News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Tom Morrow

This announcement made me more angry than any of the others. I've only been to DLR once and it was shortly after the opening of Cars Land, but I loved the revamped DCA and felt it was a very cohesively themed park. It's baffling that after spending what, 1.5 billion dollars to "fix" the park they would then turn around and do something so lazy and insulting. It's like something someone would cynically come up with as a parody of theme parks.

Figments Friend

This announcement made me more angry than any of the others. I've only been to DLR once and it was shortly after the opening of Cars Land, but I loved the revamped DCA and felt it was a very cohesively themed park. It's baffling that after spending what, 1.5 billion dollars to "fix" the park they would then turn around and do something so lazy and insulting. It's like something someone would cynically come up with as a parody of theme parks.

This is part of the reason why I thought Lasseter was joking.
I still can't fathom that this is indeed real, and it IS actually a project that is happening.

Kind of at a loss....

Who authorized and green lit this nonsense...?

-

brb1006

Please tell me they re not replacing Mickeys face with the Pixar lamp?
How about Buzz Lightyear?
buzz_lightyear__43391.jpg

Californian Elitist

Californian Elitist

Honestly did not know you lot cared about Paradise Pier this much

Also just watched the presentation and it was kinda...painful? corny? idk

Painful and corny, indeed. Overall, disappointing.

It's not about caring for Paradise Pier. It's about Disney oversaturating the parks, in this case DCA, with brands. So much so that the park is weakening. After all that money and time that went into the park from 2007-2012... It's all disappointing and a huge letdown, at least for me.

As Matt Gotula mentioned on Twitter, there's an enormous chasm between what the legendary Imagineers were creating back then and what corporate Disney is copying and pasting now. Nothing but brands and intellectual properties.

Kiwiduck

Honestly did not know you lot cared about Paradise Pier this much

Also just watched the presentation and it was kinda...painful? corny? idk
I don't know why these things need to be presented by an executive at all. It would be better to hire a charismatic, entertaining and articulate presenter to do the talking. It might be too hard to find such a person in California though.

Suspirian

Painful and corny, indeed. Overall, disappointing.

It's not about caring for Paradise Pier. It's about Disney oversaturating the parks, in this case DCA, with brands. So much so that the park is weakening. After all that money and time that went into the park from 2007-2012... It's all disappointing and a huge letdown, at least for me.

As Matt Gotula mentioned on Twitter, there's an enormous chasm between what the legendary Imagineers were creating back then and what corporate Disney is copying and pasting now. Nothing but brands and intellectual properties.

I get that. I've kinda gotten used to the disappointment after GOTG:MB so nothing really bothers me anymore. I guess its a bit upsetting considering there really is a lot more that could be done with a California theme and could even still involve IPs but they refuse to go past Pixar and Marvel

lazyboy97o

Pixar Pier is the perfect reflection of Disney’s ongoing philosophical shift away from themed entertainment and towards the branded amusement of Six Flags. Paradise Pier was poorly executed and then poorly reimagined, but there was some level of effort to deal with a long standing demand from Eisner. This is a complete ambandonement of storytelling for character faces on rides. There is no unifying thread beyond a production subsidiary and it doesn’t even have the related aesthetic of Pixar Place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom