Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

JohnD

The camera quality is good, nice 4K, but the direction is awful... it's like they're making it up as they go along, very haphazard, cutting away at the wrong times, plenty of shots of empty space... it's a little bit amateur.

I wouldn't have minded the cutting away if they resumed in Frontierland so that we wouldn't miss any part of the parade. I didn't tune in to listen to the yakking or the guests, who were pulled away from the parade by the way.

SteamboatJoe

The video quality is good but everything else about that broadcast was pretty sub-par. The shot selection was baffling, the audio didn't capture any of the performers, and the interviews were not only downright painful but they completely cut out the middle of the parade. I also think it takes a lot of nerve to live stream a parade that is being canceled at said park and have absolutely no information on what bigger, better, thing is replacing it. It only fuels my dread that nothing is replacing it once the holiday parades are through.

brb1006

The video quality is good but everything else about that broadcast was pretty sub-par. The shot selection was baffling, the audio didn't capture any of the performers, and the interviews were not only downright painful but they completely cut out the middle of the parade. I also think it takes a lot of nerve to live stream a parade that is being canceled at said park and have absolutely no information on what bigger, better, thing is replacing it. It only fuels my dread that nothing is replacing it once the holiday parades are through.
And how is a new wallpaper of MSEP a special announcement?

MagicHappens1971

I also think it takes a lot of nerve to live stream a parade that is being canceled at said park and have absolutely no information on what bigger, better, thing is replacing it. It only fuels my dread that nothing is replacing it once the holiday parades are through.
I think we all lost hope when they announced it was leaving, with no definite answers about anything. 1) When it would start running at DLR? Sometime next year 2)Is this its last performance and then going to the parade graveyard? MSEP is coming to MSUSA in DL for a "limited encore run", wow I feel like it had a limited engagement at MK 6 years ago. 3) What is the future of PTN? It will return this holiday season, but its future plans are unknown. 4)What is the future of MK's nighttime entertainment? We continue to offer new nighttime entertainment that is constantly changing, while we have ran a 44 year old parade for the past 6 years.

brb1006

I think we all lost hope when they announced it was leaving, with no definite answers about anything. 1) When it would start running at DLR? Sometime next year 2)Is this its last performance and then going to the parade graveyard? MSEP is coming to MSUSA in DL for a "limited encore run", wow I feel like it had a limited engagement at MK 6 years ago. 3) What is the future of PTN? It will return this holiday season, but its future plans are unknown. 4)What is the future of MK's nighttime entertainment? We continue to offer new nighttime entertainment that is constantly changing, while we have ran a 44 year old parade for the past 6 years.
And we also destroyed Spectromagic while we kept MSEP at WDW for much longer than we originally intended for Summer 2010.

SteamboatJoe

The whole situation really reeks of mismanagement with the implementation of this change and/or the communication of it. I mean if there actually is a replacement lined up, why not announce it at the same time? Either there is nothing new coming and they are just too afraid to say so because they are worried that doing so will hurt the already declining park attendance or DL jumped the gun before WDW was ready to make their announcement....the right hand not knowing (or not caring about) what the left hand is doing. Each day that goes by that WDW doesn't announce a replacement makes the latter seem less and less likely. Instead, it seems more and more likely that Rivers of Light was supposed to be up and running by now to take the sting out of MK losing its parade. MK not having a parade would obviously help drive people to AK to see their show and, eventually, Avatarland which help them appear, on paper, as huge successes. Once those attractions were no longer considered new, they were going to have TSL and SWL ready to further distract and bridge the gap between now and the 50th anniversary. I really hope I am wrong but could you blame me for thinking that way?

jrhwdw

It's over 2 weeks now, and this whole thing(PTN leaving DL Sept. 5th, then coming back for the holidays. MSEP leaving MK, going home to DL With no replacement at this moment.)STILL doesn't make sense to me! It's a HUGE lack of Communication! We've had that problem since ROL was delayed!

brb1006

I hope Disneyland finally changes the Drum unit to read Main Street Electrical Parade again.
And bring back the original logo's colors.
dhjsak654123.jpg

MagicHappens1971

It seems apparent that this whole situation was rushed, but the one thing I can't figure out is why? If there aren't any concrete plans to bring a nightly parade to Magic Kingdom at this time, why rush the announcement and decision to remove the current option? Is the left hand really that unaware of what the right hand is doing?
Basically. The why still isn't clear, but supposedly Disneyland wanted the parade back.

MUTZIE77

It seems apparent that this whole situation was rushed, but the one thing I can't figure out is why? If there aren't any concrete plans to bring a nightly parade to Magic Kingdom at this time, why rush the announcement and decision to remove the current option? Is the left hand really that unaware of what the right hand is doing?
This seems to be exactly the case, PTN needs some time off so they want MSEP back in its stead. They aren't giving you updates because they were caught with their pants down. This would not be a problem had TDO paid for a new parade 6 years ago when they scrapped Spectromagic. It perfectly defines TDO managment.

PiratesoftheHM

So will MSEP essentially get a nice refurb/eventually/hopefully a Dreamlights treatment and become DL's "off-season" nighttime parade with PtN during the summer/holidays? I hope so.

And then MK runs FoF/nothing at night for 6-8 months with a new parade in the spirit of Spectromagic (in the way that PtN is in the spirit of MSEP w/ Baroque Hoedown and the Drum Unit). I hope so.

brb1006

So will MSEP essentially get a nice refurb/eventually/hopefully a Dreamlights treatment and become DL's "off-season" nighttime parade with PtN during the summer/holidays? I hope so.

And then MK runs FoF/nothing at night for 6-8 months with a new parade in the spirit of Spectromagic (in the way that PtN is in the spirit of MSEP w/ Baroque Hoedown and the Drum Unit). I hope so.
I think MSEP will be given a refurb but not to the level of Dreamlights. I just hope they finally bring back the Dumb section which had been missing yet they made music for that float years ago but remains unused.

Skip to 9:29 to hear it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom