Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

MagicHappens1971

The TRUTH is WDW is a shell of what it used to be and the cuts just keep coming,

TDL/TDS is what WDW in the 80-90's looked like and how it was run where do you think OLC got those standards from and which they are contractually required to uphold, The greatest irony of all is that the only parks which are being run like Disney parks USED to be run do not belong to Disney.
Yes that is the truth, you know what else is the truth, ROL & Pandora will open, SWL & TSL will open, in my personal opinion TDO/TWDC has learned that WDW is a shell of what it used to be, and they are trying to pull it together, will it ever get back up the standards of the 80s and 90s? Personally, unless theres some miracle, no I don't think they will ever get back up to those standards. I do agree that WDW should be adding and adding, although there has been plusses in entertainment, last year we got Hocus Pocus villain spelltacular, this year we got MRFF, Elena of Avalor's Royal Welcome, which is a quick little show, but still something else to see, a new replacement for CTS.
So in the grand scheme of net additions this year, entertainment wise, we have gained.
SW Fireworks
MRFF
Elena of Avalor's Royal Welcome
Mickey's Most Merriest
We lost:
Main Street Electrical Parade, which everyone knew was on it's last leg anyway.
So that's 3 new entertainment offerings, technically only 1 since MRFF replaced DAWM, and CTS is being replaced by MMM, but at least these are new things. Is Disney trying the hardest they could to improve WDW? No. Are they making an attempt to add more? In my opinion, yes. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and these are mine. Attraction wise, although Royal Sumerhaus isn't really an attraction, Maelstrom closed and 1 "attraction" was gained.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I've heard today PTN may be running again in DL before the end of the year / early next.

The moderator of the Rumors and News section on the DisBoards just posted that he heard staging CM's are saying PTN is still coming to WDW after the holidays. Looks like this is still very much up in the air.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I've heard today PTN may be running again in DL before the end of the year / early next.
Where does that leave WDW? Could they really be planning on not running a night parade until 2021?:eek::eek::eek: We've talked about a lot of different scenarios here but what do you think is the most likely to actually happen?

doctornick

And I just heard today that Staging CMs are saying PTN is coming to MK after the holidays... Lots of miscommunication between people at Disney it seems.

The comment by @marni1971 doesn't seem like it would necessarily contradict that -- I take what he said to mean that PTN will start back up well before the holidays (so maybe sometime in October or early November) but it could still do that and be shipped to Florida in January.

Rteetz

The comment by @marni1971 doesn't seem like it would necessarily contradict that -- I take what he said to mean that PTN will start back up well before the holidays (so maybe sometime in October or early November) but it could still do that and be shipped to Florida in January.
Wasn't it announced by Disney that PTN would be back during select nights through 2016? I thought we knew that already.

Pam Hates Penguins

Shouldn't they recreate the PTN floats and put them in The Magic Kingdom so we don't have to loose another parade in Disneyland? I think that's the best idea. That way we can have both PTN in Disneyland and Disney World.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Where does that leave WDW? Could they really be planning on not running a night parade until 2021?:eek::eek::eek: We've talked about a lot of different scenarios here but what do you think is the most likely to actually happen?

Personally I don't think we'll see a night parade at WDW again PERIOD, I think RoL was supposed to be the 'replacement' for MSEP as it would help spread the crowds across multiple parks.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yes that is the truth, you know what else is the truth, ROL & Pandora will open, SWL & TSL will open, in my personal opinion TDO/TWDC has learned that WDW is a shell of what it used to be, and they are trying to pull it together, will it ever get back up the standards of the 80s and 90s? Personally, unless theres some miracle, no I don't think they will ever get back up to those standards. I do agree that WDW should be adding and adding, although there has been plusses in entertainment, last year we got Hocus Pocus villain spelltacular, this year we got MRFF, Elena of Avalor's Royal Welcome, which is a quick little show, but still something else to see, a new replacement for CTS.
So in the grand scheme of net additions this year, entertainment wise, we have gained.
SW Fireworks
MRFF
Mickey's Most Merriest
We lost:
So that's 3 new entertainment offerings, technically only 1 since MRFF replaced DAWM, and CTS is being replaced by MMM, but at least these are new things. Is Disney trying the hardest they could to improve WDW? No. Are they making an attempt to add more? In my opinion, yes. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and these are mine. Attraction wise, although Royal Sumerhaus isn't really an attraction, Maelstrom closed and 1 "attraction" was gained.

A while back there was a thread on cuts at WDW during 2015 and heck EPCOT had 41 ALONE and the so called 'replacements' also joined the original list of 41 attraction and entertainment cuts, Add to that this years carnage and well it's a lot more than 4 cuts....

Bocabear

SW Fireworks
MRFF
Mickey's Most Merriest
We lost:
Who the heck is Elena of Avalor? and I thought her little show was just a temporary thing.....not a full blown new entertainment offering...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom