News Peak season crowds have arrived

EricsBiscuit

Can you describe how you approached it yesterday? Just curious....
I got FPs for PotC, HM and SDMT.
Arrived at 6:00. Mobile order tuna sandwich from Columbia, ate (took a WHILE, multiple calls), HM FP, railroad, HoP, fireworks,pirates, ice cream, PM, rest for 30 minutes while rest of group gets ice cream, SDMT leave.

mikejs78

Premium Member
FP has still had a hand in wait time increases over the years, IMHO, but yes, crowded is crowded and the parks are much busier. Which means they need more to do and they're failing the MK by only adding a coaster.
It does, but not for rides that don't have it (i.e. Peoplemover). The length of that line (which has decent capacity) shows how crowded it really is.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How can they possibly justify building the new hotels when the parks are already so crowded? And the transportation system already struggles at times itself with overcrowding. I can only see it getting worse.

Because they haven't maxed out three of the four parks yet. From a purely logical point of view the 50th anniversary of MK should be ignored and all the money spent on the other 3 parks. But, for a company that peddles nostalgia, they're understandably adding huge attractors to the park that doesn't need it.

Bairstow

How can they possibly justify building the new hotels when the parks are already so crowded? And the transportation system already struggles at times itself with overcrowding. I can only see it getting worse.

Because people have to book rooms and buy tickets before they see how crowded the parks are. Guest satisfaction isn't important in the face of the Disney World nostalgia/tradition complex.

jaxonp

Ugh... the parks have been busy all year. MDE has constantly been over stating wait times and it’s been Progressively worse this year. The point being, this is spring break, and by my, boots on the ground experience, it’s not any busier than last years spring break season. In fact, it seems a bit slower than last year. Now you want to talk about a time this year that was busier than expected then look no foruther than the first week of January when FOP was 5 hours, Dinosaur and Everest’s over 3. Space mountain and SDMT 3+ all week. Now I can tell you, first hand,
that almost all wait times have actually been less than what’s posted, sometimes considerably less. Point: MDE is a reference point, not actual. I’ve yet to wait what MDE says, THIS YEAR. Something is going on behind the scenes.

RobbinsDad

Ugh... the parks have been busy all year. MDE has constantly been over stating wait times and it’s been Progressively worse this year. The point being, this is spring break, and by my, boots on the ground experience, it’s not any busier than last years spring break season. In fact, it seems a bit slower than last year. Now you want to talk about a time this year that was busier than expected then look no foruther than the first week of January when FOP was 5 hours, Dinosaur and Everest’s over 3. Space mountain and SDMT 3+ all week. Now I can tell you, first hand,
that almost all wait times have actually been less than what’s posted, sometimes considerably less. Point: MDE is a reference point, not actual. I’ve yet to wait what MDE says, THIS YEAR. Something is going on behind the scenes.
Lots of school systems around here didn't start back until Monday 1/8. That could account for the additional crowds post-New Year.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

For years, we rarely waited the amount of time posted at the entrance to TSM. And we know why, it's not some huge secret - it was hugely popular at the time and they wanted people to go to other rides/attractions/shows (We had non-bus-driver CM's admit it). Unless they aren't inflating them across-the-board, and are (again) deliberately doing it for a only specific rides, what purpose would TDO have for inflating wait times in the MDE app? Legit question, it doesn't make sense to me for them to do that.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
For years, we rarely waited the amount of time posted at the entrance to TSM. And we know why, it's not some huge secret - it was hugely popular at the time and they wanted people to go to other rides/attractions/shows (We had non-bus-driver CM's admit it). Unless they aren't inflating them across-the-board, and are (again) deliberately doing it for a only specific rides, what purpose would TDO have for inflating wait times in the MDE app? Legit question, it doesn't make sense to me for them to do that.

Easy, Inflate wait times in crowded areas of the part to hopefully steer the cattle to less crowded areas.

matt9112

This is why I'm not so upset about dropping down to Gold AP's.

unless you want the photo pass the silver seems to be a sweet spot platinum makes no sense unless you need to be there on Christmas. unlike universal the pass levels are mostly just for the privlige of walking in the gate at x time of year. been doing universal alot more lately and let me just say.... spontaneous feels good.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Keep in mind that a huge portion of Disney guests don't stay at on-site hotels, and they are filled to capacity. Building new hotels may be more about trying to get more of the off-site guests into the hotels than to draw more people into the parks.

draybook

Keep in mind that a huge portion of Disney guests don't stay at on-site hotels, and they are filled to capacity. Building new hotels may be more about trying to get more of the off-site guests into the hotels than to draw more people into the parks.

I'd suggest more affordable rooms if that's the case. Many people stay off-site due to pricing. At least that's my theory on it.

Bartledvd

You would think it was a half price event just looks horrible to be there. I would just turn around if i was at magic kingdom but when i got its 14 days at least so i have few extra chance to find a quieter day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom