in this case, it wasn't even Disney's fault - someone jumped out of one of the TT cars mid ride).
How does someone even do that with the seat belt in place???

Does this portend lap bars AND seat belts on TT in the near future?

mikejs78

Premium Member
How does someone even do that with the seat belt in place???

Does this portend lap bars AND seat belts on TT in the near future?
Don't know. The CM I spoke to said no one was hurt but they had to shut down the ride while security got involved....

mikejs78

Premium Member
So I'm just back from a week in WDW (after having been away for a couple of years) - and I have to say it was an excellent trip. Crowds were reasonable and manegable, other than a few choke points in MK (parts of the main Fantasyland throughway, Adventureland Bridge right before FoF)... But waits were all reasonable, the parks were relaxing to walk around, and it was just a good experience all around. The parks felt clean, I noticed some cleaning work going on on some of the buildings, and every single cast member I met was friendly and helpful. The staff at our hotel (Beach Club) quickly resolved one issue I had on check in and were friendly and helpful throughout the trip. I only experienced two ride closures - Pirates at one point and Test Track (in this case, it wasn't even Disney's fault - someone jumped out of one of the TT cars mid ride).

All in all, it was a great trip. Anyone looking for lower crowds, post-spring break is a great time to go. Also, I don't get all the complaints about Disney service not being what it used to - to me, it was as much on display this week as it's ever been in my experience.
One thing to add - at least this time, the runDisney event didn't seem to impact crowds at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom