Park Hopper Passes going away!!!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Catch 22 said:
In the mina the new structure is probably going to save me money, which HAS to be good. :)

Looked around last night most places in the UK are still old style passes. But with the current exchange rate its better to buy on line from the US.
The park Orlando ticket works out at £20 cheaper on line than the best UK price.

Savings on Disney tickets are harder to calculate given the various options and how many park days your average two week holidaying brit is prepared to spend at Disney.

For me it looks like a package may be worth it this year/

spoodles

Just another thought, maybe for those "every other year" WDW families...

You could save a good chunk (about 30% I think) by springing for the 10-day with no exp and using it over 2 trips, compared to 2 sets of 5-day (be it PHP/PHP, PHP/MYW, or MYW/MYW).

Of course this locks you into another Disney trip (wouldn't that be terrible), but hey, the tickets never expire.

CyKosis

I just came across this site as I will be going to WDW in April. I was thinking of getting the Ultimate Park Hopper pass for either a 4 or 5 day pass, undecided yet. On the website, the advance purchase price w/o tax is: $218 for a 4 day and $259 for a 5 day.

Im interested in visiting one water park and P.I. only above the 4 parks. I also like the feature of jumping parks at anytime of the day. Expiration doesnt matter as Im only there from Apr. 2 to the 9/05.

Can someone explain this new magic your way ticket compared to what I have selected above? Im finding it confusing and want to know if I should purchase the ultimate hopper pass before Jan 1/05. I am also staying at the coronado.

Thanks in advance!

wainy

New ticket rip off

Leys face it, the Walt Disney Co have to coin in some serious extra dollars to help pay for Mr Eisners MEGA million pension plan next year. Can you believe that from now on we are going to have to pay a premium of up to $55 to have the privilege of using our unused passes in the future.
Figure that out, you think they would be happy with the interest they are making because people pay up front for a ticket that they may not use for years to come.
How long is it before we end up having to pay an extra fee for use of the WDW transport? I'm sure it has come up on the agenda, will it be next year?!

speck76

wainy said:
Can you believe that from now on we are going to have to pay a premium of up to $55 to have the privilege of using our unused passes in the future.
Figure that out, you think they would be happy with the interest they are making because people pay up front for a ticket that they may not use for years to come.

But why would you have any unused portion of your pass? Before, your options were 1, 4, and 5 days....now you have an option of 1-10 days. The fact that the 1-day cost is $60, and the 7-day cost is about $30 per day, they need to incent people NOT to buy the 7-day pass if they are not staying 10 days on 1 trip.

WDW would not make a lot of money if everyone bought a 7-day pass and used it at their leisure.....that is not the reason for the discount.

GymLeaderPhil

TikiBears said:
Actually, to monorail it over to EPCOT Center from the TTC back in the day, you had to purchase a transportation ticket for a few bucks.
Which I would gladly pay for an additional route. Let's look at the long term results of the new tickets and the flexibility they offer. I still cannot believe we have one day park hoppers. I'd have to be at a convention to score one of those!

ghollett1

Magic Plus Pack Option?

Does this option work the same wat as the Hopper Plus Pass, you can go to the water park and not use up a day at the parks? For example: 10 days can be spent at the Theme Parks and additional 5 days can be spent at the water parks for a total of 15 days of fun. Does the new tickets offer the same?

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Not quite... they expire 14 days after first use. But yes to everything else.

Now one day tickets I believe actually will expire same day to avoid them being sold on 192...

wannabeBelle

Hey all, I was thinking about this and came up with a few questions:
1) Is this also a move designed to eliminate people purchasing tickets from outside sources such as ticket brokers? I mean how would a ticket broker be able to anticipate all the possible combinations that one could ask for?? to hop or not hop hop? extras or no? Never expire or no? plus all the day choices?? Sounds like this may be the end of being able to buy tickets from any one but Disney
2) Once these tickets come into effect, will they be able to incorporate it with your room key as they do now on some packages or will your tickets always be separate?
Any info will be appreciated!! Belle

speck76

wannabeBelle said:
Hey all, I was thinking about this and came up with a few questions:
1) Is this also a move designed to eliminate people purchasing tickets from outside sources such as ticket brokers? I mean how would a ticket broker be able to anticipate all the possible combinations that one could ask for?? to hop or not hop hop? extras or no? Never expire or no? plus all the day choices?? Sounds like this may be the end of being able to buy tickets from any one but Disney

I am not sure why anyone would need to buy from a broker. A broker is not going to sell tickets unless they are going to make money on the deal, but on the other hand, why would Disney want to sell "discounted" tickets to someone, have them sell the tickets at the retail price, and not make as much money. It is not like concert tickets, which can be difficult to get.......and with the ability to buy them at the parks, online, in the resorts, or at The Disney Store (if this is still and option) I am not sure a broker would be needed....

wannabeBelle

speck76 said:
I am not sure why anyone would need to buy from a broker. A broker is not going to sell tickets unless they are going to make money on the deal, but on the other hand, why would Disney want to sell "discounted" tickets to someone, have them sell the tickets at the retail price, and not make as much money. It is not like concert tickets, which can be difficult to get.......and with the ability to buy them at the parks, online, in the resorts, or at The Disney Store (if this is still and option) I am not sure a broker would be needed....
I know that brokers do exist. As for how or why, it really isnt an issue for me. I am an AP holder so thus far nothing has changed for me. I was just curious as to what the new approaches are. Belle

Dopey Dave

Anyway you slice it, this is better for me. We usually go for a week every year. In the past, if we booked an onsite hotel, we were stuck with the length of stay passes. I booked for Valentines Week and only had to pay the $55. per day at the Pop Century. Now I can get what ever passes I want. If I want to spend a day doing absolutely nothing, I won't feel guilty that I am wasting a days ticket.

Dopey Dave

When you booked through Disney your only option for onsight was to book a "package" that included length of stay passes.

I do have a question about the new tickets. If you go whole hog and get the ten day with hopper and the 5 extras and no expiration. How do the extras work? Are these seperate tickets that you use if and when you decide to go to a water park or downtown disney or what?

spoodles

I could be wrong, but I don't think you get a separate ticket. I think the one ticket stores all your "days", main parks and extras.

I wish I could afford the 10-days/all options MYW. That would cover 2 whole vacations for me, and save me a bundle in the long run.

wannabeBelle

Dopey Dave said:
When you booked through Disney your only option for onsight was to book a "package" that included length of stay passes.

I do have a question about the new tickets. If you go whole hog and get the ten day with hopper and the 5 extras and no expiration. How do the extras work? Are these seperate tickets that you use if and when you decide to go to a water park or downtown disney or what?
That is absolutely not true. Whoever you spoke with at Central Reservations wasnt completely honest with you. You CAN book a length of stay pass which is imbedded into your room key OR you could get a park hopper seperately (A separate piece of cardboard) for the amount of days you needed. Your room key would then only open your room but wouldnt have your tickets for the park in the same piece of plastic. I book room only reservations all the time( Mostly because I am an AP holder) but I have booked Room only ressies for friends and family who bought a separate Hopper pass so the unused days ( If there were any at the end of the trip) would not expire. Belle

wannabeBelle

spoodles said:
I could be wrong, but I don't think you get a separate ticket. I think the one ticket stores all your "days", main parks and extras.

I wish I could afford the 10-days/all options MYW. That would cover 2 whole vacations for me, and save me a bundle in the long run.
1) I dont think I am explaining myself very well. lets try it this way:
If you book a package and get the length of stay passes, when you check in they give you a room key which opens your room ( Obviously!) and has all of your tickets for the theme parks on it as well. One piece of plastic and it does everything.
2)When you book a room only ressie you get a room key which only opens your room. If you have a hopper pass, an Annual Pass, or whatever else, you have a second piece of cardboard that is your ticket for the theme parks.
Now my questions is with the new MYW program, can they still imbed the ticket for the theme parks on your room key if you buy all the components as a package?
Also at 10 days, Id start looking at the Annual Pass as an option. It may pay fr itself, as we usually get discounts on Disney's hotel rooms!!! Belle

spoodles

The way you really make out with the 10-day all options MYW (over AP's) is if you don't go often. I would use about half the days and plusses on a trip this year, and the rest on a trip at least 2 or 3 years down the road. This saves a ton versus buying 2 sets of tickets, and hedges against inflation.

Also, I wasn't asking a question but rather trying to answer Dopey's. As I read it, he was asking if the MYW plusses (water parks, etc.) came on a separate ticket from the main parks. Again, I think they're all on 1 ticket. :)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
spoodles said:
The way you really make out with the 10-day all options MYW (over AP's) is if you don't go often. I would use about half the days and plusses on a trip this year, and the rest on a trip at least 2 or 3 years down the road. This saves a ton versus buying 2 sets of tickets, and hedges against inflation

This is well and good unless it is like the 10 day ticket currently available in the UK. this expires 21 days after 1st use, which kind of knackers your cunning plan. Unfortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom