Park Hopper Passes going away!!!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Boo's Mom said:
we normally take 7 people when we go to disney (all adults) and we normally get the 4 day park hoppers. How much more is it going to cost us? this sucks because it doesn't look like I'll be getting to disney anytime soon and with this price increase thing I'll probably never make it to disney.. :cry:

Actually, it will cost you less if you do not need to buy the "no expiration" option and even less if you dont buy the "park hopper" option. The base ticket price for the four day is $185. Add $35 if you want to park hop. Its even cheaper if you buy in advance (i.e. Disney Store). A 4 day park hopper now is $219 at the gate.

spoodles

...the No Expiration option added on would STILL be cheaper than the old tickets...
The 7-Day Hopper Plus is $316, and the MYW Premium 7-Day with no expiration is $334. I'm sure I'm just missing something, but I was thinking you only made out better without the no expiration option.

spoodles said:
The 7-Day Hopper Plus is $316, and the MYW Premium 7-Day with no expiration is $334. I'm sure I'm just missing something, but I was thinking you only made out better without the no expiration option.
Go to www.mousesavers.com. She can explain it much better than I can. but it looks like it will be about the same price if you buy it in advance.

netenyahoo

This explains where the guy making the sculpture out of tickets got all the thousands of tickets. They are getting rid of all the tickets before the new change.

CTXRover

spoodles said:

This is a good question and why trying to compare the new vs old is the thing that is confusing. Unfortunately the WDW Ticket Reservation site is down so I can't confirm this, but I'm going to use the info from AllEars.net until the official site is up and I can double check.

The 7 Day Hopper PLUS now costs $340.00 at the gate. The new MYW Premium 7 Day pass with all the options will cost $334.00 at the gate, which is cheaper. The $316.00 price for the current 7 Day Hopper PLUS is the advance purchase price. However, remember that the new 5, 6, and 7 multi-day MYW passes will ALSO have a discounted advance purchase price that will make them even less than the new posted prices for MYW passes. I don't know what the advanced purchase prices for MYW tickets will be.

But remember, where now if you want a 7 Day Park Hopper it MUST buy a pass that costs $340.00, the new 7 Day MYW pass can be as cheap as $199.00 without any options. If you know you are going to use all 7 days on that trip, add on just park hopping and water parks and the pass is just $279.00, a savings of $61.00 per ticket!

CTXRover

Boo's Mom said:
we normally take 7 people when we go to disney (all adults) and we normally get the 4 day park hoppers. How much more is it going to cost us? this sucks because it doesn't look like I'll be getting to disney anytime soon and with this price increase thing I'll probably never make it to disney.. :cry:

Oh, don't worry, given that there will no longer be a discounted advance purchase rates for FOUR day passes anymore (5 through 7 day MYW passes will continue to offer an advance purchase discounted price), which had made the current 4 Day Park Hoppers $202.00, the current 4 Day MYW pass with the park hopper option will cost $220, an $18.00 increase per pass at most. (I'm assuming you all use all 4 days each trip and don't need or use the "no expiration" option). However, the new $220.00 rate is virtually identical to the current $219.00 price for a 4 Day Park hopper if you had bought them at the gate. You will be paying more because they are no longer offering an advance purchase price for 4 day passes anymore, which is unfortunate and something I just recently realized.

However, I know I really would use the Park Hopper option, but how often does your party of 7 hop between parks when you are there? If you don't take that option, the 4-Day MYW Park pass will cost you only $185.00.

Of course, there really is an incentive to go to the parks one more day with this new program. Buy a 5 Day MYW pass with park hopper option for only $8.00 more than a 4 day pass with park hopper option (expires 14 days after first use)

CTXRover

Bizarra said:
This new ticket system is actually perfect for me! I love it. I would be able to get 7 days (When I go for a week, I'm at the parks all 7 days. LOL) I don't get there very often so I want to spend all the time I can at the parks.

I also don't care about the no expiration thing, because I use everything anyway.

I hate waterparks and don't really care about DisneyQuest, so.. the Plus options would always go to waste with me. All I need is the 7 day tix and the Hopper option. Love the cheaper prices!!

Not to put you on the spotlight either, but this is another perfect example where this new pass program really shines. Before, to buy a 7 Day park hopper you had to buy a 7 day Park Hopper PLUS which included the water parks and the fact they would never expire. Now, you can make a ticket that pertains to your needs, and it will cost you only $234.00, that's a savings of over $106.00 from your current options!

Jekyll Baker

CTXRover said:
Of course, there really is an incentive to go to the parks one more day with this new program. Buy a 5 Day MYW pass with park hopper option for only $8.00 more than a 4 day pass with park hopper option (expires 14 days after first use)
Yeah, I've already noticed this. So if there is an advanced purchase discount for 5-7 days, then it should be cheaper to buy the 5-day w/ Park hopper option than the 4-day with park hopper, and even if you never use the 5th day, you're not really out anything.

spoodles

The 7 Day Hopper PLUS now costs $340.00 at the gate. The new MYW Premium 7 Day pass with all the options will cost $334.00 at the gate, which is cheaper. The $316.00 price for the current 7 Day Hopper PLUS is the advance purchase price. However, remember that the new 5, 6, and 7 multi-day MYW passes will ALSO have a discounted advance purchase price that will make them even less than the new posted prices for MYW passes. I don't know what the advanced purchase prices for MYW tickets will be.
Thanks CTXRover, makes sense.

Anyone know if the advance purchase prices listed on mousesavers.com are speculation at this point? (They have the advance sale MYW 7-Day with all options at $323, certainly close to the $316, but not cheaper.)

AEfx

General Grizz said:
Yep, I agree that more people would (and would want to!!) spend more time at Disney. However, there is a great chunk of (poorer) people who just can't afford it - or the new packages, as great as they are. Oh well.
Of course, that's always going to be the case, Grizz. But I feel this change will not widen that gap, but narrow it considerably.

I'm helping a family of four plan a vacation in the spring on a very tight budget. This will shave $400 of their vacation. $400 is a lot when the original budget was around $2000. They don't need no-expire, and have no desire to go to the waterparks or DTD, but in order to get 7-days in the parks they would have had to buy a PHP. This is a "once in a lifetime" trip for them, and they just want to do the parks as much as possible. In fact, this is allowing them to visit the parks on arrival and departure day as well - it's only an extra couple of dollars once you get up to the 7/8 day passes.

WDW certainly isn't cheap, but with the amount of value resorts and their excellent discount prices ($49/night is a bargain for a room anywhere) and these new ticket prices, it's much more affordable than it used to be.

AEfx

mattb

AEfx said:
Of course, that's always going to be the case, Grizz. But I feel this change will not widen that gap, but narrow it considerably.

I'm helping a family of four plan a vacation in the spring on a very tight budget. This will shave $400 of their vacation. $400 is a lot when the original budget was around $2000. They don't need no-expire, and have no desire to go to the waterparks or DTD, but in order to get 7-days in the parks they would have had to buy a PHP. This is a "once in a lifetime" trip for them, and they just want to do the parks as much as possible. In fact, this is allowing them to visit the parks on arrival and departure day as well - it's only an extra couple of dollars once you get up to the 7/8 day passes.

WDW certainly isn't cheap, but with the amount of value resorts and their excellent discount prices ($49/night is a bargain for a room anywhere) and these new ticket prices, it's much more affordable than it used to be.

AEfx
I'm glad you mentioned this. I'm glad that more people are able to go for a more affordable price. I always feel spoiled with my florida resident seasonal pass. I dunno, I guess it's good to put things in context once in a while. Everyone should get to go at some point. I hope those people have a fantastic time there.

DDuckFan130

mattb said:
I'm glad you mentioned this. I'm glad that more people are able to go for a more affordable price. I always feel spoiled with my florida resident seasonal pass. I dunno, I guess it's good to put things in context once in a while. Everyone should get to go at some point. I hope those people have a fantastic time there.
I agree, and I hadn't thought about how spoiled we were until we were at MK last weekend. This elderly couple was riding with us on the WDW Railroad, and the husband all of a sudden asked me if this was my first time. I said yes to the railroad, no to WDW. I said my family were veterans of WDW and we try to make it up at least once or twice a year. He then told me he was from Indiana so I was assuming WDW was a rare and special treat for him and his wife. He also figured we were from Florida because we had jackets for the 70 something degree weather and they were dressed like it was summer :lol:. Anyway, I wished him a great trip and I really hope a lot more people will get to enjoy the parks now with this new system.

bigorangeandy

I am wondering if I buy the 10 day park ticket (about $223 for 10 days according to a link to mousesavers) with no hoping, can I use some of my "days" to go to a different park? If I go to MK on day and use a "day" then could I use another "day" for Epcot that evening? We normally go for 5-6 days and the cost is about $17 more for the 10 day vs. the 5 day. It seems to me that I could save ~ $17 dollars per ticket by doing this. Even if we go for a week, we don't hop ever day, so it seems like it would work for me. Has anyone else thought of this?

OKSTATE99

bigorangeandy said:
I am wondering if I buy the 10 day park ticket (about $223 for 10 days according to a link to mousesavers) with no hoping, can I use some of my "days" to go to a different park? If I go to MK on day and use a "day" then could I use another "day" for Epcot that evening? We normally go for 5-6 days and the cost is about $17 more for the 10 day vs. the 5 day. It seems to me that I could save ~ $17 dollars per ticket by doing this. Even if we go for a week, we don't hop ever day, so it seems like it would work for me. Has anyone else thought of this?

Several Travel Agents have asked Disney and have been told that once your ticket is used for a day it cant be reused even to forfeit another day. They had to do this not to cheapen the Park Hopper option.

LordHelmut

Interesting....

So, if you are purchasing from a Morale, Welfare and Recreation office you will be albe to get tickets, how ? These are sold throughout the world, and are pre-printed.

Go Navy ! Beat Army, (oh wait, been there done that !)

GymLeaderPhil

$53.75, $43.20 - Florida Resident One Day, One Park

$59.75, $48 - Florida Resident One Day, All Parks

$119.50, $96 - Florida Resident Three Day Play Pass
(Can be applied towards an Annual or Seasonal Pass)

I'm missing the point here I guess... With Florida Residents, will the Three Day Play Pass have park hopping options? The way Disney named it and with some similarities (excluding black out dates), it sounds like a Play Four Days Pass.

CAPTAIN HOOK

:veryconfu In the UK, travel agents sell 7 or 14 day package holidays to Orlando. There is/was the option to purchase a 4. 7 or 10 day Hopper Ticket or if you choose to stay on Disney Property a Length Of Stay pass (ie 14 days)
With these new tickets is the option either a 7 day ticket or an AP ? OR am I missing the point and there are options to buy 14 day tickets :confused:

ogryn

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
:veryconfu In the UK, travel agents sell 7 or 14 day package holidays to Orlando. There is/was the option to purchase a 4. 7 or 10 day Hopper Ticket or if you choose to stay on Disney Property a Length Of Stay pass (ie 14 days)
With these new tickets is the option either a 7 day ticket or an AP ? OR am I missing the point and there are options to buy 14 day tickets :confused:

The UK has different options. I think it was posted earlier, but I'll repost just for you ;)

Disney's Ultimate Tickets - Exclusively for UK Guests!
Two tickets that provide unlimited admission to all the magic of Disney for 14 or 21 days! Disney's Ultimate Tickets provide unlimited admission to all four theme parks, Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, two themed water parks, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park and other attractions including DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island and Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex. Disney's Ultimate Tickets are valid for 14 or 21 days from first use based on duration of ticket purchased.

Disney's Premium Tickets

Disney's 7-Day Premium Ticket
This ticket provides seven (7) days of unlimited admission to Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
PLUS five (5) admissions in total to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island and Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex. Expires 14 days from first use.

Disney's 5-Day Premium Ticket
This ticket provides five (5) days of unlimited admission to Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
PLUS three (3) admissions in total to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island and Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex. Expires 14 days from first use.

CAPTAIN HOOK

ogryn said:
The UK has different options. I think it was posted earlier, but I'll repost just for you ;)
Thanks, I obviously missed it - I think I read the first 6 pages and posted the question :hammer: - Is there a price anywhere ? - is the 21 day cheaper than the Premium Annual Passes ?

ogryn

There doesn't seem to be prices posted yet. The UK online ordering site is being updated. It does say you can buy them from 2nd Jan 05, so maybe the prices will be online then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom