Out of control WDW ticket prices

Tonka's Skipper

Again with the 'Unitards don't "get" WDW because it is more than thrill rides and roller coasters'? Really? As someone that has been to WDW 100s of times since my first visit in 1971, I can assure you, I "get" it. And these days I choose to give my hard earned cash to Universal. You literally have to pay me to get me to go to WDW.

Oh, and Universal is more than thrill rides and roller coasters.

You are of course entitled to have your opinion..........great............enjoy Uni.............many others disagree, myself included.

AKK

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Again I disagree, I am a Marine surveyor/ accident investigator and my job requires attention to detail as well.

However here is the latest Disney hotel/resort awards.......8 of them

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...hotels-awards/

However we can agree to disagree.............AKK

Disney paid for those awards, If you search the forums for BLT broken furniture you will find lots of posts, All I can say is in 2013 it's like Disney threw a switch and turned the quality off, I was in Orlando NYE to visit stayed at the Airport Hyatt instead of going to Disney, Better quality room for a far lower price, did not visit park either and i had a car and a valid premier passport.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

You are of course entitled to have your opinion..........great............enjoy Uni.............many others disagree, myself included.

AKK
Thanks, I will. I am renewing my Uni AP today! And one of the first things I'm going to do is catch the water taxi over to Portofino Bay and enjoy a thrilling bottle of Shiraz and a Cheese Board sitting harbor side at The Thirsty Fish. :D

Tonka's Skipper

Disney paid for those awards, If you search the forums for BLT broken furniture you will find lots of posts, All I can say is in 2013 it's like Disney threw a switch and turned the quality off, I was in Orlando NYE to visit stayed at the Airport Hyatt instead of going to Disney, Better quality room for a far lower price, did not visit park either and i had a car

Of course.......Disney paid for them.....US News and World report.........whatever you wish!

AKK

Last edited:

asianway

Disney paid for those awards, If you search the forums for BLT broken furniture you will find lots of posts, All I can say is in 2013 it's like Disney threw a switch and turned the quality off, I was in Orlando NYE to visit stayed at the Airport Hyatt instead of going to Disney, Better quality room for a far lower price, did not visit park either and i had a car
No matter what industry you're in, those types of awards are as much about relationship building as they are about actual content. Like AAA, a Disney operating participant, throwing four diamond awards around like they're candy

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Thanks, I will. I am renewing my Uni AP today! And one of the first things I'm going to do is catch the water taxi over to Portofino Bay and enjoy a thrilling bottle of Shiraz and a Cheese Board sitting harbor side at The Thirsty Fish. :D

There is what has been eating at me recently when it comes to this web site. You no longer enjoy going to Disney World, great but you do not have to try and force your opinions on everyone else. I like both Universal and Walt Disney World, but I think Walt Disney World has more to offer for what I pay for my annual pass. Still you do not find me on a Universal Web Site telling everyone there that they are wrong going to Universal. Please go there have fun but don't treat others like they do not know what they are talking about.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
There is what has been eating at me recently when it comes to this web site. You no longer enjoy going to Disney World, great but you do not have to try and force your opinions on everyone else. I like both Universal and Walt Disney World, but I think Walt Disney World has more to offer for what I pay for my annual pass. Still you do not find me on a Universal Web Site telling everyone there that they are wrong going to Universal. Please go there have fun but don't treat others like they do not know what they are talking about.

I don't think you understand WHY many of us are complaining on this board, We all LOVE Disney however we are very unhappy how it's being run into the ground. At the moment UNI is being run like WDW was in the 'golden era' of WDW and we are calling out Disney on this fact on a popular board.

In many ways a parallel is how the US is racing to become 1970's East Germany while the Real East Germany is trying to emulate 1970's United States.

Tonka's Skipper

No matter what industry you're in, those types of awards are as much about relationship building as they are about actual content. Like AAA, a Disney operating participant, throwing four diamond awards around like they're candy

I would agree with you on AA and others, US New and World report and other real awards are a different story.

I also agree some things have been let to slip, but the *downers* come and make it sound like WDW is now 6 flags.

As I pointed out I hope Iger has seen the error of his ways..........time will tell.

AKK

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Newspaper awards especially, Throw us a few million in ad spend and next time we give out 'awards' you will get one.

AAA has become very generous to its travel partners recently lots of 4 diamond awards for places that used to get two diamonds on a good day.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I would agree with you on AA and others, US New and World report and other real awards are a different story.

I also agree some things have been let to slip, but the *downers* come and make it sound like WDW is now 6 flags.

As I pointed out I hope Iger has seen the error of his ways..........time will tell.

AKK

In some respects Six Flags is better than WDW, At least at Six Flags family did not need to spend 2 hours every day of a 10 day vacation at Guest Relations trying to fix issues with MagicBand entitlements and FP+ as family did during their June vacation.

Tonka's Skipper

In some respects Six Flags is better than WDW, At least at Six Flags family did not need to spend 2 hours every day of a 10 day vacation at Guest Relations trying to fix issues with MagicBand entitlements and FP+ as family did during their June vacation.

No denying that................last summer the FP+ and MB had their problems......totally correct......and things have been improved greatly. Things are still being changed and adjusted and as it continues to be rolled out it is looking better and better. Especially since the rumors are being discounted, with actual policy.

Some still don't like F+ plus because they had their systems of going to the parks and using FP, this is now a change and most people don't like any change, in anything.

We will be there in May and I will decide my opinion at that time.

I am even going to respect your statement on BLT's and take a look. Frankly we didn't like the look of BLT's from the start, but that is our personal taste.

AKK

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Truth hurts sometimes - and people don't want to hear it

It is not that the truth hurts, it is the constant everything Disney does is bad, everything Universal does is good. Disney has spent a lot of money on it's park division in the last few years. Maybe everyone does not agree on where it was spent and I will be the first to say I think Walt Disney World got the short end of the stick. Still on my last two visit I have noticed improvements all around the parks. We stayed at AnimaKingdomon in January and I saw very few problems. I see many attractions with repairs going on right more soon to start. The expansion in the Magic Kingdom was not as great as I would like to have seen, but I am looking forward to riding the new Seven Dwarf Mine Coaster later this year. Disney is working on Pandora and I been told that there will be some things coming soon for Hollywood Studios. Disney new shopping area looks like it is moving forward with improvements in every area including parking, shopping and dinning.

So to say Disney is going nothing is not the truth. Could they be more, I would say yes hopefully with the renovation of California Adventure now complete, Walt Disney World may get some tender loving care it needs.

thomas998

No one here has the capability to force their opinions on anyone else. We are all free to ignore any threads or members that bother us.

Unfortunately some people seem to take the opinions of others as a personal attack on them... add in the fact that some people simply have to have the last word and you get sometimes interesting sometimes annoying flame wars between people... All you can do is sit back enjoy some popcorn and watch the show... because you already know that neither side is going to change their position or opinion the are just going to try to go at each other.

asianway

It is not that the truth hurts, it is the constant everything Disney does is bad, everything Universal does is good. Disney has spent a lot of money on it's park division in the last few years. Maybe everyone does not agree on where it was spent and I will be the first to say I think Walt Disney World got the short end of the stick. Still on my last two visit I have noticed improvements all around the parks. We stayed at AnimaKingdomon in January and I saw very few problems. I see many attractions with repairs going on right more soon to start. The expansion in the Magic Kingdom was not as great as I would like to have seen, but I am looking forward to riding the new Seven Dwarf Mine Coaster later this year. Disney is working on Pandora and I been told that there will be some things coming soon for Hollywood Studios. Disney new shopping area looks like it is moving forward with improvements in every area including parking, shopping and dinning.

So to say Disney is going nothing is not the truth. Could they be more, I would say yes hopefully with the renovation of California Adventure now complete, Walt Disney World may get some tender loving care it needs.
Stop with the universal nonsense. I'm not a uni fanboy although they are doing great things. I rate Wdw against their legacy and other WDPR units

thomas998

Which Six Flags are you going to? I'm only curious because I took my kids to the one in Texas this past summer and it was a huge disappointment from what I had remembered it being in the late 70's and early 80's when I was a kid... Though I did find their version of a fastpass interesting, apparently for an additional fee of about $100/person you can schedule all the rides you want for the day in advance - which would be an interesting way for Disney to go.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No denying that................last summer the FP+ and MB had their problems......totally correct......and things have been improved greatly. Things are still being changed and adjusted and as it continues to be rolled out it is looking better and better. Especially since the rumors are being discounted, with actual policy.

Some still don't like F+ plus because they had their systems of going to the parks and using FP, this is now a change and most people don't like any change, in anything.

We will be there in May and I will decide my opinion at that time.

I am even going to respect your statement on BLT's and take a look. Frankly we didn't like the look of BLT's from the start, but that is our personal taste.

AKK

What most of us 'doom-n-gloomers' want is a return to the quality seen in the 1990's and early nought's, At least that's what I want personally. I have not been to UNI since 2003 when I was there for a corporate event so for me at least its not UNI == Good, Disney == Bad

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Which Six Flags are you going to? I'm only curious because I took my kids to the one in Texas this past summer and it was a huge disappointment from what I had remembered it being in the late 70's and early 80's when I was a kid... Though I did find their version of a fastpass interesting, apparently for an additional fee of about $100/person you can schedule all the rides you want for the day in advance - which would be an interesting way for Disney to go.

Six Flags New England - Used to be called RIverside I'd give it a 5 on the theme park scale with 10 being 1990's Disney and 1 being a small roadside carnival.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom