One Sentence Competition, Season 6, Episode 2 - Opening the Vault

Mickeynerd17

That should help put out the word! Apologies if I've missed anyone, but the door is open to join! In the meanwhile, let's kick things off with...a discussion question!

Daily Discussion Question:
What Disney IP do you wish had more representation at the parks?
Lol, a bit late, but DREAMFINDER

He is literally missing from the parks when he should be in Imagination, and is one of the best park-only IPs out there, oh an lump Figment in there too!

DashHaber

Original Poster
Six Hours Remain!

tumblr_oaq9ag2ImI1rikvc5o2_500.gifv

DisneyManOne

Fantasia Canal

fantas.jpg

Storybookland Canal has been given an update: Now, all the scenes along the waterways are related to Walt Disney's 1940 classic -- for example, Monstro's tunnel projects images of musicians playing "Toccata and Fugue", Mickey performs sorcery from the clifftop upon which Cinderella's castle used to sit, and Pinocchio's village has become the village from "Night on Bald Mountain".

DashHaber

Original Poster
Round One Critiques:

@tcool123 – The Garden of Dionysus
Very intriguing. A reservation-only “Pastoral Symphony”-themed lounge would stand out among the atmosphere of Fantasyland, offering something that could appeal to older audiences among all the family rides. Frankly, wine and charcuterie in a Greek garden just sounds like a nice way to cool your heels for a bit.

@Ludpat Mike – Mickey and the Sorcerer’s Hat
“The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” is one of the signature sequences from Fantasia, so it makes plenty of sense to make a dark ride inspired by the segment. It sounds like you expand on the idea of the sequence with new situations which can help it to stand out, though I’m slightly curious about the dark ride type. Fantasyland has plenty of dark rides, after all.

@spacemt354 – Walt Disney’s Fantasia Symphony
Fantasia always had more of a “gravitas” to it among Disney’s animated films as it felt like attending a classical concert, so a live orchestra performance could really capture that same atmosphere. Paired with puppetry and interpretive dance, and you could have a show that’s really unique among the Disney park shows.

@Brer Panther – Fantasia
Oh, very interesting! I’ve thought of a log flume Fantasia idea myself before, but a water coaster would add an additional touch of thrill to the experience. Plus, it would offer some more excitement in Fantasyland with a coaster type that Disney doesn’t have yet.

@Pufflefan – The FANTAS(IA)tic Adventures Parade
If they ever made a parade based around a single movie, Fantasia would be the best fit for it. The lack of dialogue with focus on music and imagery work well for a parade format, especially with the landscapes you could recreate in float form. Inspired idea.

@NateD1226 – Sorcery of Fantasia
A new animated show of Fantasia is a solid idea, even if this pitch feels a little basic. I do appreciate there being new segments included, however. Walt had envisioned Fantasia as something which could continually evolve, so this could help keep up some of that initial plan.

@AceAstro – Night on Bald (Matterhorn) Mountain
“Night on Bald Mountain” is probably the other iconic sequence from Fantasia, and it would be a natural fit for a roller coaster. Though a retheme of Matterhorn might seem a little basic for some, I feel like it can add a nice touch of darkness among all the general cheer and fun of Fantasyland.

@TwilightZone – Nutcracker Suite Boutique and Café
A combination store and restaurant themed around the “Nutcracker Suite” sequence would offer something a bit unique, along with a focus on gardening for the merchandise. Besides that, it’s a simple but solid piece of theming.

@Evilgidgit – Fantasia Symphonic River
I’m willing to go along with this, as you could free up so much park space by taking out the submarines and Autopia. Besides that, this is a good idea. The water from “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” offers such inspiration for water rides, and this would make for a fun boat ride. Maybe a little basic, but it works.

@TheSquirrel – Fantasia Grill
Short, sweet, and to the point. A quick service restaurant themed to Fantasia could be a fun space to eat. I’d love to hear a bit more about what it could be like, though.

@Solaris Knight – Fantasia: Sound of the Seas
A strong entry from a new player! This takes the boat ride approach for Fantasia and really adds some great flavor, taking advantage of the trackless system to allow our vehicles to dance with the music. That is a touch that would immerse riders even more into the music. I’m not totally sure about randomizing the songs for the whole experience, but this is still a fantastic idea. Good thinking.

@b-wolf95 – Fantasia Live
I see another concert approach has turned up, and it would certainly help stand out among the Disney park shows. I do appreciate the idea that the segments for this concert would change seasonally, giving guests more of a reason to witness the show again with choices that could be tailored to the season.

@Pi on my Cake – Fantastical Fantasia Footpaths in Fantasyland
Ah, an agile affirmation of alliteration! In any case, Fantasyland is pretty cramped, so this would be a fun and economical way of capturing some of the spirit of Fantasia. Glowing footpaths lighting up like dance steps in time with the area music definitely fits the wonder well.

@DisneyManOne – Fantasia Canal
This is another retheme idea, but it is another solid execution of it. The Storybook Land Canal Boats would lend themselves well to a Fantasia retheme, considering the leisurely pace would be a fine moment to sit back and take in the imagery from that movie.

@pix - Untitled Fantasia Trackless Dark Ride
Right at the deadline! A little earlier, please, if possible. Besides that, a trackless dark ride would fit something like Fantasia, to allow for the vehicles dancing to the music.​

DashHaber

Original Poster
Round One Awards:

Ps5WGu1.png

Honorable Mention:
@tcool123 – The Garden of Dionysus
Honorable Mention is a place to recognize pitches that are striking even if they don’t quite make the mark in the core prompt, and this lounge would offer a more sophisticated space for older parkgoers to relax among the higher energy in the rest of Disneyland.

L30Y5yp.png

Bronze Medal (1 Point):
@Pi on my Cake – Fantastical Fantasia Footpaths in Fantasyland
It may be one of the smaller ideas among these pitches, but glowing footpaths set to the land’s music loop captures some of that great fusion of action and music from Fantasia.

zihTg3C.png

Silver Medal (1 Point): @Solaris Knight – Fantasia: Sound of the Seas
Of the various water rides, this really stuck out to me by taking that trackless technology and using it to let guests “dance” to the music, offering a more direct way to pull them into the music.

DrRz15D.png

Gold Medal (2 Points):
@b-wolf95 – Fantasia Live
It was a serious toss-up between the two live concert shows, but the seasonal variety helped edge this to a win. With a live orchestra, Cirque-style performance pieces, and a seasonal system for the show, you could really have a park show that offers the gravitas that fits Fantasia and serves as a gateway to classical music for newcomers.​

DashHaber

Original Poster
Round Two: Wreck-It Ralph

wreckitralphposter.jpg

Modern Disney has found a new stride, and some of their recent films have begun to turn up in the parks. Frozen has a number of shows and a flume ride, while Tangled is set to have a boat ride at DisneySea. However, there is one movie that is being a bit neglected: Wreck-It Ralph. A shame, really, considering how the film delivers on a fun cast of characters, a good story, and fun visuals with its video game setting. So, let’s remedy this, shall we?

Let’s figure out something good for this overlooked film in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom. The connection might be looser, but a world within video games is a bit of a sci-fi idea. Plus, it’ll have some game-related company when Tron Lightcycle Run opens up.

-Prompt-
Pitch a method of implementing Wreck-It Ralph at Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom. It can be an attraction, a restaurant, whatever you wish.

-Rules-
Use only a single sentence to describe your idea. You may also use one image if you wish. The deadline is Thursday, December 17th, at 11:59:59 PM EST.

-Tips-
KISS – Keep is simple, silly! With only one sentence, you can’t get too detailed. Think of this as an elevator pitch.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit visually/thematically?​

TwilightZone

Litwak's Arcade

iu

The often forgotten Video Arcade will be transformed from the ground up to the retro styled arcade seen in the Wreck-it-Ralph films, complete with machines of all the IPs featured in the movies as well as exclusive cabinets based on Sugar Rush, Hero's Duty, and the titular Wreck-It-Ralph.

Disneylover152

Typed this up and meant to submit this earlier today. Turns out I forgot to click the "post reply" button.

Fantasia Gardens
1608096820465.png
An elaborately themed hedge maze and walkthrough will come to the former Motorboat Cruise area in Fantasyland and bring this classic movie to life with fountains, models, hedges, walk-around characters (Brooms, Hyacinth Hippo, Fantasia Elephant, and Ostrich!) and more!

Solaris Knight

Vanellope's Sweets and Treats

1608100050055.png

A clone of the Disney Dream's bakery replacing Auntie Gravity, this bakery merges the normal experience of ice cream and candy with a permanent meet and greet spot for Ralph and Vanellope so they can greet their loyal customers, as well as a spot for a Living Character King Candy to add his own personal comments.

DisneyManOne

Wreck-It Ralph: Virus Alert!

ed8b2a378dbb76d8c446463ef5cb8216.jpg

Replacing one half of what was once the Tomorrowland Speedway (the other half going towards a new Fantasyland attraction), this innovative new motion simulator takes us on a tour of Game Central Station...a tour waylaid as we jump from game to game alongside Ralph, Vanellope, Felix and Sgt. Calhoun to stop another invasion from the Cy-Bugs!

Ludpat Mike

In the Parks
No

"Wreck It Ralph: Shoot 'n Rush"​

2peu6m0jge251.png

In this update to "Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin" the Cy-Bugs have escaped Heroes' Duty and are invading the world of Sugar Rush and attacking its inhabitants, so you'll have to help Ralph, Vanellope and their friends defeat them with your Sugar Shooter (gun) while driving a Candy Car whose steering wheel will enable you to face in (and aim at) any direction, among screens and practical effects

Evilgidgit

GAME CENTRAL STATION
Wreck-It-Ralph-Sugar-Rush.jpg
Wreck-It Ralph's Game Central Station becomes a unifying themed area for the new Tomorrowland expansion, incorporating TRON Lightcycle Run; Tomorrowland Speedway is transformed into Sugar Rush Speedway, a delightfully saccharine, electrical sweet track; the Cybug Crash Site, an adventurous playground based on Hero's Duty; and Wreck-It Ralph's High Rise, a more family friendly take on the Tower of Terror, based on Fix-It Felix Jr., which Ralph wrecking the building, causing the elevator to drop.

Brer Panther

Sugar Rush Speedway
1608130608237.png

Replacing the Tomorrowland Speedway is sort of an updated version of the ride, with a very sweet twist - while waiting in line, guests can design their own candy carts on a screen before taking to the track on a high-speed tour of Sugar Rush, including some locations not seen in the film (and instead of a gift shop, the attraction exits out into a candy shop/bakery featuring brand new candies based on Wreck-It Ralph).

NateD1226

Kart Bakery

1608131464418.png

Kart Bakery is an all new bakery themed to the "Making a Kart" scene where Ralph and Vanellope make a go-kart together. Some of the sweets inspired by the movie include cupcakes based on each racer in Sugar Rush, chocolate fudge cake, Coca-Cola gummies, and even a build-your-own racer gingerbread box set.

DashHaber

Original Poster
Typed this up and meant to submit this earlier today. Turns out I forgot to click the "post reply" button.

Fantasia Gardens
View attachment 519090
An elaborately themed hedge maze and walkthrough will come to the former Motorboat Cruise area in Fantasyland and bring this classic movie to life with fountains, models, hedges, walk-around characters (Brooms, Hyacinth Hippo, Fantasia Elephant, and Ostrich!) and more!
No worries. It's a bit late for critiques on this one, but I'll let it through and add you to the scoreboard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom