Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
That I've seen, but I was unaware of people on this forum comparing the liking of parades to farting.

Does he actually mean "pixie duster"?

Brenthodge

Ever since its debut I have "seen" PTN at DCA more than Disneyland. I think the tone and subject matter (a lot of Pixar and newer princesses) fits the vibe at DCA. It would be cool of they could even tie the fountains into PTN as they approach the lagoon - like a totally immersive (hey they LOVE that word) experience that "surrounds Paradise Pier Lagoon with music and color!" It seems like it would be a bit redundant to have PLAY PARADE then PTN with a lot of the same IPs represented, but it seems like PLAY PARADE should be out of here soon and maybe they could envision a more "Disney characters in classic 20s-50s California day parade and keep the newer stuff at night.

oceanbreeze77

Ever since its debut I have "seen" PTN at DCA more than Disneyland. I think the tone and subject matter (a lot of Pixar and newer princesses) fits the vibe at DCA. It would be cool of they could even tie the fountains into PTN as they approach the lagoon - like a totally immersive (hey they LOVE that word) experience that "surrounds Paradise Pier Lagoon with music and color!" It seems like it would be a bit redundant to have PLAY PARADE then PTN with a lot of the same IPs represented, but it seems like PLAY PARADE should be out of here soon and maybe they could envision a more "Disney characters in classic 20s-50s California day parade and keep the newer stuff at night.
I would love this but We have a cable car that makes it difficult.

Also perfect because ariels grotto is over there too.

Brenthodge

Yeah, I forgot the lines run the whole length of the first 1/3 of the parade route. I wonder how many of the PTN units would actually be too tall though, since p parade runs ok. Seems like a bad design decision to not either have the lines higher, OR design parade units so they could run in either park.

TTA94

@marni1971 do you think WDW will likely purchase a couple floats from TDL and mix them in with new floats for the new parade? Would be unfortunate but yet not surprising. WDW is well used to reusing floats, especially if they find themselves in a time and budget crunch...

Don't get me wrong all the older Dreamlights floats were awesome, in particular the caterpiller from Alice... But still WDW deserves all brand new floats!

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 do you think WDW will likely purchase a couple floats from TDL and mix them in with new floats for the new parade? Would be unfortunate but yet not surprising. WDW is well used to reusing floats, especially if they find themselves in a time and budget crunch...

Don't get me wrong all the older Dreamlights floats were awesome, in particular the caterpiller from Alice... But still WDW deserves all brand new floats!
Nope. But I'm not in charge.

CDavid

But nostalgia is not a valid reason to keep performing a 44 year old parade.

While I otherwise mostly agree with you, it should be pointed out that Walt Disney World lives off nostalgia. It isn't all the new attractions, parades, and entertainment - which mostly don't actually exist, except in fanbois dreams - which keep people coming back. You don't want to lose that nostalgia, such as with SpectroMagic, the Osborne Lights, etc.; I don't know that a parade shouldn't last "forever" just as much as an attraction. However, a parade certainly should not endure forever (or 44 years) without serious and thorough upgrades.

Even I'm going to watch it one last time.

Since I don't know when it'll be back.

"When" it'll be back, huh. Not "if".

Speedy71

As somewhat of a connoisseur of Disney Parks Nighttime Spectaculars, I would have to say it would take the most egregious amounts of Pixie Dust imbibing to attempt to condone WDW's continued status quo for their lineup as acceptable, let alone reasonable. Nostalgia is fine and dandy when you want to trot out the latest YesterEars lineup celebrating the fact that they neglected their last new and unique nighttime parade offering to the point of it's eventual destruction via apathy; but, to let nostalgia be the excuse that allows stagnation to occur - that crosses the line of unacceptability.

I love Wishes, IllumiNations, and can tolerate the vastly inferior Fantasmic on offer in Orlando; but, to accept that the core of these shows has not only remained the same as they were at inception at best and in many instances declined is to be accepting of the general malaise that plagues the entire resort.

How often is anything "plussed" in Orlando when it comes to the Show? Instead of pushing for improvement, WDW fans find solace in the sameness and avert their eyes towards the stagnation and neglect that they frequently find. Is the return after many years of a central show element like the lasers from IllumiNations a reason to think that everything is great in a show that sill is running on reduced and altered pyro?

Do you ever stop to ask yourself why those wonderful projectors that are in use 15 minutes before and after Wishes each night aren't used during the show?

The reason's for all of this is that TDO simply doesn't feel like they need to pay to have any of this TLC done and if they aren't going to pay maintain what they've already got in place - why would they pay to upgrade and replace their existing line up? If the parks are still filling up for their nostalgic lineup of offerings and the resorts are full - who can blame them? Especially when you get feedback from a large part of your core audience that it's perfectly fine to stay stuck in the mud in nostalgia-land.

"To stand still is to fall behind" - Mark Twain

BTW - I'm glad the MSEP is heading back home. That way I won't need to see the frequent tow of a float after it goes 101 in Orlando.

You sir need to be in charge of TDO.
Billy-D_Approves.gif

TTA94

They're still claiming DL is getting MSEP back as a "limited time encore engagement." I'm super confused as to why Disneyland would want this parade back so that it can demolish it?

Good question and how long exactly is "limited engagement"? The only thing I can think of is they want it while PTN gets refurbed? However if that is true I don't know why they would screw over WDW giving them no light parade... Unless WDW does not want it or its problems anymore.

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

Good question and how long exactly is "limited engagement"? The only thing I can think of is they want it while PTN gets refurbed? However if that is true I don't know why they would screw over WDW giving them no light parade... Unless WDW does not want it or its problems anymore.
PTN is coming back this Holiday season. So that would be down from September 5th - around early-mid November. MSEP ends October 9th at MK so I don't think they're related. I believe they official word was that Disneyland did want the parade back, the why has never really been clarified.

TTA94

PTN is coming back this Holiday season. So that would be down from September 5th - around early-mid November. MSEP ends October 9th at MK so I don't think they're related. I believe they official word was that Disneyland did want the parade back, the why has never really been clarified.

If PTN is getting its refurb and issues fixed before the holiday time then, idk why they'd want MSEP. They confirmed MSEP is going back to MSUSA so that means not DCA. So that would either put PTN at DCA or sitting in storage... which neither of those options make sense. Well IMO PTN should have always been at DCA... But they do not need two light parades running at the same time.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Any possibility of a new night parade at Mk for the 50th? To be honest if Mk goes dormant at night for 5 years I think it is worth it for a state of the art new parade. A new firework show would be nice too.

chrisps

I have seen the Main Street electrical parade at Disneyworld the original Main Street electrical parade in early 80s and it again in 1990 the year it left the Disneyworld resort and than I saw it again in 99 and after the time I saw that year I thought that I would never see it again so we video taped the parade and than in 2013 I got to see the parade again but something was missing that I loved as a kid the original soundtrack I like the dream lights soundtrack for the parade it makes it fell like a new parade again I just hope that when the parade comes back to Disneyland next year that they put Disneyland presents the Main Street electrical parade and they bring back the opening line Disneyland proudly presents and have it say the Main Street electrical parade and have it end saying Disneyland's Main Street electrical parade. I am thinking that Disneyworld is getting a new nighttime parade like dream lights in Tokyo Disneyland or fantliison parade from Disneyland Paris but I think spectrmagic could been redone and sent to Disneyland Paris next year for there 27th anniversary or maybe Disneyworld will be getting the old Main Street electrical parade back again I am thinking that because the Pinchoo units came from the Main Street electrical parade from Disneyland Paris so maybe somewhere the original Disneyworld Main Street electrical parade is stil out there somewhere but I like the Main Street electrical parade but I hope that Disneyworld gets spectrmagic back again just redone and updated I got to see both of those parades but I did not start enjoying spectrmagic until I was older and got to see it one last time in 2008 that parade just seem to fit Disneyworld better than the Main Street electrical parade with the music and the folts and jimmy's voice at the start of the parade and at the end of the parade I relly liked the units from Fantasia the best in that parade and the end units in the parade and how the parade would get brighter when you clapped your hands that was very cool for the early 90s and the early 21st century but it is now 2016 not the early 80s and early 90s so I am going to end this post saying Disney should make a new nighttime parade the paint the night electrical parade is showing me that Disney company can still make good nighttime parades.

Crazydisneyfanluke

If PTN is getting its refurb and issues fixed before the holiday time then, idk why they'd want MSEP. They confirmed MSEP is going back to MSUSA so that means not DCA. So that would either put PTN at DCA or sitting in storage... which neither of those options make sense. Well IMO PTN should have always been at DCA... But they do not need two light parades running at the same time.
PTN in DCA could be good for the DLR. It would help disperse crowds into DCA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom