*-*-Official "Celebration 25" Virtual Photo Album-*-*

jedimaster1227

I know this is a little off topic (only a little), but I think this might tickle your fancy, if you read into it...

Anything is possible! I know all of our staff has talked about the possibility of an annual event, but I need to see whats going to be going on before I start planning another major fan event... As of right now, consider the fact that throughout the entire weekend, I looked (carefully) at every aspect of Celebration 25. In doing so, I saw what worked, and what didn't (really, everything worked, so there wasn't much to be removed). Next year, the 25th will be on a Wednesday, which again will be difficult for those of us in school (especially seniors), but like I did earlier this year, I will let my parents know way in advance that this is happening- and considering how proud they are (not gloating, just reflecting), I doubt they will really argue.

I have actually begun to type up a list of ideas for our next event, and in doing so, I look forward to your input. Currently, my thought process is that we make this next event larger, spanning multiple parks (possibly) and multiple days. I never expected Celebration 25 to be compared to Mousefest, but surprisingly enough, I heard it said plenty of times this weekend. While I can basically say that official cruises are out of the way, I think extending the event from a Friday to a Wednesday is possible. Marcus and I spoke about kicking off the event with a group dinner (though obviously, it would have to be a private event, since we would have such a large number of people)... I'm going to be working on this list over the next week, but if you all have any ideas, please feel free to PM me, email me at zmanatr@cfl.rr.com or skype me at jedimaster1227.

Looking forward to your responses,

~Adam~

imamouse

I know this is a little off topic (only a little), but I think this might tickle your fancy, if you read into it...

Anything is possible! I know all of our staff has talked about the possibility of an annual event, but I need to see whats going to be going on before I start planning another major fan event... As of right now, consider the fact that throughout the entire weekend, I looked (carefully) at every aspect of Celebration 25. In doing so, I saw what worked, and what didn't (really, everything worked, so there wasn't much to be removed). Next year, the 25th will be on a Wednesday, which again will be difficult for those of us in school (especially seniors), but like I did earlier this year, I will let my parents know way in advance that this is happening- and considering how proud they are (not gloating, just reflecting), I doubt they will really argue.

I have actually begun to type up a list of ideas for our next event, and in doing so, I look forward to your input. Currently, my thought process is that we make this next event larger, spanning multiple parks (possibly) and multiple days. I never expected Celebration 25 to be compared to Mousefest, but surprisingly enough, I heard it said plenty of times this weekend. While I can basically say that official cruises are out of the way, I think extending the event from a Friday to a Wednesday is possible. Marcus and I spoke about kicking off the event with a group dinner (though obviously, it would have to be a private event, since we would have such a large number of people)... I'm going to be working on this list over the next week, but if you all have any ideas, please feel free to PM me, email me at zmanatr@cfl.rr.com or skype me at jedimaster1227.

Looking forward to your responses,

~Adam~

Sounds great to me. Talk about Dream Finder FOREVER :D

chels26

jedimaster1227, sounds like a great idea. what ever you decide, i soo want to come. i was so upset that i had to miss out on celebration 25=[ . Im glad it was a hit and hope for annual events so i can attend!! lol

Figment82

I think an annual event would be fantastic! Hey, next year is Horizons' 25th anniversary, so we can all get together and sing "New Horizons" in front of Mission:Space.

-or-
We could turn it into a March meet and celebrate the 25th anniversary of Journey Into Imagination.

I would absolutely love to take part in another event like this. I am seriously going through withdrawls now that it's over. Count me in - and I'd be willing to donate my time and services to the cause.

DisneyMarg

Here are a few of my photos from the day...

Boarding for the group ride - Journey Into Imagination

IMG_1011.jpg

Waiting for Illuminations

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

Figment82

Here are a few of my photos from the day...

Boarding for the group ride - Journey Into Imagination

IMG_1011.jpg

I see me! I knew wearing those silver ears would come in handy - I can find myself so easily in everyone's photos! Lou, my mom, and I had a great time riding - Lou and I spent the whole time looking for crates. :)

DisneyMarg

And a couple of Illuminations. The last is from the special 25th fireworks and doesn't look like a great picture, but pretty much depicts how awesome they were. The first shows the firewoks through the poles at the Italy isola. (and what the heck is an "isola", anyway???)

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

TheBeatles

And a couple of Illuminations. The last is from the special 25th fireworks and doesn't look like a great picture, but pretty much depicts how awesome they were. The first shows the firewoks through the poles at the Italy isola. (and what the heck is an "isola", anyway???)

You must have been standing next to me.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
There was this guy near us in a hawaiian shirt that sang every word to "Listen to the Land" - who was that? Horizons78 - he was standing to the left of you. I was right there when y'all were talking to Martin and I had to keep myself quiet so I would not bust into your conversation! :ROFLOL:

IMG_0033-1.jpg

That would be my new friend Don. (Hawaiian Shirt in the pic.) He's not a member on the boards yet but man is he a die-hard fan! I told him he would fit right in. Turns out he works for Dreamworks. We exchanged emails so Im gonna keep after him about joining us here.

BTW Epcot Nut: It was so cool to meet your group - we really enjoyed talking with you guys at the dessert party. If you guys ever want to meet up at the parks let me know as I think we would all have a great time! :sohappy:

rainfully

Were you the "Rain" with Spence? Yep! That was me and yes again to the umbrella! That's my son Tim and my friend's daughter Shayna you were with! They had a blast with your group. We LOVE Spence! He apparently loved his Figment we got him!

Yep that's me! It was absolutely hillarious... I think there were 5 or 6 of us huddled under that umbrella! And yes, Spence is definitely grateful for his Figment! :) Tell Tim and Shayna I said hello! :)

Crazy4WDW1

Yep that's me! It was absolutely hillarious... I think there were 5 or 6 of us huddled under that umbrella! And yes, Spence is definitely grateful for his Figment! :) Tell Tim and Shayna I said hello! :)

LOL . . . . I was crying hearing about that! It was too funny to picture! I will tell them you said hi. Tim posts to these boards as well, so you will probably hear from him as well.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
:lol::lol: The lady in front of me with the Green Bay backpack was a little too close for comfort - the pack kept rubbing on me because she was a very animated person. Also she kept saying she would not be in the crowd except that she wanted to get a picture of the ceremony for a friend. She did leave before it all started - that was good because I don't mind suffering with die-hards but not with civilians. :king:
yep, there was a guy sitting infront of me on JIYI that was telling his wife and friends "man, i didnt know that there was some celebration today, if so, we would have avoided this park like the plague". i wish they had, less wait time. :D

I was trying to warn my BFF today about planning a trip with me. I told her she has never done anything like go to Disney with someone who is obsessed. She thinks it's a joke, but I told her about the site and how I just like to play with prices and dates on-line. She was shocked. It was like she met a whole new person today. She had no idea.
huh, i just realized your from alabama. hello fellow alabamian. :wave:

Thanks Richard!

How old is your oldest?
16, those are good pics he posted. thaks master yoda

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom