News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

mlayton144

I actually do think a early 1900s “Frontier” would be a sick evolution of the Frontierland concept, when people eventually grow tired of the Wild West-esque theming.

You change one Southern-themed IP to another Southern-themed IP for a westernland and everyone loses their minds…
Agreed - The frontier covers a lot more ground than tumbleweed blowing dust in the desert.

Mr. Sullivan

The frontier closed in 1890.
As someone explained very well above, what we aesthetically and thematically consider the frontier and what is on paper the close of the frontier aren’t really the same. But even still, there’s more to the frontier than just what is depicted within frontierland.

Why not depict other parts of the frontier? Why not tell different kinds of stories than your standard cowboys, natives, and adventurers? Why not depict a few more different landscapes? Why not venture into some other cultural aspects of the frontier?

My point is that Frontierland is modeled upon a very specific time period’s fascination with very specific aspects of frontier life and storytelling and that was great for that time. But I would love to see a zoom out from those specific things so we could actually get a lot more of that time and more diversity in the stories and offerings of the land.

To be clear, I’m not saying put in Cars. I don’t really like that idea (even if I like the core concept of a Frontierland overhaul). But give the land some love and some growth. It’s by some metric the least developed and (in my opinion anyway) least interesting land in the park. And that’s especially noticeable when NOS and AL have grown up so much around it and are packed with so many different aspects of their core concept.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Agreed - The frontier covers a lot more ground than tumbleweed blowing dust in the desert.
1726857585859.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom