News Peak season crowds have arrived

Jedi Stitch

Went it January '16 after the Run Disney crowds left. got a bit crowded over presidents weekend. Crowds were way more manageable, but the loss is portions of some parks and some rides are down for refurbishment. Warm by Washington standards. Sorin was down, Kali was down and Asia trek was closed, Got to see lights,motor,action before it closed. most importantly, got to see Walts Plane before it vanished and see the remnants of catastrophic canyon. Typhoon Lagoon down for the season, Blizzard Beach was open if the weather and temps cooperated.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

All net gains? They didn’t take anything offline to build those, huh?

We’ve been through this before...it’s about CAPACITY. That is a measurement of processing ability.

Tron is a net gain...ratatouille is a net gain...avatar was a net gain. The others are not.

You know better.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He was being sarcastic because of how people were acting crazy earlier in the thread.

I am sarcastic when anyone complains of crowds around Easter or Christmas...or Halloween...or food and wine...or marathon weekend.

The people to blame for that are in the mirror.

BUT...big term...there is a pattern.

cdeev8690

Yeah, I will never complain about crowds after surviving Spring Break. We didn't even attempt any rides we didn't have fast passes for for the most part. Even trying to get to the parks for rope drop with a bit of a nightmare between traffic and road work.

I arrived Sunday the 1st and left Saturday the 7th. I will say that Friday the 6th was not as insane as the rest of the week so I did get on some stand by lines in MK and Epcot. It's just not a good use of my time or my sanity to be standing in a queue for an hour plus.

jakeman

All net gains? They didn’t take anything offline to build those, huh?

We’ve been through this before...it’s about CAPACITY. That is a measurement of processing ability.

Tron is a net gain...ratatouille is a net gain...avatar was a net gain. The others are not.

You know better.
Eh, that's a false narrative because it involves picking an arbitrary time point to judge against and in most cases different time points for most attractions. If mental gymnastics and fuzzy math are required to make a point, then it's probably not a very good point.

For example, I use October 1, 1971. So it's all pretty much everything is a net gain from that point on.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I literally just posted that the parks are not crowded at all this week.

They should be light...that’s the pattern. Late April through early June should be. But I hear may is kinda nuts now...and summer isn’t as bad.

Shifting patterns.

I was there last week and I had no problems. But I’m not waiting in 180 minute standbys for old rides...so I’m not the average bear.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, I will never complain about crowds after surviving Spring Break. We didn't even attempt any rides we didn't have fast passes for for the most part. Even trying to get to the parks for rope drop with a bit of a nightmare between traffic and road work.

I arrived Sunday the 1st and left Saturday the 7th. I will say that Friday the 6th was not as insane as the rest of the week so I did get on some stand by lines in MK and Epcot. It's just not a good use of my time or my sanity to be standing in a queue for an hour plus.

This completely...and the bold sentence is the viable, WDW management directed agenda.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Eh, that's a false narrative because it involves picking an arbitrary time point to judge against and in most cases different time points for most attractions. If mental gymnastics and fuzzy math are required to make a point, then it's probably not a very good point.

For example, I use October 1, 1971. So it's all pretty much everything is a net gain from that point on.

It’s a false narrative until you take reported attendance and divide it out by attractions...which is easily done.

“called strike 2 on the outside corner”

jakeman

It’s a false narrative until you take reported attendance and divide it out by attractions...which is easily done.

“called strike 2 on the outside corner”
That's an odd metric.

I would think if your concern is capacity, you would want to look at total theoretical throughput and not just a simple ratio of attractions per guest.

Reminds me a lot of the argument that New Fantasyland isn't an expansion because 20k Leagues sat there unused for 20 years. I guess the same argument is being used for Star Wars and Toy Story because it's being built on the Backlot which was shortened then closed for years before being put of its misery.

At the end of the day, it's just a bunch of useless gesticulating to downplay additions to the parks.

If you have a problem with the additions being less superior than their previous incarnate then that's another argument based mostly on opinion, but to dismiss them on the grounds of some sort of mathematical "facts" is inane.

This isn't really a back and forth I want to get into though, as there is not much use in debating the validity of attractions that are happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom