News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

disneyC97

It will end up looking like this official artwork just released.
npifi498978951.jpg

This will replace the current Sideshow Shirts gift shop from 2001.
paradisetn_midwayshops2013ww.jpg
These are the refreshed exteriors from about 2010 or so. The interiors are fully 2001.

Kiwiduck

It seems strange to have announced the retheme of an entire area of the park with only one piece of concept art and leaving people with no clear picture as to whether it will be a cheapo overlay or a quality retheme with reworked attractions. Does the retheming extend around to include those jolly jumper things or is it strictly the area pictured, will I get my luna park head? Who knows -I want more info!!!

TP2000

This may have the Pixar section in it - it is not working for me at the moment to check.

Thank you! That was very helpful, if only to cement the fact that Bobby Chapek didn't really say much of anything.

I think I got more info out of the last Miceage Update than I did from this official presentation. I wonder what is keeping them so quiet on all these plans? And why what they admitted to was kept vague and mysterious? So weird!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It seems strange to have announced the retheme of an entire area of the park with only one piece of concept art and leaving people with no clear picture as to whether it will be a cheapo overlay or a quality retheme with reworked attractions. Does the retheming extend around to include those jolly jumper things or is it strictly the area pictured, will I get my luna park head? Who knows -I want more info!!!

These are just teasers for now. I expect more news in the coming weeks, plus leaks....

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thank you! That was very helpful, if only to cement the fact that Bobby Chapek didn't really say much of anything.

I think I got more info out of the last Miceage Update than I did from this official presentation. I wonder what is keeping them so quiet on all these plans? And why what they admitted to was kept vague and mysterious? So weird!

It seems their MO now is to announce something at D23 with little info. Then let the Parks Blog release the details.

No Name

I imagine part of this comes from John Lassiter's fear that Pixar's name is losing relevance. So by having a Pixar Pier, he can remind people that "hey, Pixar is different than WDAS!" Even though they're really not.

The only saving grace in this terrible change is that the land is still themed to a classic pier, now just with lots more Pixar in it. It doesn't completely do away with the California theme, it just weakens it.

And as a result, weakens the park as a whole.

Isn't Cars a Pixar movie?

mickEblu

I guess it depends on if that sign on the right hand side of the concept art says "Pixar Fun Wheel", and whether the rumour of California Screamin' getting an overlay/change in music is true as well...

If it is just the section that you have mentioned, that is one thing, but if they are re-theming the 8 rides of Paradise Pier (not including TSMM, and I can't see them re-theming The Little Mermaid, unless it was to change to Nemo [which would probably be too similar to the subs]), then that would be another...

Yeah I don't mind the mid way games facades changing but retheming Mickeys Fun Wheel that has become the park icon is dumb. An incredibles overlay sounds cheap and would be slapped onto a ride that doesn't need theming. I also hate the sound of "Pixar Pier." The only way this would get a semi- pass from me If they remove Goofys Sky school and find some more space to give us a dark ride and keep the Fun Wheel and Screamin the same.

I'm betting Little Mermaid "moves" to Pacific Wharf. Ratatouille themed overlay moving into the Boardwalk pizza area. Up gets overlayed onto the silly symphony swings (maybe jumping jelly fish). Random IP (maybe inside out) gets inserted onto GSS even though what they should do is make an Inside Out dark ride there. Incredibles overlay on Screamin. And sounds like the Pier might get Pixar characters slapped all over it and remove the Mickey face. Tritons Carrousel becomes Finding Dory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom