Out of control WDW ticket prices

flynnibus

Premium Member
I was making a point that College students could do a disney trip. (My I did was a short way of saying I did and went to Disney and Italy). I need to read what I write.

College kids also have $500 iPhones...

It was a point to illustrate what your dollar bought you... Not how many dollars different people can accumulate or that no college kid can afford a trip.

It's about the relative escalation in costs. @ParentsOf4 a math illustrates it better how costs vs incomes are moving at different rates

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Well, they'll have plenty to do while they kill the 3 year wait on Disney's latest project...

I just want to know if there is a Universal web site that you go to and write all kinds of bad
If you don't like what they are saying, don't read it. ;)

The problem is that I loved reading on this web site about things that were happening at Walt Disney World. I can remember during one trip, based on information I got off this site, I rode Mission Space a month and half before it opened to the public. I got some inside information on when testing was going to happen. I love knowing what is being planned and planning my next trip. I do not like having to dig though all the junk people are putting out to find the information I want. Maybe we need to parts to this web site. One where people can complain and one where we can discuss Disney and what is happening. Again I am not saying everything Disney does is right, but the complainers are out of hand.

BuddyThomas

I don't see the correlation between your comment and my comment and how you are breaking news to me. So you ARE speaking about skin color with regard to trash? I want to understand what you are stating here and how it is a response to my comment without sounding like I'm trapping you somehow.

disneyflush said:
People are speaking more about the class of the guests and less about their skin color from what I can tell.
Huhhhhhh????????

Lucky

The problem is that I loved reading on this web site about things that were happening at Walt Disney World. I can remember during one trip, based on information I got off this site, I rode Mission Space a month and half before it opened to the public. I got some inside information on when testing was going to happen. I love knowing what is being planned and planning my next trip. I do not like having to dig though all the junk people are putting out to find the information I want. Maybe we need to parts to this web site. One where people can complain and one where we can discuss Disney and what is happening. Again I am not saying everything Disney does is right, but the complainers are out of hand.
So when you keep coming back over and over to a thread titled "Out of control WDW ticket prices" you're thinking "maybe this time it will be about all the new attractions"? :confused:

Last edited:

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
Again I am not saying everything Disney does is right, but the complainers are out of hand.
I've been going to WDW since the 1970s, paying for my own ticket on every single trip. I'm very much aware of what has happened to WDW prices, which is why I started this thread.

The thing is, if lots are complaining about problems at WDW, maybe they have valid points.

Maybe it's not "guests" who have slipped; maybe it's WDW that has slipped.

Last edited:

draybook

I just want to know if there is a Universal web site that you go to and write all kinds of bad

Do you know of one? And as soon as I find some complaints I will send them their way!

Again, I notice that you never responded to my post in that other thread in which I said I still enjoy WDW and I still prefer it over Universal. Selective reading I suppose.......

Maybe you should read that one thread in which MANY of us tell you(in general) that if we didn't care then we wouldn't complain. Notice how when you're in a relationship, you tend to try to work on the problems/issues that you have? You(in general) do that because you care and want the relationship to last, correct? Well, I ♥ Disney but that doesn't mean there aren't issues in the relationship. And I care enough to point them out because I want to continue the relationship until I'm one of those old fogies that's holding up the tram because I'm taking two steps every 48 seconds.

Cesar R M

A well thought out and fact based rebuttal......well done!!

I agree. I'm tired of people ing and moaning because they can't easily achieve the dream that Disney portrays in those heart warming commercials....let them eat cake!!!
but cake lasts so little... they should make a special cake that last a full day ;)

yes!! Yes!! YES!! - National Geographic Channel - Where YOU too can watch the inspiring, the educational..."Alaska State Troopers", "Locked Up Abroad", and "Drugs Inc" !!

Don't even get me started on the crap they show on TV !!!
oh gods, this!

almost all the educational channels have now trash programming.. anyone remembers the craze of dealing realities? "deal no deal" "dealing in texas" etc..etc.. history channel is full of them, its like the history channel is now 20% history.. 80% realities of stuff dealers.

Those are very educational!!! How do you think I started my drug business so that I could go to Disney World. GOSH. lol

"Waltering Bad" A show about a Walt disney fan creating drugs to finance his disney expeditions.

I just want to know if there is a Universal web site that you go to and write all kinds of bad.......................... Again I am not saying everything Disney does is right, but the complainers are out of hand.

are you really gonna also slash on people who want to show their disgust at disappointing services they got?
please!
there should be balance but you're going out of hand.

Pretty sure that the same way that Disney can ask for whatever the hell they want for their services.. People have the right to complain and get their business money elsewhere.

I've been going to WDW since the 1970s, paying for my own ticket on every single trip. I'm very much aware of what has happened to WDW prices, which is why I started this thread.

The thing is, if lots are complaining about problems at WDW, maybe they have valid points.

Maybe it's not "guests" who have slipped; maybe it WDW that has slipped.

always good to read some real logic in the forum.

Some people who are blind by fanboyism or personal interests can get awfully in their defence of their favourite brand...so I agree that blatantly ignoring all the criticism as "haters" is wrong... when a lot of complains is happening from a lot of different sides.. there is (almost always ) at least a single valid point.

No different from wars between Intel vs AMD, ATI vs Nvidia (where everyone ignores the bad parts of the other and only assault on convenience)

Last edited:

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
So you only made it work by cutting extreme corners... Cost savings that aren't even available anymore... WHILE the rate of cost basis has been shown to be increasing faster than everything else... And you think the same type of trip is still feasible??

o_O

I'd love my income to work by your math...

But there are still ways to save money. I buy discount annual passes. Stay at DVC. Eat breakfast in the room and use other discounts when I can.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But there are still ways to save money. I buy discount annual passes. Stay at DVC. Eat breakfast in the room and use other discounts when I can.

That would be known as moving the goal posts .... Since none of those things speak towards affordability but about maximizing what you did spend.

But I've given up on meaningful discussion with you. You only want to defend and not turn around and look at what you are defending.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
That would be known as moving the goal posts .... Since none of those things speak towards affordability but about maximizing what you did spend.

But I've given up on meaningful discussion with you. You only want to defend and not turn around and look at what you are defending.

Still if we just look at base price you are correct and I wish it was less. All I am trying to say is that there only two things that we can do about the price; stop going or find ways of saving where we can. I do the second and still enjoy are visit to the park.

cheezbat

Still if we just look at base price you are correct and I wish it was less. All I am trying to say is that there only two things that we can do about the price; stop going or find ways of saving where we can. I do the second and still enjoy are visit to the park.

Some of us do number 1....but try 2 once in a blue moon.

I used to visit way more often, and in the past few years the visits have been less and less. There's not much new to see, no big new E-tickets in 8 years, and ticket prices are outrageous! I personall think tickets should be no more than $80 a day. That seems fair.

If WDW wants my money, they need to give me a reason to come back and spend it. Otherwise, they can just feed off the Pixie Dusters and South American tourists.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

If you prefer a board where only praise of all things Disney is allowed I suggest the DELTA-INDIA-SIERRA board, Here you will get discussion of Disney's issues in great detail expressed forcefully on both sides of the issue.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Some of us do number 1....but try 2 once in a blue moon.

I used to visit way more often, and in the past few years the visits have been less and less. There's not much new to see, no big new E-tickets in 8 years, and ticket prices are outrageous! I personall think tickets should be no more than $80 a day. That seems fair.

If WDW wants my money, they need to give me a reason to come back and spend it. Otherwise, they can just feed off the Pixie Dusters and South American tourists.

So if you buy a five day ticket (no park hopping) it is only $61.56 a day. So that is below the $80.00 per day. I agree Disney has got to put some additional attractions into the parks to keep people coming back and must do something before Pandora comes on line. Rumor is that something is going to happen soon.

BuddyThomas

So if you buy a five day ticket (no park hopping) it is only $61.56 a day. So that is below the $80.00 per day. I agree Disney has got to put some additional attractions into the parks to keep people coming back and must do something before Pandora comes on line. Rumor is that something is going to happen soon.
Something like they are going to jam a Frozen overlay on top of Maelstrom?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom