One Sentence Competition, Season 6, Episode 2 - Opening the Vault

DashHaber

Original Poster
Hello there, fellow armchair imagineers! It’s time for Season 6, Episode 2 of that beloved pitching program…

The One Sentence Competition!

giphy.gif

I’m your host, DashHaber! For newcomers and familiar faces, the One Sentence Competition is one of the simplest games we have around the forums! It’s designed to be a casual challenge you can easily take part in. No elaborate write-ups, no major teams, no serious commitments here! All you need is a good idea, and the ability communicate it clearly!

Here is how it works: each round, you will be given a prompt. With one to three sentence and only one picture, you will come up with a short pitch that you think captures the idea. At the end of each round, I’ll offer comments and critiques of all the submissions, and then deal out the points!

Every submission automatically gets 1 point. I will also award bronze (1 point), silver (1 point), and gold (2 points). In addition, I’ll pick an “honorable mention”, for any submission that didn’t make the top three but still stood out.

vbwUC0u.png

At the end of all eight rounds, I will announce the winner, who will receive bragging rights and the choice to host the next episode of the One Sentence Competition!

Now, onto this episode. Recent episodes have been featuring a theme for the competition, and this one is no different. However, it features a bit of a twist. The theme is… “Opening the Vault”.

b910f02069071777e14734a2ecb57d9e.gif

Normally, the prompts that challengers are given lay out the type of park addition they'll be developing: a new ride, a restaurant, whatever. Not this time. Instead, Disney has a wealth of IPs that they have built up over the years. However, some of it is barely featured in the parks, or not used at all!

This time, you will be given a Disney IP along with a particular land at a Disney theme park. With that, you will have to come up with how to implement it! It could be a ride, a restaurant, or even restrooms. What sort of approach is all up to you, with the challenge being in how you use the IP. To be specific, I’ll be looking at how you try to capture the spirit of the IP, along with how this implementation fits in the assigned land.

What’s the first prompt? Stay tuned, dear competitors! The first round is on the way this Monday.

PM6Jpeu.png

spacemt354

Chili's
That should help put out the word! Apologies if I've missed anyone, but the door is open to join! In the meanwhile, let's kick things off with...a discussion question!

Daily Discussion Question:
What Disney IP do you wish had more representation at the parks?
I'm in!

And I'd say Hercules - lots of opportunities for various types of attractions from kid friendly to thrill

PerGron

That should help put out the word! Apologies if I've missed anyone, but the door is open to join! In the meanwhile, let's kick things off with...a discussion question!

The Lion King. Now, hear me out before we go “there’s a lot of Lion king already”

For what was Disney’s biggest success until Frozen, the fact that throughout all of the parks the most we have had are stage shows and a parade is shocking. The Lion King deserves a proper ride, be it a dark ride, log flume, coaster themed to elephant graveyard, etc. I just feel like TLK deserves at least one attraction based on how popular it has been since release.

Sure there are IP that lack representation entirely, but I’m just shocked there isn’t and never has been a Lion King ride

NateD1226

Hercules and Princess and the Frog! They are both such great movies that deserve much more recognition. Although, with PATF getting a ride, I hope more representation comes with it.

Orange Cat

THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS... Excuse Me, But It REALLY Needs Year-Round Representation In The Parks.

D Hulk

FANTASIA

This is Disney’s most iconic film, and arguably it’s their best overall. There are nearly limitless attraction possibilities. Surely it gets hotel decorations and topiary gardens and Shanghai’s carousel and very good representation in the nighttime spectaculars, but it needs a major ride! It could, nay, should be a Fantasyland headliner!

Evilgidgit

The Jungle Book, The Lion King, A Bug's Life, Hercules, The Emperor's New Groove, Brother Bear, Lilo & Stitch (done right), more Mary Poppins, The Sword in the Stone, any animated Disney film released between 1967-1988, same for 2000-2004, and 2009-onwards.

gonzoWDW

If Mike Tyson can fight again after 14 years off, I can come do a couple One Sentence Competitions again after a 2 year break.

I'll argue that Lilo and Stitch needs more well done representation in the parks. Stitch is all over the stores, showing his popularity, and there are plenty of good fitting locations to either imitate Hawaii or to do something in a spacecraft.

(The Lion King and Hercules were close seconds and thirds for me)

Disney Dad 3000

I'm in!

How about The Jungle Book? Why doesn't it have a dark ride yet?
This. This all day. Dark ride. Boat ride. Anything.

If I had to choose something else though I would pick something a little off kilter that would bring some variety like the Rescuers. 2 solid films with weird enough villains. The rescue aid society would make a great tag along walk through/playground type attraction to go with a ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom