**Official "Celebration 25 Memories DVD" information thread**

TheBeatles

I got mine today!

Hope everyone else got theirs in one piece.

I enjoyed the DVD very much. It was awesome to see the events and people of Oct. 1 all over again.

PS

I'm at 40.21 on the October 1 section. You'll know me when you see it.

Figment1986

I'm on the radio listening to myself in headphones all the time... lol i sound bad

FYI...during the history walks.. while he is talking about communicore closing and innoventions coming my DVD player restarts the disc... might only be my player or disc... but i can go ahead of that point in time and not restart...

edit: at imagination... brilliant editing showing just how many people were riding it, with ride clips spliced in...

Matpez

Original Poster
FYI...during the history walks.. while he is talking about communicore closing and innoventions coming my DVD player restarts the disc... might only be my player or disc... but i can go ahead of that point in time and not restart...

So I looked into this and it appears there is some sort of programming glitch in the disc structure.
Here is what happens, instead of advancing through the chapter marker (like normally happens) the disc is getting confused and starting over.
Although it isn't great, it is possible as you mentioned, to chapter directly to the "Fountain of Nations" history walk and continue without issue.
The disc only has an issue with playing through that chapter point, so everything else is fine, and you don't miss anything.
I have checked different copies and found some that don't do this, so I will make all new copies from those.
Interesting... :brick:

BSikor

I just got mine today and I'm throwing it (gently) into the DVD player as we speak. I can't wait!

By the way, Martin, make sure to look me up when you get to town. I still owe you a pint!

imamouse

I just got home and found my DVD waiting for me! I can't get it into the DVD player fast enough. Thanks to Adam, Jenn, Jason, etc for giving us an such a fantastic event and to all who contributed to the DVD. A special thanks to Matt for editing it down to size - it couldn't have been easy. I can't wait to watch it, so bye for a while :wave: .

Figments Friend

Hey gang..

Just wanted to stop by and congratulate Matt on finishing this massive project....so many have been looking forward to this release and i am sure you can now take a well deserved break!

So a great big THANK YOU, and a big CONGRATS too Matt ! I don't have to see a single frame to know what you have done is WONDERFUL......i already know that your work will be bringing joy to thousands of fans and C25 Attendees alike.

Happy viewing, everyone!

:wave:

Jekyll_Baker

Got mine today also, and just finished watching it. Great job Matt - ThankS!!!

I also had the chapter skip "problem" at about 46 minutes (John just starting to talk about the fountain), but I just skipped a couple seconds forward when I got back to that point and no problems after that.

Once again, thanks for the hard work and the chance to remember the day. It was also kinda fun to count how many times I could find myself :) (at least 6 1/2).

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I received my copy today and just watched it all! Very well done and also, some of the classic footage I have never seen before (on video I mean), especially some of the communicore stuff up close, really brought back memories!

I guess the only thing I wished I could have seen was the craziness we had in the Soarin' queue before we boarded, but I don't know if anyone was filming that lunacy. :lookaroun

wannabeBelle

Hey there Matt, I think I ran into a bigger problem. I got the the Fountain spot and had the same issue everyone else did. I messed with it and got it to continue, so that was fine. I made it all the way up to the Rain segment of the DVD with the footage from Marni and it just stopped!!!!! I cant get it to go no matter what I try, including skipping to the next chapter!!! Please help!!!! Belle

Disney_Freak429

Matt, I got mine today & will be watching it soon. I will let you know what I think & if there is any issues with skipping on mine at all. *crosses fingers there isn't*

Matpez

Original Poster

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Mine came today...watching it now. It makes me feel the teeniest tiniest bit better about not being able to actually BE there for the 25th. :eek:

Great work! Thank you so much! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom