OT: Thank You to Awesome Guests

Mansion Butler

Original Poster
So I cruise this forum a lot because I like seeing guests who actually appreciate cast members. And I wanted to return the thanks and say thank you to every guest who appreciates those of us who actually do want to make your visit awesome. And thank you to those of you who understand why we can't let you do something you want to do. And thank you to those of you who only smoke and park strollers in designated areas. And thank you to those of you who stop and talk to a cast member about your day or your love of Disney World (many of us really are interested in passing the time talking to a guest about this place!). And thank you who let City Hall or someone else know when a cast member has done a good job (positive reinforcement keeps you going strong). And thank you to everyone who comes, smiles and has a great, happy and magical time.

:)

DisneyGigi

Terrific CMs are what makes WDW the wonderful place that it is! :) It is nice to hear that you guys appreciate us too because there is nothing I love more than gushing about what a wonderful place it is and taking the time to talk to different Cast Members. There have been many that we will never forget.

disneyowf

Very Cool! Thanks for the excellent post! I am very concerned about the lack of good customer service provided in general in our fine country, and going to WDW (or looking forward to doing so) emphasizes the generally tremendous customer service we as guests can expect there. That is certainly one of my primary reasons for visiting WDW. I always make it a point on each trip we make to personally thank at least one cast member for their outstanding service on each day of our visit.

Thanks again!:)

Figment73

So I cruise this forum a lot because I like seeing guests who actually appreciate cast members. And I wanted to return the thanks and say thank you to every guest who appreciates those of us who actually do want to make your visit awesome. And thank you to those of you who understand why we can't let you do something you want to do. And thank you to those of you who only smoke and park strollers in designated areas. And thank you to those of you who stop and talk to a cast member about your day or your love of Disney World (many of us really are interested in passing the time talking to a guest about this place!). And thank you who let City Hall or someone else know when a cast member has done a good job (positive reinforcement keeps you going strong). And thank you to everyone who comes, smiles and has a great, happy and magical time.

:)
What an Awesome post.

Mansion Butler

Original Poster
Terrific CMs are what makes WDW the wonderful place that it is! :) It is nice to hear that you guys appreciate us too because there is nothing I love more than gushing about what a wonderful place it is and taking the time to talk to different Cast Members. There have been many that we will never forget.
Obviously some of the time we work in places when we don't have time to talk, but most positions where, I absolutely love guests coming by and chatting up their day, talking about the park and asking questions and advice.

WDWmazprty

Obviously some of the time we work in places when we don't have time to talk, but most positions where, I absolutely love guests coming by and chatting up their day, talking about the park and asking questions and advice.

Where do you work? Maybe I'll look for you in Sept. :)

DisneyGigi

Yes, I totally understand that. You guys are super busy! We have been twice on our anniversary so that has opened up some really nice conversations with CMs. I enjoy seeing the same enthusiasim about the World that I have. It rocks! Again, you guys are great. :wave:

mpeters

I can only assume that by your user name you work in HM...........look for me in 4 days as I will be down there..........

You'll know its me b/c I will be the exasperated father with twin 4 yr old boys and a blonde wife which will make you say......how did that guy get here? :shrug:
LOL

heartodisney

I could go on and on about great stories on CM's...but...ya just do not have the time...I have wonderful memories with alot of CM's...and I very much look forward to more! Thanks for this post!

elisatonks

I agree with OP, and i think i can easy say for most CM's thank for making our days magical, you can't believe how many times CM's can be having a hard day for it to be made 100% better by just one guest, sometimes it just putting your trash in the can, sometimes it the sight of your faces when seeing a character and sometimes its just taking the time to chat with us rather than just walk right past. Believe me whilst i was on my icp program there were many times i came across you awesome guests, so like the OP said thanks.

Mansion Butler

Original Poster
Oh, I thought of more guests to thank. Thank you to all of you who realize ropes and chains are there for a reason and don't open or jump over them. Also thank you to everyone who doesn't scream at the Fastpass castmember for merely doing his or her job. We're usually fully aware of how excrutiating it can be standing in standby watching four times as many people go in front of you from FP, and we do feel awful (at least most of us that I know of). It makes us just feel worse when we get screamed at. If someone yells at me at the merge point it usually bothers me for the rest of the day.

But yeah, thanks again to everyone for coming and celebrating with us (heh). Of course, I'm in denial.

Chuckhs13

Thanks in Return

Also working in a customer service industry and dealing with the public quite often, I am very well aware of how difficult it can be in dealing with unruly, troublesome, rude guests that seem to forget that there is another human being standing there doing their job. It is not easy to be yelled at and made to feel like you have done something wrong when you are doing what is best for everyone, not just the one or two people that are angry because the world didn't bow down to them. That being said, it is those CM's that work day in and out with a lot of people and are able to keep the smiles and great attitude just so that the rest of us guests can truly enjoy what a magical place WDW can be. We guests may not say it near enough...we DON'T say it near enough, but Thank You to all the tireless CM's that don't get paid near enough but do it because of whatever reason they may have that motivates them to put up with all of us. We appreciate you more than you know or will ever be told.

PotteryGal

We have never had a bad experience with a CM yet, and we've always been impressed with their willingness to go out of their way to help you if they possibly can. One of the many reasons we so look forward to returning to the Magic. Thank you.

Mansion Butler

Original Poster
I have to be honest, the vast, vast majority of guests are fine at worst. Many more guests are great, compliant and friendly than are bitchy, angry or mean.

It's a customer service job, but it's pretty easy because most of the customers are happy. If any CM makes you feel like we have a rough time surrounded by jerks, they're either venting or just making up stories for attention. Believe me when I say my job is great and not hard (tedious at times, but rarely because of guests).

So when I say thank you, I don't mean to make it sound like I'm thanking a few people in a sea of rascals, scoundrels, villains and knaves. I'm thanking just about all of you for coming and being a part of the "magic."

Mansion Butler

Original Poster
OH! I thought of another group of guests I want to thank: those of you who keep your parties together.

It's an amazing hastle if people split up before getting in line and then want to ride together, and often it's not that we don't want to help it's that we can't (at least not without significantly backing up the ride and/or the line). It's better for absolutely everyone involved if you wait until everyone is together before getting in line. And I really do appreciate those of you who do.

STLDisneyFan

I was just roaming around the site and stumbled onto this thread... The CM's really are great. I was down last Sept. to celebrate my birthday. As I wore my birthday button (my daughter would have DIED!!!) I just kept hearing "Happy Birthday" from CM after CM. I can't tell you how it made me feel. Usually a trip to the "World" is about the kids, but this time , for me , it was without them and about ME! I was smiling for 4 days! THANKS for all you do. I'm coming back down the end of Sept this year and can't wait ...it truly is the happiest place on earth!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom