Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

Sonconato

Melissa's got it figured out.
Parade closing stirs Disney's villains

I feel it is my responsibility to inform Disney that corporate has been taken over by Maleficent or Cruella de Vil. I woke recently to the news that Disney World will discontinue the Main Street Electrical Parade.

The villains of Disney have colluded to collect all of the sadness that will ensue from this horrible news to use in some evil spell, which will be cast on the distracted visitors. Disney may want to inspect the towers of the castle for some sort of evil-looking receptacle that wasn't there before.

We will be visiting Disney World in November. If this problem hasn't been rectified by then, my family members have been instructed to keep all of their extra joy and happiness for the night of the parade. I would suggest perhaps hiding the joy and happiness receptacle either in the head of Pete's Dragon or perhaps in one of the carts in the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. I doubt even Maleficent would mess with Grumpy.

I am confident that my children will grow up with the joy I felt as a child watching the Main Street Electrical Parade and that Disney will employ whatever counter spell is necessary to immediately quash this evil occupation.

Melissa Fox Woodstock, Conn.
This was from Sunday's Orlando Sentinel in the "Letter to the Editor" column.

GiveMeTheMusic

This is what people mean when they say WDW guests get what they deserve. This person wrote a mystifying letter to a newspaper editor about a 44 year old parade.

Instead of demanding they keep the MSEP, ALL fans should demand a new, state of the art mind blowing light parade. No one should ask or hope for a PTN move or clone. Aim higher.

If all WDW guests held TDO to such high standards, we wouldn't be where we are today.

WildcatDen

Toy Story Land has been butchered with some many cuts that it is not even worth mentioning anymore
I am hearing conflicting news on that. . . True the original artwork will not be realized, but some movement on other areas may make this a bit better than the current outlook and may make it worth mentioning? Still, that is for the other thread and requires more details to flush out.

asianway

This is what people mean when they say WDW guests get what they deserve. This person wrote a mystifying letter to a newspaper editor about a 44 year old parade.

Instead of demanding they keep the MSEP, ALL fans should demand a new, state of the art mind blowing light parade. No one should ask or hope for a PTN move or clone. Aim higher.

If all WDW guests held TDO to such high standards, we wouldn't be where we are today.
But no - they go on the attack on people like Foxxy when they call this out. Even people who should know better.

Theyll allow two things to go overlooked so long as they name a beer "Kungaloosh" or some such thing.

FigmentForver96

I am hearing conflicting news on that. . . True the original artwork will not be realized, but some movement on other areas may make this a bit better than the current outlook and may make it worth mentioning? Still, that is for the other thread and requires more details to flush out.
If they can make a decent land then I would consider it worth while. It's just hard for me to not doubt them with this project since they keep cutting. Maybe they can prove me wrong

GiveMeTheMusic

WDW fans are not begging for PTN over having a brand new parade, they just want something until a brand new parade can be created.

You underestimate Disney's actual abilities when pressed. Building and premiering a designed parade concept within a year is not beyond their capabilities.

WDW should run FOF at night until a new parade is ready. PTN already has a home where it will be needed again next summer. WDW can get by for a year without a regular light parade, much as DL got by without one for 18 years.

TP2000

Six months if pushed with ready to go plans.

I can easily imagine that's the case.

This was a company that used to issue all-new parades every summer based on that year's big animated motion picture. And they would begin to create this parade a year in advance of when the movie would open in theaters, working just on storyboards and early clips of said movie. Aladdin's Royal Caravan, The Lion King Parade, Hercules Victory Parade, The Mulan Parade, were all issued forth every 12 to 24 months right on top of each other.

A company division like Parks & Resorts with access to a Billion dollars in after-tax profit every 90 days can build a lavish new night parade in a year. If it wants to, of course.

TTA94

You underestimate Disney's actual abilities when pressed. Building and premiering a designed parade concept within a year is not beyond their capabilities.

WDW should run FOF at night until a new parade is ready. PTN already has a home where it will be needed again next summer. WDW can get by for a year without a regular light parade, much as DL got by without one for 18 years.

I think the big concern is that MK will not have Anything in the evening besides Wishes and maaybe that horrid street party. WDW is likely thinking that they do not need a nighttime parade until next Spring since the rest of this year will be covered by MNSSHP and MVMCP, then Once Upon A Christmas Time can run daily the weeks of Christmas. The months of January and February are typically the slow season.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom