News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Ismael Flores

Oh like Tarantula! I’m in.

first time I tried them in Combodia, best healthy snack I have had. I will have to carry a bag of them in case I see you at the parks.

Attachments

• c21_10.JPG
    c21_10.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 64

Ismael Flores

Too soon bruh...Too soon.
True,
Speaking of heimlich, I did ride it for the 2nd and last time since it opened. Was speaking to a lady with two young children and supposedly it was her sons favorite ride. The boys were about 4-5 years old.
Of course I mentioned to her that it was going to be torn out for Marvel. She said that she hoped that Disney kept in mind the young guests.
When I mentioned that it looked like DCA did have plenty of rides for children she brought up a good point.
Most of the rides for children spin or have some kind of thrill that some children find too thrilling.
A little girl then chimes in and said she was really scared of the jumping things by the water.

I’m guessing she meant the jellyfish.

So while I was walking around I realized that they were right.
Carsland has maters that spin, Luigi’s that spin, Pixar Pier will have the inside out spinner, paradise park has silly symphony, zephyr, jumping jellyfish

Not much else left for young children except for mermaid, midway mania, monsters inc. Playhouse Disney or whatever is called closes early.
Almost forgot the carousel

With that in mind I walked over to grizzly peak and I really think they should consider reskinning heimlich and then find a way to add the track in the large patch of landscaping that hugs the hotel. Or add a nice mini train ride.

Keeps most of the landscaping add a track With maybe a small bridge over part of the walkway and create a new version of Casey themed to the wilderness.

They can even save lady bug boogie ( another spinning thing and put it in the playground area near grizzley. I went in there and the hanging bridges were packed but the area on the east side next to the small stage where the falling tree tunnels was empty. Plenty of space for the ride mechanism. Just theme it to other creatures.

Maybe even in the area near the spirit cave to where the falling rock slides are which was also empty. Actually took a picture because was surprised how packed the rest of the area was but this section which is big enough for a small spinner and queue was dead
59222D9B-8497-4BF9-8DE2-B61B2FCEDD54.jpeg

Disneylover152

True,
Speaking of heimlich, I did ride it for the 2nd and last time since it opened. Was speaking to a lady with two young children and supposedly it was her sons favorite ride. The boys were about 4-5 years old.
Of course I mentioned to her that it was going to be torn out for Marvel. She said that she hoped that Disney kept in mind the young guests.
When I mentioned that it looked like DCA did have plenty of rides for children she brought up a good point.
Most of the rides for children spin or have some kind of thrill that some children find too thrilling.
A little girl then chimes in and said she was really scared of the jumping things by the water.

I’m guessing she meant the jellyfish.

So while I was walking around I realized that they were right.
Carsland has maters that spin, Luigi’s that spin, Pixar Pier will have the inside out spinner, paradise park has silly symphony, zephyr, jumping jellyfish

Not much else left for young children except for mermaid, midway mania, monsters inc. Playhouse Disney or whatever is called closes early.
Almost forgot the carousel

With that in mind I walked over to grizzly peak and I really think they should consider reskinning heimlich and then find a way to add the track in the large patch of landscaping that hugs the hotel. Or add a nice mini train ride.

Keeps most of the landscaping add a track With maybe a small bridge over part of the walkway and create a new version of Casey themed to the wilderness.

They can even save lady bug boogie ( another spinning thing and put it in the playground area near grizzley. I went in there and the hanging bridges were packed but the area on the east side next to the small stage where the falling tree tunnels was empty. Plenty of space for the ride mechanism. Just theme it to other creatures.

Maybe even in the area near the spirit cave to where the falling rock slides are which was also empty. Actually took a picture because was surprised how packed the rest of the area was but this section which is big enough for a small spinner and queue was deadView attachment 276641

When I was a kid, I thought of everything as being scary. I wouldn't go on rides that spun because I had motion-sickness. I didn't go on rides that lifted above the ground because I was scared of heights. I didn't go on coasters or log flumes because I didn't like drops. I was even scared of the People Mover because it went inside Space Mountain.

I've always thought this about DCA. I have never been to Disneyland because I live in NJ, so we always went to Disney World, but I've been researching the park for my trip and I realized that if I took 6 year old, even 10 year old me, to this park now, there would only be about 10 things to do. And take out Bugs Land, it would bring it down to 5. That's not nearly enough to entertain a kid for the entire day.

I agree with you that they could repurpose Bugs Land elements into other places in the park. I think Heimlich should move to Pixar Pier and make it a longer dark ride. I think the Lady Bug Boogie could be rethemed to Ratatouille and have you ride in Rats trying to get the cheese. Contrary to popular believe, Bugs Land is necessary for families with little kids to come to DCA. Without Bugs Land their is not nearly enough to sustain children for even a half day!

Curious Constance

I think it's important to remember that Bugs Land wasn't ever very popular. Rather than filling the parks with things to fill an entire day for a child that doesn't like rides, I think it makes more sense to cater to the majority. If a kid hates rides, why bring them to a theme park?

Of course they need family rides. And lots of them. But having multiple rides that barely move is a big waste of space.

Disneylover152

I think it's important to remember that Bugs Land wasn't ever very popular. Rather than filling the parks with things to fill an entire day for a child that doesn't like rides, I think it makes more sense to cater to the majority. If a kid hates rides, why bring them to a theme park?

If you bring a kid to Disneyland across the Esplanade, that kid who could only ride 5 rides in DCA can ride 2/3 of the rides in Disneyland.

Disney California Adventure needs to have more family rides. You should be able to take your kid to a Disney Park, if they like rides or not, and have them be able to have fun. There is not enough to sustain a kid in the park. The proportion of kids to E-tickets in DCA is not right, as their should be an equal amount for Disney to call the park a Disney Park. Disney Parks aren't meant for teenagers who love dropping and getting soaked and flipping upside down on a coaster, they are meant for the 3 year old who doesn't like thrilling rides to have fun with the 17 year old who loves rides.

Curious Constance

If you bring a kid to Disneyland across the Esplanade, that kid who could only ride 5 rides in DCA can ride 2/3 of the rides in Disneyland.

Disney California Adventure needs to have more family rides. You should be able to take your kid to a Disney Park, if they like rides or not, and have them be able to have fun. There is not enough to sustain a kid in the park. The proportion of kids to E-tickets in DCA is not right, as their should be an equal amount for Disney to call the park a Disney Park. Disney Parks aren't meant for teenagers who love dropping and getting soaked and flipping upside down on a coaster, they are meant for the 3 year old who doesn't like thrilling rides to have fun with the 17 year old who loves rides.

I agree that DCA needs more family rides. But there is a Big difference between family rides and most everything in Bugs Land.

D

Deleted member 107043

Disney California Adventure needs to have more family rides. You should be able to take your kid to a Disney Park, if they like rides or not, and have them be able to have fun. There is not enough to sustain a kid in the park. The proportion of kids to E-tickets in DCA is not right, as their should be an equal amount for Disney to call the park a Disney Park.

According to whom? EPCOT certainly doesn't fit this criteria and was never meant to.

D.Silentu

It is a problem for DCA. You have your E-tickets and your carnival style rides and very little in between. The trap they're in is that the middle ground rides won't attract the masses so they haven't built those, excepting Little Mermaid. The rides in Bug's Land are simply a rushed alternative and will likely be forgotten as quickly as they were built.

nevol

Disneyland has all of 4 spinner rides. DCA has, dozens? DCA doesn't need off the shelf spinner rides or less intense versions of those to appeal to families. It needs more dark rides, and calm outdoor attractions and vehicle attractions. Too bad the park's layout makes absolutely no sense and it doesn't have any landscape focused transportation attractions like a riverboat or a train.

Disneylover152

According to whom? EPCOT certainly doesn't fit this criteria and was never meant to.

But with the majority of the rides can entertain kids. Kids don’t care about their favorite IP, they just want to do something. With all the dark rides, omnimovers and the many entertainment in the World Showcase, you could entertain a kid for the entire day.

Your not able to at DCA or DHS.

Disneylover152

If only all these 3 year olds had a park a 5 minute walk away with dozen of slow dark rides. Oh well...

Yes but the point of a Disney Park is to have rides where the 4 year old kid can have as much as the 32 year old adult. I’m DCA right now, the 32 year old could have fun, but not the 4 year old.

You shouldn’t have to keep yourselfs separated in order to have fun. You should be able to entertain both groups, experiencing the same or similar activities, in a theme park.

Disneylover152

The issue is not that their getting rid of Bugs Land, it’s that the park is lacking experiences for kids. And Marvel Land isn’t going to solve that. It will take away that. But also Marvel could also be a family coaster and family dark ride. And that would be better than Bugs Lamd! But that’s not what all this sounds like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom