News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
This is exactly how I've been feeling about Disneyland for the last 10 years or so. It's like they've completely forgotten that not everyone who goes there is a kid under 8 or visits with one. The inclusion of Marvel and Pixar at DCA is awkward at best, but I'm grateful that it isn't all geared strictly for children like so much of the newer stuff is at the park across the way. Pixar Pier looks dumb, but I'm pretty excited about the expansion of Marvel at DCA.

Oh for sure. I think Marvel and Star Wars Land are geared for all ages and i'm glad many people enjoy them.

Personally, I would like to see more originality and less re-skins.

nevol

Oh for sure. I think Marvel and Star Wars Land are geared for all ages and i'm glad many people enjoy them.

Personally, I would like to see more originality and less re-skins.
I'm more optimistic about Avengers and Spider-Man because they won't be reskins. Eventually, DCA needs an age/demographic non-specific E-ticket or 3. Worst-case scenario, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. A decent settlement for a Mystic Manor -type, either in Grizzly Peak or hollywoodland (if it still exists, as this might restore the haunted golden age of hollywood genre), and pipe dream 100%, but a boat ride actually about California or based on california mythology. There's 272 pages of us beating a dead horse about how IP shoehorns are abandoning the DCA theme, but one good thing is that the park is slowly losing all of its off-the-shelf kiddie rides and they're being replaced with actual attractions.

I think some transportation attractions would go a long way toward making the park more interesting too. We have the red car trolley, so disney agrees. But disneyland has main street vehicles, and the train, and the mark twain and columbia. And the canoes And it used to have the people mover. And the monorail glides through it. And autopia. the list goes on. DCA has one transportation attraction. The parade route could use some cute vintage trucks themed to carry livestock or fresh produce and cars for smaller parties to get people from BVS to Paradise park. The park's primary walkways should all be treated like roads, the entire park a metaphoric road trip. Have some visual barriers, like a hardscape change from asphalt to cement/boardwalk in areas that divide streets made for cars from pedestrian streets, on the pier and in smaller parks, wharf areas, etc.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

Once PP reopens and two superior Marvel E-tickets, it will be the least impressive of the thrill rides on the DCA roster.
Since he blocked me, nevol wouldn’t see this.

Interesting that he included the rehabbed Paradise/Pixar Pier as possibly being more popular than Mission Breakout. Completely ironic. None of you like the PP makeover for the same reasons as TOT. WHATEVER.

And least impressive later? Completely conceded the point. That’s why MB is popular.

Last edited:

TROR

Since he blocked me, nevol wouldn’t see this.

Interesting that he included the rehabbed Paradise/Pixar Pier as possibly being more popular than Mission Breakout. Completely ironic. None of you like the PP makeover for the same reasons as TOT. WHATEVER.

And least impressive later? Completely conceded the point. That’s why MB is popular.
People liked TOT mostly because of its theme. People liked CS because of its thrills. Removing the theme from TOT caused people to dislike MB. Removing the theme from CS won't make a difference because that was never its appeal.

DanielBB8

People liked TOT mostly because of its theme. People liked CS because of itsth thrills. Removing the theme from TOT caused people to dislike MB. Removing the theme from CS won't make a difference because that was never its appeal.
CS was part of Paradise Pier theme. I thought adding IP takes away the whatever minimal theme CS might have. You can’t now claim people never cared about CS’ theme.

Disneylover152

You can’t now claim people never cared about CS’ theme.

People never cared about California Screamin's theme. We all thought it was a crappy theme. None of us are upset California Screamin close. We are just mad and frustrated that Disney keeps throwing in IPs into the theme parks when they are not necessary and obviously just a cheap overlay cash grab.

DanielBB8

People never cared about California Screamin's theme. We all thought it was a crappy theme. None of us are upset California Screamin close. We are just mad and frustrated that Disney keeps throwing in IPs into the theme parks when they are notnecessary and obviously just a cheap overlay cash grab.
Again, the irony is CS is the second most popular ride in Paradise Pier and it’s most obvious backdrop. So the crappy theme of CS is essentially at least 70% of Paradise Pier. The “cheap cash grabs” are essential to seaside carnivals. That’s how they operate. Another irony, but Disney is quite restrained to not include carnival barkers (Mr Potato Head notwithstanding). The complaints seem so small under scrutiny.

TROR

That was uncalled for
Huh? You know I'm not actually calling anyone an idiot, right? I'm mocking the idea that the destruction of Paradise Pier's theme is thematically consistent with what real piers do. It's such an outlandish concept on such another plain of existence that it can only be offered by somebody who truly views their way of thinking as the absolute superior even when it's not, hence the "you idiots" part.

BrianLo

My main issue is that DCA is turning towards a demographic that i'm just not a part of. I don't care for Marvel and while I like some Pixar I don't think a studio deserves a land. Sprinkle on some cheap re-skins and lazy effects as well. Frozen and SatW were huge downgrades in my opinion, as was M:B. I don't have high hopes for Pixar Pier or Marvel Land.

Cars is decidedly not for my demographic and easily my least favourite Pixar film. But the land is great.

I’d not say it’s the what, it’s the how and why that’s the bigger issue here.

More Pixar in DCA? Sure a Coco attraction would have been great.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Huh? You know I'm not actually calling anyone an idiot, right? I'm mocking the idea that the destruction of Paradise Pier's theme is thematically consistent with what real piers do. It's such an outlandish concept on such another plain of existence that it can only be offered by somebody who truly views their way of thinking as the absolute superior even when it's not, hence the "you idiots" part.

You don't make that clear in your post, hence the reason why it can be construed you calling others posters here idiots. Especially when you have been arguing those same points with other posters. If you have to resort to using such derogatory terms then you've already lost whatever argument you were trying to win. That is why I suggest you stay away from such derogatory terms, before it gets you into trouble.

Shigg. W. McGee

your a meanie. UNSUBSCRIBED

Shigg. W. McGee

I thought it was pretty clear that it was a sarcastic comment, even if it was necessary. Honestly, the banter in the Disneyland board is the precious, precious nourishment that keeps me alive

Anyway, back to speculating on what image will go inside the Screamin' loop...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom