Park Pet Peeves

Mikester71

Probably line jumpers and people who decide to come stand right in front of you at the last minute just before the parade or fireworks start and don't care that you may have been camped out there for a while to get that good spot. In other words, rude people!:fork:

Oh yeah, forgot this one too. People who force their children or loved ones to go on a ride they may not feel comfortable riding. I actually got upset with my wife on our first trip to WDW a couple of years ago because when we got to the front of the line for Space Mountain, my son (who would have been around 9 at the time) looked up and heard the people screaming on the ride and just freaked out. My wife was telling him that he made it this far, just give it a try. There was no way he was riding it. So I told everyone to go on it without us and me and him just stepped out of the line and exited. I would not want someone to force me to ride or do something I wasn't comfortable with, so why should our kids.

sandicinderelli

I pretty much agree with a lot of you. I don't want my post to slow up the board, so please click on the usernames to see the posts I'm responding too.

figmentmom, Ditto! :)

daliseurat and cmatt, I'd like to add this: guests who have a "holier than thou" attitude with CMs and are extremely rude when they don't read/pay attention to instructions. I've had to hold back too many times to count.

natolij02, although I agree with you, we have to keep in mind that personal space distance in other cultures are different. My pet peeve is when you ask for your space and people ignore your request! :mad:

MichWolv, wow - how rude! Sorry you had to endure that.

Fun2BFree and alilance, I agree. They can be disrespectful and overly sensitive. One cheerleader told me "You don't have to be rude" after I gave her some information. I don't think they know the difference between rude and aggressively friendly.

DisneyWorldDork, I actually enjoyed seeing a guest's baby in the park. It relaxed me while I talked to her.

ClemsonTigger, uh, yeah...for the most part. The majority of CMs do their best to create magic. Rude and arrogant guests bring out the bad.

goofy's revenge, it's not just you. I get frustrated with that too.

PigletIsMyCat

When you wait in line for a long time and some fat guy in a motorized cart gets to skip to the front of the line because he is too fat to wait....

What an uncompassionate and disgusting statement. You have no idea why he would be in that ECV and you have no idea why he is fat.

I already pointed out my pet peeves, and I have to admit the only one that actually bugs me alot while at the parks is the use of flash during dark rides. It ruins the ride for everyone else. Do I let the things that bug me at Disney ruin my day? No way! I get ticked about it, let it go, and get back to having fun.

InfernalPenguin

Original Poster
The fact is, if everybody has to wait in line, then when the ECV gets to the front, everyone behind it will have to clamber around because they won't load an ECV onto an already full bus. So now the disabled person has to wait longer. The reality is despite it being your pet peeve, Disney actually knows what they're doing and have developed an efficient and cost-effective process. I think they've been in business long enough to know the best overall approach. The fact that you get delayed a few minutes here and there probably doesn't cause anyone but you to lose sleep at night. If you want, I'm sure any person forced to use an ECV or wheelchair would gladly trade places with you and "suffer" your pain...

The world doesn't revolve around you, get over yourself.

AGH! Dear lord after two posts of ranting someone GETS it!

There will always be some problem with the whole "wait with everyone else" scenario... and in fact any scenario that's presented. It just gets too inefficient, or too complicated, like all those examples I gave earlier.

The only times I've ever had problems with disney transportation have been when you'd expect: park closing and/or large tour groups going to the same resort. And that's not a problem... it's more of a "Well, I guess we're not just hopping onboard this one just yet"

Wheelchair or not, you're gonna have to wait.

If there's ECVs getting loaded you immediately go "Oh come on! Why do they get on first?!"

If there wasn't a wheelchair, but there was a huge crowd you'd go "Oh come on! They should be running more buses to pick up the slack!"

It's always something.

I'm sorry I'm making such a big deal about this, but every time I hear that sort of argument all I picture are those rough, awkward moments when someone decides to throw a fit while we get loaded on board.

happymom52003

The fact is, if everybody has to wait in line, then when the ECV gets to the front, everyone behind it will have to clamber around because they won't load an ECV onto an already full bus. So now the disabled person has to wait longer. The reality is despite it being your pet peeve, Disney actually knows what they're doing and have developed an efficient and cost-effective process. I think they've been in business long enough to know the best overall approach. The fact that you get delayed a few minutes here and there probably doesn't cause anyone but you to lose sleep at night. If you want, I'm sure any person forced to use an ECV or wheelchair would gladly trade places with you and "suffer" your pain...

Very well said.
And for those of you who roll your eyes, say rude things, etc. to the people in the ecvs and wheelchairs....keep in mind that this system is what Disney has in place. There are many people in wheelchairs and ECVs who actually feel very uncomfortable about the fact they are holding up the line (my grandmother was one of them when we took her and she had to use an ECV), but they do not have much of a choice in the matter. So it really accomplishes nothing to be rude to the people and their families. It just makes you look like a jerk, and it makes people like my grandmother feel even worse. She was actually brought to tears once during our trip because of a similar situation.
So if you feel that strongly about it, complain directly to Disney....not the person in the ECV, and not the bus driver....it is not his/her fault either if they are following the policy of the company they work for.

brusoe

STROLLERS!!! I hate them I swear people who use them think they can just run into anybody with them or just turn right in front of you and they think are the SUV of the park. *

People need to realize just because you have stroller its not my responsibility to look where you are going and that you should be extra careful seeing how you have a young child in there, and if you run into me and your stroller knocks over im not going to apologize and I might even call you an idiot.....lol sorry this is a sore subject for me.

Also another pet peeve is parents who have kids way to fricking big and old to be in strollers god such spoiledness. When I was little my parents never put me in a stroller at wdw that was half the idea get your kids walking around and wear them out!!!!

Anywho other then that I hate it also when people just walk around like they are the only one in the park lol completely oblivious to there suroundings. I guess why this is so touchy is Im 6'5 350 I know people can see me lol!!!!:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

*Of course not EVERYBODY with strollers is like this

Dwarful

Sorry, Monty Mon,
I think I wasn't clear in my earlier post. My point was this. We went on a short trip in Dec. Stayed at a value resort and saw an extraordinary amount of evc/wheelchairs. I have a family member who uses a wheelchair because of MS. What I noticed was large groups (10-12 people +) with one wheelchair. Three of these groups and their wheelchairs/evs pretty much took up the bus. If more people are using the EVC's / Wheelchairs, then WDW needs to start running more buses to help with this problem. I don't think anyone should wait an additional 30-45 minutes watching as 3 buses go by filled with evc/wheelchair guests who just arrived. For those people who glare or make rude remarks to anyone (wheelchairs/evcs/ kids too big for a stroller) etc. those are probably the same people who think they are the only one on vacation. I have no problem with making special accommodations for any guests. I don't let the behaviors of others impact my vacation, especially things that are out of my control. I was just pointing out what I noticed: between our trip in August and our trip in Dec. we noticed far more EVC's/ wheelchairs being used throughout WDW property, which caused additional delays. Again we stayed at a value in Dec. and we wondered if this increased use was related to values or if they were running fewer buses to the values. IF they were running fewer buses that related to the longer waits to accommodate the increased numbers of evc's/ wheelchairs.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Sorry, Monty Mon,
I think I wasn't clear in my earlier post. My point was this. We went on a short trip in Dec. Stayed at a value resort and saw an extraordinary amount of evc/wheelchairs. I have a family member who uses a wheelchair because of MS. What I noticed was large groups (10-12 people +) with one wheelchair. Three of these groups and their wheelchairs/evs pretty much took up the bus. If more people are using the EVC's / Wheelchairs, then WDW needs to start running more buses to help with this problem. I don't think anyone should wait an additional 30-45 minutes watching as 3 buses go by filled with evc/wheelchair guests who just arrived. For those people who glare or make rude remarks to anyone (wheelchairs/evcs/ kids too big for a stroller) etc. those are probably the same people who think they are the only one on vacation. I have no problem with making special accommodations for any guests. I don't let the behaviors of others impact my vacation, especially things that are out of my control. I was just pointing out what I noticed: between our trip in August and our trip in Dec. we noticed far more EVC's/ wheelchairs being used throughout WDW property, which caused additional delays. Again we stayed at a value in Dec. and we wondered if this increased use was related to values or if they were running fewer buses to the values. IF they were running fewer buses that related to the longer waits to accommodate the increased numbers of evc's/ wheelchairs.
I think the new dispatch system [which was on most buses in February when we were there, but still didn't appear to be on all] will go a long way to correcting most the of the issues you raise. Drivers will be better able to inform dispatch of backlogged stops and dispatch will be able to get more buses where they're needed faster. I agree that the timings of groups arriving with ECV/wheelchairs can create problems with loading and sometimes it seems unfair that one person with an ECV can have their whole group board with them, the reality is if they separate them, it could be a lot of buses before the group is re-united. Disney has a policy that says they respect keeping groups together wherever possible. In the end, though that may sometime frustrate others, it really is the fairest approach.

jmorri26

Easily the WORST of all my Disney pet peeves is the crazy stroller moms or people who abuse the wheelchairs. I understand if you have small children, that's totally understandable. I'm talking about the moms and dads with clearly 10 year old kids squeezing into an infant's stroller cause they're too lazy to walk. You kid can walk, they should be. If they're tired, go to the hotel or rest a while.

Then, make matters worse, the wheelchair abusers. Last time I was waiting for Spectromagic, a little girl was pushing her mom (who looked fine to all the rest of us) in a wheelchair. She rammed into everyone while the mom yelled "Move please" like it was an emergency til she got to the front. Then she got up from the wheelchair and her kid swapped places with her. She proceeded to fight with everyone who got mad that she pretended to be wheelchair bound so she could weasel to the front of the parade.

Oh, and this is sillier, but teenagers with the wedding Mickey and Minnie ears on. That used to be a nice way to identify a couple on their honeymoon. I doubt that 16 year old proposed to his girlfriend just yet. It cheapens that for those truly on a honeymoon.
Were all here to have a good time but o matter what, some will be there to ruin it.

MouseMadness

Easily the WORST of all my Disney pet peeves is the crazy stroller moms or people who abuse the wheelchairs. I understand if you have small children, that's totally understandable. I'm talking about the moms and dads with clearly 10 year old kids squeezing into an infant's stroller cause they're too lazy to walk. You kid can walk, they should be. If they're tired, go to the hotel or rest a while.

Then, make matters worse, the wheelchair abusers. Last time I was waiting for Spectromagic, a little girl was pushing her mom (who looked fine to all the rest of us) in a wheelchair. She rammed into everyone while the mom yelled "Move please" like it was an emergency til she got to the front. Then she got up from the wheelchair and her kid swapped places with her. She proceeded to fight with everyone who got mad that she pretended to be wheelchair bound so she could weasel to the front of the parade.

Oh, and this is sillier, but teenagers with the wedding Mickey and Minnie ears on. That used to be a nice way to identify a couple on their honeymoon. I doubt that 16 year old proposed to his girlfriend just yet. It cheapens that for those truly on a honeymoon.
Were all here to have a good time but o matter what, some will be there to ruin it.

Well, as has been said, we don't know who is "in need" of a wheelchair or not just by looking. A body that looks fit and functional isn't necesarily so. :shrug: However a child should NOT be left in charge of pushing it, no matter what. THAT I agree with.

And the ears :lol: That makes me chuckle because I was just saying how I thought the orthopaedic resident who saw my daughter today for a broken arm couldn't have been a day over twelve years old :lol: :lookaroun

cococola44

omg...

i hate people like that

InfernalPenguin

Original Poster

Oh...well...gee...

I'm going on a trip with my girlfriend for either February or May. We've been together for 2 years already, by then it'll be 3. It'll be the first time we go on a trip together, and probably the last trip we'll take before moving to the states and starting the long road to success. We're really excited about it.

So... I shouldn't be all cute and wear the bride-groom ears because it'll "cheapen" it for couples on their honeymoon?

I agree with everyone elses "pet peaves." I do not enjoy:
1. People smoking in non-smoking areas and then throwing their smoking cigarette on the ground instead of putting it in the proper receptical.
2. People walking and smoking with a cigarette cupped in their hand down at their side like no-one is going to notice, or walking with it out to their side and I fear they are going to BURN me with it.
3. Parents who scream ugly--sometime profanity at children who are so tired they can hardly stand on their feet anymore and are crying.... hello! They are tired and need a rest break. Not all children can handle 15 hour days at WDW.
4. Parents who bring babies and impressionable children up through middle school age to PI where adults are walking around with alcoholic beverages, or adults are trying to enjoy a club and the adult humor---it is very hard with junior sitting next you asking their parents what the actor meant by what they said. Some things are meant for "adults."
5. And people who enter a quiet resturant where everyone is enjoying the calm peace of them moment and the newcomer has to be an abnoxious loud mouth.
6. Parents who have no control over their children and think the rest of the world should have to put up with it.
7. People who shove, cut the line, or who bully others with electric carts. We witnessed a woman who ran into the heel of a small girl awaiting a parade and cut the little girls heel and she saw what she did...without apologizing she quickly drove away... Not cool at all! That is a very bad citizen.
8. But despite all these comments... I still love WDW!

alilance

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Totally agree with the "ear" thing!!!! :ROFLOL:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

You do not know how correct you are. Several months ago we apparently had a rookie bus driver. When she arrived at the stop she opened up the front door and started letting guests board before boarding the EVC that was waiting there. Let me tell you that easily doubled the amount of time it took to load the guest with the EVC.

Disney loads guest in EVC's and wheelchairs first for one simple reason....It is the only way that works 100% of the time.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I agree about the ears, if you bought 'em - you wear 'em.

This sort of logic would lead to only true life princesses being allowed to wear a Disney tiara.

Or only plundering, marauding thieves wearing pirate hats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom