News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

smile

I see your fightin words without anybody on the other end. I figured out who it was when you mentioned said poster's ignorance and had to say for the millionth time that you were done with that discussion. is there a certain R2-D2 wannabe in the building? I can't tell because I already BLOCKED HIM! And in the week since, I've had so much extra time and energy that I'm wrapping up some projects 3 years in the making!

lost ten pounds, got a raise at work, and my three kids, who i haven't even had yet, all graduated college!
... thanks block!
:p

DanielBB8

Huh? You know I'm not actually calling anyone an idiot, right? I'm mocking the idea that the destruction of Paradise Pier's theme is thematically consistent with what real piers do. It's such an outlandish concept on such another plain of existence that it can only be offered by somebody who truly views their way of thinking as the absolute superior even when it's not, hence the "you idiots" part.
This rebuttal is completely contrary to what was discussed especially with “People never cared about California Screamin's theme. We all thought it was a crappy theme. None of us are upset California Screamin close.”

You already admit CS’ alternation didn’t bother you except when it does. And that point is expressed in the latest outrage that Paradise Pier didn’t get respect as a nonentity. Ridiculous on its face.

I find most interesting the argument that Pixar Pier is an awful cash grab. Yes, Cash grabs are consistent with seaside carnivals. That this is controversial suggests Disney shouldn’t do what it’s expected to do. That is make money for it’s shareholders. This is in light that the conversion to Pixar Pier doesn’t actually destroy Paradise Pier. It’s still there with a shiny new coat.

You’re most certainly in a separate “plain of existence”.

TP2000

I am confident that the Incredicoaster will be less popular than California Screamin'. And I've never predicted that about a theme park ride change before.

California Screamin'/Incredicoaster has one of the highest hourly capacities in the Resort, at over 2,000 riders per hour compared to barely 1,600 per hour for Racers or 1,500 per hour for Mission: BREAKOUT!. Incredicoaster/Screamin' also has the highest rider height requirement at the Resort at 48 inches tall, which boots out a lot of kids from being able to participate. Because of that, Screamin' rarely had more than a 30 minute line (often 10 to 15 minutes on weekend afternoons) and always had Fastpasses available into the evening hours.

That said... I am confident when it opens on June 23rd the following will happen;
  • The line will be very long on opening day, extending down the boardwalk, with every neckbeard blogger west of the Rockies crawling out of their mother's basement or studio apartment to film themselves for hours at a time for their YouTube "fans".
  • Opening Day Fastpasses for Incredicoaster will be gone for the day by lunchtime, when before they never sold out of Fastpasses for Screamin'.
  • The line will be very long the rest of opening weekend even with a double AP blockout, with all the AP's wanting to try it. Fastpasses will be gone by early afternoon.
  • The lines this summer will be modestly busier than Screamin' had historically, as tourists and locals alike will want to ride the new Incredibles Ride. Lines will bump up again to very long, with no FP's available, in late August when the AP's come back. Fridays and Sundays this autumn will be insane as 1,000,000 Annual Passholders try to get on a ride that can barely host 25,000 riders per day. The math is not in the AP's favor, expect long lines through 2018.

What happens in 2020? 2023? 2027? Who knows. But the roller coaster itself will not have changed from the 17 year old California Screamin'. An Incredibles plotline will have been added, and special effects will be added to a ride that had no special effects to speak of.

Over the long run, I can't see why less people would ride Incredicoaster than had been riding California Screamin' for the past 17 years.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

When Mission Breakout is open with all 3 shafts running at full capacity on a moderate crowd day, it will have a 30 minute wait. Less people want to ride it than Tower of Terror, you can ask anyone, even an average guest who has only been to Disneyland a 3 times in 10 years would say that.

This isnt exactly true either, was there today from 10am till 6pm.
I was actually surprised to see half of the toy story parking lot empty so figured the parks would be uncrowded. Had no wait in security gate but once I was Inside DCA the food and wine area was packed but manageable.
Then I went to Hollywood backlot and the area around mission break out was very crowded. The red car trolley had to wait a bit to clear the street.
Lots of tourist happily taking pictures of themselves with the tower behind them. Looked like all shafts working, no fast passes available when I passes once at 1:30pm and wait time over 50 minutes.
TO say that less people want to ride it than TOT is innacurate. We even spoke with a family from Canada before we left at 6 and they said that they loved it and had ridden it three times today.

I’m sure that part of the reason for the amount of people in that area of park was because of Screamin being closed but it wasn’t clear guests were having a great time and enjoying it.

And as a side note, Disney is probably going to have a massive hit with future Marvel additions.
Seeing the ridiculous long lines for Spider-Man and crowds around Groot was mind blowing.

Even the short and uneventful Black Panther procession had hundreds of guests not only packed but also many of them rushing their way through to follow him to the backlot area

Last edited:

TROR

This is t exactly true either, was there today from 10am till 6pm.
I was actually surprised to see half of the toy story parking lot empty so figured the parks would be uncrowded. Had not wait in security gate but once I was Inside DCA the food and wine area was packed but manageable.
Then I went to Hollywood backlot and the area around mission break out was very crowded. The red car trolley had to wait a bit to clear the street.
Lots of tourist happily taking pictures of themselves with the tower behind them. Looked like all shafts working, no fast passes available when I passes once at 1:30pm and wait time over 50 minutes.
TO say that less people want to ride it than TOT is innacurate. We even spoke with a family from Canada before we left at 6 and they said that they loved it and had ridden it three times today.

I’m sure that part of the reason for the amount of people in that area of park was because of Screamin being closed but it wasn’t clear guests were having a great time and enjoying it.

And as a side note, Disney is probably going to have a massive hit with future Marvel additions.
Seeing the ridiculous long lines for Spider-Man and crowds around Groot was mind blowing.

Even the short and uneventful Black Panther procession had hundreds of guests not only packed but also many of them rushing their way through to follow him to the backlot area
so-this-is-how-liberty-dies-with-thunderous-applause-19350067.png

mickEblu

Have you noticed that “idiot” is Disney’s token insult word in animated films? It’s must be the one word that doesn’t offend any particular group of people.

Ismael Flores

My main issue is that DCA is turning towards a demographic that i'm just not a part of. I don't care for Marvel and while I like some Pixar I don't think a studio deserves a land. Sprinkle on some cheap re-skins and lazy effects as well. Frozen and SatW were huge downgrades in my opinion, as was M:B. I don't have high hopes for Pixar Pier or Marvel Land.

I’m really hoping that somehow they are able to pull off something with Pixar Pier. I’m also underwhelmed with the direction they went but do see some great possibilities.
I do understand why Disney is going in that direction with DCA though.
Today they literally had more people lined up to meet marvel characters than to ride Mermaid and goofy sky Skool together.
they had Frozone and Mr Incredible over on the parade route by jumping jellyfish and bayside brew. The area actually looked like a day on Christmas when they have the mini parades. People were everywhere just wanting to meet these guys.

Also looked like everyone had one of those Pixar character bubble makers and Pixar fest hasn’t started. I swear they can save moneybags on the bubble machines since every kid now walks around with the hand held ones. All I needed was a bucket of water and i could take a bubble bath as I walked through the park. :)

Last edited:

Hattieboxghost110

I’m really hoping that somehow they are able to pull off something with Pixar Pier. I’m also underwhelmed with the direction they went but do see some great possibilities.
Today they literally has more people lined up to meet marvel characters than to ride Mermaid and goofy sky Skool together.
they had Frozone and Mr Incredible over on the parade route by jumping jellyfish and bayside brew. The area actually looked like a day on Christmas when they have the mini parades. People were everywhere just wanting to meet these guys.

Also looked like everyone had one of those Pixar character bubble makers and Pixar fest hasn’t started. I swear they can save moneybags on the bubble machines since every kid now walks around with the hand held ones. All I needed was a bucket of water and i could take a bubble bad as I walked through the park. :)

What are your thoughts on DL Splah Mountain?

mickEblu

Today they literally has more people lined up to meet marvel characters than to ride Mermaid and goofy sky Skool together.

Also looked like everyone had one of those Pixar character bubble makers and Pixar fest hasn’t started. I swear they can save moneybags on the bubble machines since every kid now walks around with the hand held ones. All I needed was a bucket of water and i could take a bubble bad as I walked through the park. :)

And how wouke you compare it to WDWs?

Ismael Flores

Nice. I liked the Korean beef tacos from LA grill. The burger from the avocado stand- not so much.
The compressed Asian cucumber was actually pretty good too.

Wish they got a bit adventurous like sea world, met someone today that had gone to the sea world food and wine and she really enjoyed some of the exotic dishes.

Checked out their menu and they have a good selection of seafood as well as things like escargot and items with bugs which could be quite delicious.
Hopefully TDA continues to grow the festival, they still have plenty of room for more booths along the parade route and backlot area

mickEblu

The compressed Asian cucumber was actually pretty good too.

Wish they got a bit adventurous like sea world, met someone today that had gone to the sea world food and wine and she really enjoyed some of the exotic dishes.

Checked out their menu and they have a good selection of seafood as well as things like escargot and items with bugs which could be quite delicious.
Hopefully TDA continues to grow the festival, they still have plenty of room for more booths along the parade route and backlot area

You lost me at escargot and Bugs bruh. I don’t think I’m at your level. Are crickets an acquired taste? Cuz I have plenty of them at my house.

Ismael Flores

Too soon bruh...Too soon.

Went on it today just so I could admire all the amazing landscaping in the queue. I swear that Disney better save some of if not most of those plants. Wish I could be there and take as many home as I could.

Well it was fun seeing the faces on the adults as heimlich made the last turn and for back to the load platform. That look of confused adults trying to figure out what happened when they blink and they were back at the beginning

Attachments

• 1869F0F5-C78C-439B-94B4-0F1188DEB932.jpeg
    1869F0F5-C78C-439B-94B4-0F1188DEB932.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 103

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom