News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

c-one

Disney-MGM Studios was a great park. Like much of WDW, a lack of investment led to DHS not living up to its earlier potential. Sunset Blvd, in particular, is widely considered one of the best things that WDI has done.

It's cool that you don't like it, but it also isn't a bunch of warehouses, which is the question that I was responding to.
I'd say the front half of the park, particularly in the late 90s/early 00s, lived up to the greatness of Hollywoodland. Beautiful design, streetmosphere characters, an appealing aesthetic. But even then, MGM was always the same problems as the newer version of Hollywood at DCA -- half a cool nostalgia-soaked idealized Hollywood, half a bunch of beige soundstages with no thematic connection -- just on the scale of an entire park.

Disney's had more opportunities than anything else to get the retro-Hollywood thing right and they always fall back into bare soundstages.

c-one

From what I understand (and what I see on Instagram) Paradise Pier is the single most popular land in DCA. Are they simply going to close it to transform it into Pixar Pier? And what happens to World of Color in the meantime? I can't imagine how frustrated visitors will be.
Seems like any changeover wouldn't require the mass closure of a chunk of park. Then again, details remain light. I think it's a bad idea if they do too much. Fill in some of the gaps on the scale with that DisneySea thing, sure, but overall I think the Pier looks nice now, especially at night, and Screamin is probably the best coaster at a Disney park.

Ismael Flores

I just hope that whatever they do that they fix the lighting on the Pier. It annoys me to see large sections of Screamin lights burnt out. Also when the park opened that coaster had some amazing lighting. Then they added midway mania and they removed some of the large lights that lit up the coaster. Now you see sections of the coaster lit up and others are not.

While they are at it, enclose the two lift hills completely. Make the covers look like real wood and don't leave any section of it opened. Maybe if they enclosed it all they can add a projection system or some cool lighting Inside the tubes

alias8703

@marni1971 ! @marni1971 @marni1971 !

Feed us oh great and powerful Marni

758c2595d.gif

mickEblu

Honestly, the more I think about it, Pixar Pier seems like the result of someone losing a bet to Lasseter after a late round at the Carthay Circle.

CHAPEK: Ok John If you can shoot this olive and make it in that Martini glass, you can have the Simba lot to make that Incredibles Island land you ve been wanting to do. If you miss, its going to be Pixar Pier

LASETTER: looks over at Iger who is holding the martini glass. Proceeds to eat olive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom