News Peak season crowds have arrived

LSLS

For years, we rarely waited the amount of time posted at the entrance to TSM. And we know why, it's not some huge secret - it was hugely popular at the time and they wanted people to go to other rides/attractions/shows (We had non-bus-driver CM's admit it). Unless they aren't inflating them across-the-board, and are (again) deliberately doing it for a only specific rides, what purpose would TDO have for inflating wait times in the MDE app? Legit question, it doesn't make sense to me for them to do that.

I could really only think of 2 reasons. The first would be just simply justifying their price increases. The second would be to keep people off rides and spending money. If you see 7DMT/Space at 35 minutes, you are very likely to be running back and forth riding them. You see them at 200 minutes, most likely you skip. I can post from my firsthand (anecdotal) experience that 7DMT stated 100 minutes, we had ridden the ride and were off under 30 minutes, and it stated 120 when we got off (with the person behind us having a red card, so they had a very good idea of the wait time).

jaxonp

I could really only think of 2 reasons. The first would be just simply justifying their price increases. The second would be to keep people off rides and spending money. If you see 7DMT/Space at 35 minutes, you are very likely to be running back and forth riding them. You see them at 200 minutes, most likely you skip. I can post from my firsthand (anecdotal) experience that 7DMT stated 100 minutes, we had ridden the ride and were off under 30 minutes, and it stated 120 when we got off (with the person behind us having a red card, so they had a very good idea of the wait time).

Exactly. Again a friendly reminder for everyone at home looking at the app trying to gage how busy the parks are when in reality we have little idea unless you’re actually in the park. Disney is really doing a great job manipulating the system to get certain results and it’s working.

JillC LI

(a) As long as you don't mind getting up at 6 am on vacation, and ...
(b) as long as you enjoy walking through a crowd elbow to elbow, dodging strollers, ECVs and sticky hands (or, conversely, slam-dancing with total strangers, ramming ankles and shins, running over people who suddenly stop right in front of you, and spreading the joy from your last gooey Mickey Ice Cream Bar).
Nope, I don't mind if I'm at Disney World.
Sounds like a lot of work for a "vacation"
Depends on what kind of vacation you want. If I want a relaxing vacation, I'll go to the Caribbean. If I want a fun vacation, I'll go to WDW with the intention of waking up early every day to maximize park activities. If I want an interesting or sight-seeing vacation, I'll go to Europe or a National Park or something. It all depends on what you want out of your vacation.

Kman101

Ugh... the parks have been busy all year. MDE has constantly been over stating wait times and it’s been Progressively worse this year. The point being, this is spring break, and by my, boots on the ground experience, it’s not any busier than last years spring break season. In fact, it seems a bit slower than last year. Now you want to talk about a time this year that was busier than expected then look no foruther than the first week of January when FOP was 5 hours, Dinosaur and Everest’s over 3. Space mountain and SDMT 3+ all week. Now I can tell you, first hand,
that almost all wait times have actually been less than what’s posted, sometimes considerably less. Point: MDE is a reference point, not actual. I’ve yet to wait what MDE says, THIS YEAR. Something is going on behind the scenes.

No one's arguing it's busier for Spring Break than in the past. Some are just saying this type of busy isn't normal for REGULAR busy days, of course this is fairly standard for this type of time period.

But agreed on something going on behind the scenes.

jaques21

I LOVE IT! seeing people have melt downs, children passed out, then there is the few people you see walking that look like they have been through war. :hilarious: All kidding aside its nice to see families enjoying themselves!

beachlover4444

Here in Myrtle Beach this week it's been a zoo like the middle of July. All the hotels have been sold out with spring breakers. The northerners are dying for sunshine and warm weather so we were packed. Even with the ocean here at 54 degrees people were out there in the water. yowzers

raymusiccity

What time of day were these pics taken?

Today at 12:15. Standby Line for Small World was past entrance to Pinocchio's; Standby for Peter Pan was past entrance to Philharmagic !!:eek:
IMG_20180405_121354185.jpg

mikejs78

Premium Member
Exactly. Again a friendly reminder for everyone at home looking at the app trying to gage how busy the parks are when in reality we have little idea unless you’re actually in the park. Disney is really doing a great job manipulating the system to get certain results and it’s working.
I've found in the past that TouringPlans' Lines app has been much more accurate. Not perfect by any means, but more accurate than the MDE app...

Bairstow

dude your right I zoomed in so much unhappy.

Eh.

I don't think you can infer much from that.

Go watch any random YouTube video of people walking around Disney World on less crowded days. Other than the employees, who are paid to look cheerful, it's not as if everyone's grinning on the sidewalks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom