News Peak season crowds have arrived

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's an odd metric.

I would think if your concern is capacity, you would want to look at total theoretical throughput and not just a simple ratio of attractions per guest.

Reminds me a lot of the argument that New Fantasyland isn't an expansion because 20k Leagues sat there unused for 20 years. I guess the same argument is being used for Star Wars and Toy Story because it's being built on the Backlot which was shortened then closed for years before being put of its misery.

At the end of the day, it's just a bunch of useless gesticulating to downplay additions to the parks.

If you have a problem with the additions being less superior than their previous incarnate then that's another argument based mostly on opinion, but to dismiss them on the grounds of some sort of mathematical "facts" is inane.

This isn't really a back and forth I want to get into though, as there is not much use in debating the validity of attractions that are happening.

New fantasyland wasn’t an addition not because of hole left by 20,000...it’s because they moved/repurposed rides with the small exception of a dumbo spinner and the little mermaid ride. They added concrete though...

It’s not about quality at all. I’m impressed with avatar and the others will be fine. It’s simply butts in seats.

Yes...the parks are more than rides...but fundamentally they are rides and they always will be.

This isn’t really an argument worth having...iger did nothing for a decade, is trying to exploit a bubble economy, and the experience/value is suffering on a predictable curve from it.

Not groundbreaking theory...and opinion vary...but I’ll stand on this hill quite well fortified. As I predicted 10 years ago.

Toy story is gonna be a big canary...as they’ve built nothing and will get a bump from it. The parks already a mess.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So, now you know. It wasn't sarcasm.

Keep track of the knee jerk haters and don't assume the best of them.

50/50...most things are grey...so all discussions become and certain hue of grey/Gray...never fully defined 😳

And it’s very ironic for you to name call...as I’ve yet to see you present any well reasoned points on anything in context...just post things off google and go buy magic bands. Kindergarten level quality.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Last night you had the park to yourself. Even the fireworks crowd on Main Street was thin, if you can believe that

I can...a week after all the one week vacations ended?

As it should be. no South American crowds...southern schools all in the last few weeks of the year?

Yeah...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Isn’t it amazing that the people who complain the most about WDW are the same people who visit quite often?

It’s also amazing that people don’t comprehend that those that offer legitimate criticism want the place to be better out of attachment/fondness for it.

I choose not to sleepwalk through life. That’s just me.

21stamps

It’s also amazing that people don’t comprehend that those that offer legitimate criticism want the place to be better out of attachment/fondness for it.

I choose not to sleepwalk through life. That’s just me.
Sounds more like battered wife syndrome to me..
I tend not to do/spend money on things that I don’t enjoy and constantly complain about, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sounds more like battered wife syndrome to me..
I tend not to do/spend money on things that I don’t enjoy and constantly complain about, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

No...but you will rally for days against reasonable pay at the places you dump money into...

The French have a word for that.

We all have warts 🐸

21stamps

No...but you will rally for days against reasonable pay at the places you dump money into...

The French have a word for that.

We all have warts 🐸
I pay for things that I see value in.. its amazing, absolutely utterly amazing to me, that someone who complains about Disney repeatedly, every single day.. Will then go to Disney during Spring Break.. and claim how enlightened that are and how everyone else is the Fools.

I spend money where I see value currently, not because I’m clinging to the past.

One of those sounds foolish, one doesn’t. But if we convince ourselves that we’re really not the fool, then I guess it can be justifiable.. maybe..sorta? I don’t know, I got nothing really.

Phineas

Oh. My. Goodness.

No thank you. Those pictures are exactly why we tend to go in slower months, or at least what *were* slower months...
Sigh. Those were the days. I remember going during slower months when I was in middle school, and it felt like we had the place to ourselves in the early morning. That was ~18 years ago, and I'm afraid I'll never get to experience that beautiful emptiness ever again.

iMax

As a MK cast member, I for one say that last week was terrible, the guests were just straight up angry at everything. One night for instance I was working Parade Audience Control for HEA and it was mayhem, it got to the point where a guest elbowed me in the chest and almost knocked me down just to get a (terrible might I add) view of the show, we had to end up calling security.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
As a MK cast member, I for one say that last week was terrible, the guests were just straight up angry at everything. One night for instance I was working Parade Audience Control for HEA and it was mayhem, it got to the point where a guest elbowed me in the chest and almost knocked me down just to get a (terrible might I add) view of the show, we had to end up calling security.

I know unlikely due to cost and setup, etc. but without a night parade and the popularity of HEA, it would be nice to see 2 viewings of it most nights due to the mass crowds now wanting to be in front of the castle to see projections

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yes. It ended last week for the most part.
But I thought Disney didn't have any slow times anymore?
All net gains? They didn’t take anything offline to build those, huh?

We’ve been through this before...it’s about CAPACITY. That is a measurement of processing ability.

Tron is a net gain...ratatouille is a net gain...avatar was a net gain. The others are not.

You know better.
Not this again. It's about capacity *and* utilization.

Take Mickey. The ride will have a higher poh throughout than GMR. Plus it will likely be more popular (I've been on GMR many times with empty seats). As much as I love GMR, that's a net gain, although not as much as if they had built it net new.
Take Star Wars. It is replacing Backlot tour and LMA. Two attractions that were also very underutilized. So again, probably a net gain there too. Part of proper park planning is building new, of course, but also seeing what isn't drawing crowds and helping with the overall capacity, and either fixing or replacing those things so they do draw.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom