Park Hopper Passes going away!!!

wdwfan30

a disney vacation is far from relaxing and being able to park hop you don't have to spend the entire day at 1 park you can say i'll go to a water park from 10am to 12:30 then go back to your room shower and have lunch then go to a park for a few hours leave eat dinner and go to disney quest or pleasure island for the night. since its all in disney and you don't have to drive why wouldn't you take advantage of it.

nibblesandbits

wdwfan30 said:
a disney vacation is far from relaxing and being able to park hop you don't have to spend the entire day at 1 park you can say i'll go to a water park from 10am to 12:30 then go back to your room shower and have lunch then go to a park for a few hours leave eat dinner and go to disney quest or pleasure island for the night. since its all in disney and you don't have to drive why wouldn't you take advantage of it.

Any vacation you take is supposed to be somewhat relaxing, no matter where it is. That's why you take a vacation. To get away from the ordinary grind of life. :brick:

What I meant is that while it is great that you have all these options of things to do, and I full well plan to try to do as many as I can, most people are not going to push themselves to the limits one day and then the next day go out and push themselves to the limits again. By doing that, you end up doing more work on your vacation then you do actually enjoying it. To do what you just described would be fun, no doubt, but to me, it just doesn't seem like there are enough hours in the day to acomplish all of that. I'd feel like I was rushing to do the next thing on my list and not enjoying myself enough. That's why to me, doing all of that running around in theory seems to work well, but in reality, it just doesn't.

longfamily

Actually, it isn't pushing yourself at all. You don't have to rush every minute of the day to be able to fit in a water park, regular park, and Disney Quest in one day. And I agree that it is easier to accomplish this when taking a longer trip. Most people feel that they need to complete an entire park in one day. How is that relaxing? By splitting up your time between parks/activities it actually feels like a relaxing vacation because you aren't tied to an itinerary. For an example, we always go off season which means that the parks typically close fairly early which frees up our evenings. So, every other morning we spend a couple of hours at the water parks before the crowds come. That way, we don't feel rushed. Go back to the hotel, shower, then head to a park. We generally stick to MK, MGM, and AK during mid-day because we always eat at Epcot in the evenings. Therefore, we get to experience various pieces of epcot every day. Epcot is pretty relaxing so we spent most of the "hectic hours" at one of the other parks. After we finish eating, it is usually around closing time so we head to Downtown Disney. There we can play at Disney Quest for a while. Not long, an hour or so. This would be a typical day unless we had a variation due to other activities which would likely end at Pleasure island. We don't rush to fit any of it in and we feel relaxed...the point of vacation.

raven

spoodles said:
It's not accurate to call this a ticket price increase. The ticketing structure has changed, so you're comparing apples with oranges. Whether you'll pay more or less depends on what features you'll need. At least now you have a choice.

The base price for a ticket BEFORE all of the add on features has went up $5. THAT is my argument. If the non-experation feature was included in the price before, why are they increasing the base ticket price AND making you pay an extra $10 for that feature now? That like $15 more then. See what I am getting at?

spoodles

raven said:
The base price for a ticket BEFORE all of the add on features has went up $5. THAT is my argument. If the non-experation feature was included in the price before, why are they increasing the base ticket price AND making you pay an extra $10 for that feature now? That like $15 more then. See what I am getting at?
But what ticket are you talking about? There are scenarios where you pay more, but you can also save:

"We're buying 7-day MYW with Park Hopping for $223. The old 7-day PH+ tics would have cost us $316 each."

Not to say that the change wasn't a business decision. It seems a well thought out maneuver by Disney to get you to stay longer, and ultimately spend more. And maybe to spend some $$$ at Disney that would have been spent elsewhere (Universal, Sea World, etc.). For example, it costs you virtually nothing (unless you buy no-expire) to jump from a 5 to a 7-day MYW.

wdwfan30

longfamily said:
Actually, it isn't pushing yourself at all. You don't have to rush every minute of the day to be able to fit in a water park, regular park, and Disney Quest in one day. And I agree that it is easier to accomplish this when taking a longer trip. Most people feel that they need to complete an entire park in one day. How is that relaxing? By splitting up your time between parks/activities it actually feels like a relaxing vacation because you aren't tied to an itinerary. For an example, we always go off season which means that the parks typically close fairly early which frees up our evenings. So, every other morning we spend a couple of hours at the water parks before the crowds come. That way, we don't feel rushed. Go back to the hotel, shower, then head to a park. We generally stick to MK, MGM, and AK during mid-day because we always eat at Epcot in the evenings. Therefore, we get to experience various pieces of epcot every day. Epcot is pretty relaxing so we spent most of the "hectic hours" at one of the other parks. After we finish eating, it is usually around closing time so we head to Downtown Disney. There we can play at Disney Quest for a while. Not long, an hour or so. This would be a typical day unless we had a variation due to other activities which would likely end at Pleasure island. We don't rush to fit any of it in and we feel relaxed...the point of vacation.
thank you longfamily

raven

spoodles said:
...It seems a well thought out maneuver by Disney to get you to stay longer, and ultimately spend more.

Exactly my point. It's always about wanting more money.

Lauriebar

raven said:
Exactly my point. It's always about wanting more money.

That is the way of the world, isn't it? I personally will not fault Disney for this change in pricing. It really makes sense(at least to me) that people who stay longer should be rewarded by paying less. If these people spend more on other things while they are there all the better for the business of WDW. It's not like people are being "tricked" into staying longer and not really realizing that by staying longer they will be spending more money than if they had made a shorter trip. People know what they are getting and should make a decision on their vacation based on what they can spend and how much time they have.

raven

Lauriebar said:
That is the way of the world, isn't it? I personally will not fault Disney for this change in pricing. It really makes sense(at least to me) that people who stay longer should be rewarded by paying less. If these people spend more on other things while they are there all the better for the business of WDW. It's not like people are being "tricked" into staying longer and not really realizing that by staying longer they will be spending more money than if they had made a shorter trip. People know what they are getting and should make a decision on their vacation based on what they can spend and how much time they have.

Yep, stay longer pay less. Stay less pay more. In actuality both will equal out paying the same amount. It's a scheme that most people don't see.

Kinda like going to the club (bar). Cover charge is $5 until 11PM then it's $7. Then after midnight it's $10. That's because they know you won't be spending as much on drinks if you come later. Gotta love the schemes. :brick:

weluvtink

You don't actually get to stay more and pay less. They always make me pay for my room and food. :D I know your saving on the pass itself but you're paying more for everything else.

Lauriebar

weluvtink said:
You don't actually get to stay more and pay less. They always make me pay for my room and food. :D I know your saving on the pass itself but you're paying more for everything else.

You statement is correct if someone hadn't already planned or wanted to stay for seven days or longer. However, for those who usually stay for longer periods of time the new pricing system is a money saver. They would have been staying for 7 days or more anyway and would have been spending the money on lodging and amenities with or without the price break. So, in this way, people truely can pay less for their vacations.

aklodge

Lauriebar said:
You statement is correct if someone hadn't already planned or wanted to stay for seven days or longer. However, for those who usually stay for longer periods of time the new pricing system is a money saver. They would have been staying for 7 days or more anyway and would have been spending the money on lodging and amenities with or without the price break. So, in this way, people truely can pay less for their vacations.
i completely agree with you, Lauriebar!!!

RogueHabit

Not usre if anyone has noted this yet, but for us here in the UK things have worked out great.

The most expensive pass is £199.00, which is 21 days Ultimate Hopper. 21 days of unlimited access to all parks, water parks and PI/DQ I believe.

This compares to last year were the 10 Day pass cost £199.00, so that's 11 extra days for the same price. :D

There are also 5, 7 and 14 day options, though the value for money decreases as the days go down, but that's to be expected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom