Official Epcot 25th Celebration Events

swmike

I'm assuming the dessert party for Celebration 25 is full already, huh?

How packed is it going to be for the re dedication ceremony? They're talking about the walk around like it's going to be a small group...

t3techcom18

I hope I'll be there! Trying to convince parents to let me skip school that day, haha...

I double the question, if you're a CM, can you still go to see Marty's seminars?

jasondiff

I'm assuming the dessert party for Celebration 25 is full already, huh?

How packed is it going to be for the re dedication ceremony? They're talking about the walk around like it's going to be a small group...

For info about Celebration 25 see our big thread:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=143151

I am taking names for the Dessert Party waiting list. PM me.

Considering we have almost 1100 people signed up for Celebration 25, at least that many will be at the rededication ceremony!

Brian_WDW74

AP Epcot 25th Anniversary Celebration with Mary Sklar

This is posted in the Passholders section of disneyworld.com:

Epcot® 25th Anniversary Celebration

Gather together during this special day at Epcot® as we celebrate 25 years of exploring the wonders of the world and beyond through exhilarating rides, fabulous food and dazzling, interactive entertainment!

Passholders are invited to join the backstage magic with Disney Cast Members when Disney Legend, Marty Sklar, takes everyone on an inspiring stroll down memory lane. A Disney employee since 1955 and dubbed the official Imagineering Ambassador, Marty has been putting smiles on the faces of kids and parents alike for nearly 50 years. Come hear his captivating stories of Disney history and enjoy his unique perspective on the magical future of Walt Disney World® Resort.

For admittance to this special event, you will need to show your pass and a photo ID.

Figment82

This is posted in the Passholders section of disneyworld.com:

Oh that is FANTASTIC news! Now my mom can join me for the backstage going-ons. I was feeling really guilty about potentially leaving her, but now it looks like she can come too! :)

EDIT - wait... what does "E-ticket" mean? Do you have to register for the talk? And is that all on the passholder site - I don't have access to that, but my mother does, so I can send her over there if need be.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
If it's like the Finding Nemo musical previews, we had to register online for a time on the passholders page.

Did you register for the AK extra hours event on the 28th? They closed the registration pretty early, and I wanted to try to get a scan of a confirmation page to try to use...:(

jasondiff

Did you register for the AK extra hours event on the 28th? They closed the registration pretty early, and I wanted to try to get a scan of a confirmation page to try to use...:(

I missed that one too, I'm not sure how many people that accomodated, but I'm hoping they have Marty in the World Showplace so there can be a significant number of people.

Figment82

My mom is calling around now, but apparently the poor CM's have absolutely no clue what is going on with this event. One guy even snapped back "I have no idea who that is!" and hung up on her!

Update: So my mom just got off the phone and the "official" word from Epcot is that "you do not need an Eticket to attend the ceremony at 10:01" :hammer: So obviously someone put that up on the website without informing the rest of the CM - so typical...

On an even sadder note, 3 of the CMs she spoke to asked her to spell "Sklar" and only 1 actually knew who he was... :(

She's going to keep checking the website, so I'll let you know if I hear anything more.

Jayhawkie

Do you think that there is chance that the "golf ball" will be open? That is my son's 2nd fave ride after HM. I am hoping that Disney will surprise us and open it for the anniversary. Here's hoping!!!!

Thessair

I talked to a supervisor at the Res center since I couldn't get an email response from anyone at the web site. Take it for what it's worth, but according to what I was told that's just the announcement for the Passholder/Marty Sklar event and registration hasn't opened yet.

Edit: The E-Ticket reference seems to have been removed from the announcement.

jasondiff

I thought the E-ticket reference was odd. For the Jungle Book thing at the AK they said you need your pass and a printout of your reservation confirmation. That makes sense; what the heck is an "E-ticket" in this use?

I bet they removed it to stop people from calling!

I'd expect registration to be necessary, and the wording will once again be updated when that happens.

jasondiff

Do you think that there is chance that the "golf ball" will be open? That is my son's 2nd fave ride after HM. I am hoping that Disney will surprise us and open it for the anniversary. Here's hoping!!!!

There's always a chance, but there's a better chance I'll win the mega millions lottery jackpot.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I thought the E-ticket reference was odd. For the Jungle Book thing at the AK they said you need your pass and a printout of your reservation confirmation. That makes sense; what the heck is an "E-ticket" in this use?

I'd expect registration to be necessary, and the wording will once again be updated when that happens.

...and to think I got one of my real E tickets out of my book to be able to use...:lol:

Thessair

I bet they removed it to stop people from calling!

Said Supervisor I spoke to said E-Ticket was the new slang for the printed out reservations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom