October 3rd & 4th Hoopla?

disneydiva72

Why do a birthday 6-7 weeks early?

Because if they are indeed turning into a special (which I would not doubt) then it takes that long to edit and get it together.

I would certainly think they would film her "birthday" weeks before her real birthday because lets face it, do you really think she wants to spend her sweet 16 at Disney? I doubt it, she will be on some far off island on a beach having a "grown up" party and taking pictures of herself in her undies again.

I also doubt she is "paying" anything, they will make enough money off of the TV special (if thats what they are doing)

KevinPage

Okay, I'm confused (and a bit lazy).

WDW website still shows MK as of today:

Friday 3rd - 9am - 7pm
Saturday 4th - 9am - 9pm
Sunday 5th - 9am - 7pm

Sooooo, we have 2 other sets if closing times for the 4th: what a CSR said (3pm) and what someone else is stating it has been changed to (7pm) but with no actual confirmation of either :confused::confused::confused:

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

WildLodgeFan

Because if they are indeed turning into a special (which I would not doubt) then it takes that long to edit and get it together.

I would certainly think they would film her "birthday" weeks before her real birthday because lets face it, do you really think she wants to spend her sweet 16 at Disney? I doubt it, she will be on some far off island on a beach having a "grown up" party and taking pictures of herself in her undies again.

I also doubt she is "paying" anything, they will make enough money off of the TV special (if thats what they are doing)

My daughter wanted to spend her sweet 16 at the world! But then, she doesn't make a million of gazillion dollars either. :lol:

New2WDW

Original Poster
Okay, I'm confused (and a bit lazy).

WDW website still shows MK as of today:

Friday 3rd - 9am - 7pm
Saturday 4th - 9am - 9pm
Sunday 5th - 9am - 7pm

Sooooo, we have 2 other sets if closing times for the 4th: what a CSR said (3pm) and what someone else is stating it has been changed to (7pm) but with no actual confirmation of either :confused::confused::confused:

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

OK I called the Disney Dining line again and talked with a lovely Cast Member and told her I was trying to find out what was going on due to my reservation, itinerary, etc and she searched for info and emailed someone else to find that "ALL OF THE MAGIC KINGDOM WILL CLOSE FOR A SPECIAL EVENT AT 3 PM" and that she as well as the other person she emailed said they had no more information on it nor did they know when any more information would be available. This cast member sounded like she did not even know it was closed until I called and she was checking into it. I asked her if she knew if the people in the park had to leave, etc when this started and she did not see how they could make people leave that just bought a full day ticket. She also found no where else that listed this closure except when she tried to get a reservation for dinner after that time.

So it is OFFICIAL that there is an UNOFFICIAL closure of the MK at 3 pm for the whole park.

Now I question why they have not made it public that this will happen unless they do not want a bunch of people rushing into the park. So now I am curious as to what is going on and with no official word from Disney that I might want to go to the park that day! Less than 2 months out and no word of what is going on other than Hoopla!:lol:

RiversideBunny

Dear Ms. Crofton:

Hello and Hoopla !
Are you aware that someone is closing your Magic Kingdom Park at 3 pm on October 3rd and 4th?
I thought you might want to be alerted so you can check it out.
No one at WDW seems to know why. Maybe there is an outside force at work.
We have heard that Harry Potter is moving into Universal Studios.

Maybe one of your senior cast members has gone berserk and is operating in a renegade manner.
You might want to call a staff meeting right away.

Oh- Also there's a new tower being built at the Contemporary Resort that you might want to investigate, too.
No one seems to know why it's there or what it's for, or even if it really exists.

Thank you,
Have a magical day.

Your friend,
Ray Kinsella

JWG

Sorry all... I've decided to have my 31 and 7/12th birthday at the MK. That was the date that had the best discount airfare so what are you going to do right?

With the price of gas you have to be selective about when you reservice a mass theme park locale. You know what I'm saying? I couldn't find another venue that would accommodate my 200,000 closer personal friends.

I would think if Miley was having her "sweet 16" at MK, they could appropriately control crowds without a full park closure. I'd almost think you'd want some level of crowd as it's unbelievable the park would be empty... Unless Miley really is inviting 200,000 of her closest and personal friends.

MousDad

Dear Ms. Crofton:

Hello and Hoopla !
Are you aware that someone is closing your Magic Kingdom Park at 3 pm on October 3rd and 4th?

Maybe one of your senior cast members has gone berserk and is operating in a renegade manner.

Oh- Also there's a new tower being built at the Contemporary Resort that you might want to investigate, too.
No one seems to know why it's there or what it's for, or even if it really exists.

Thank you,
Have a magical day.

Your friend,
Ray Kinsella

:sohappy:

krankenstein

Dear Ms. Crofton:

Hello and Hoopla !

Thank you,
Have a magical day.

Your friend,
Ray Kinsella

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

That's great!

mickeysaver

I just found out that the new Disney movie Beverly Hills Chihuahua was supposed to have been released on 09/26/08, but it seems now the release date is 10/03/08.

Has MK gone to the dogs?

Discuss. :ROFLOL:

KaliSplash

Disney has handled special events both with the public present and without. They closed Disney-MGM at 3 p.m. (the whole park) for the 1992 media bash in October that included opening of Splash Mountain and to premier the new Aladdan parade and Pleasure Island. And yes, it was Disney MGM they closed. And yes, they emptied the park before admitting the media for an evening of fun around 5 p.m. or so. Second night was at PI, which was closed to public.

On the other hand, as I recall the MK and Epcot were open when they did the media opening for Mickey's Birthdayland, Norway and the Grand Floridian hotel in 1988. (although Mickey's Birthdayland and Norway itself were closed for the actual media events themselves and the hotel was restricted to media types.)

It's not unusal for them to rent parks or sections of parks out for special events, too. And if they are doing Miley's Sweet 16 party, they would want time to edit, post production, etc.

New2WDW

Original Poster
Disney has handled special events both with the public present and without. They closed Disney-MGM at 3 p.m. (the whole park) for the 1992 media bash in October that included opening of Splash Mountain and to premier the new Aladdan parade and Pleasure Island. And yes, it was Disney MGM they closed. And yes, they emptied the park before admitting the media for an evening of fun around 5 p.m. or so. Second night was at PI, which was closed to public.

On the other hand, as I recall the MK and Epcot were open when they did the media opening for Mickey's Birthdayland, Norway and the Grand Floridian hotel in 1988. (although Mickey's Birthdayland and Norway itself were closed for the actual media events themselves and the hotel was restricted to media types.)

It's not unusal for them to rent parks or sections of parks out for special events, too. And if they are doing Miley's Sweet 16 party, they would want time to edit, post production, etc.

But on these past events does anyone know if they ever told people ahead of time they were closing a park/resort/etc or didi they just close it then and there?

KevinPage

Now I question why they have not made it public that this will happen unless they do not want a bunch of people rushing into the park. So now I am curious as to what is going on and with no official word from Disney that I might want to go to the park that day! Less than 2 months out and no word of what is going on other than Hoopla!:lol:

Thanks. Disney, to prevent people complaining and such, will just post signs all over outside the park of the 3pm closure. Seems pretty typical of what they've done in the past.

Why draw attention to it and have people who purchased weeklong pases know and give them a chance to complain about the reduced "value".

If something happens a day or two ahead of time, less time for GP to think about it and get annoyed. Can't really blame them I guess (Disney).

Mr.EPCOT

Thanks. Disney, to prevent people complaining and such, will just post signs all over outside the park of the 3pm closure. Seems pretty typical of what they've done in the past.

Yeah, that's usually what they do, like at the Parties. But even still, there'll be those Guests who do absolutely no planning and just assume the park will be open as late as they want. Then they find some poor Cast Member and ream them with "Why didn't anyone tell me the frakking park would close at frakking 3 PM when I bought these frakking tickets!?," which of course, they bought several weeks prior.

That's exactly what I was thinking...no way she's paying for a private party...I'm sure with all the money she makes for WDC, they're more than happy to have her "Sweet 16" party there (and have the rights to film it, etc...)

MousDad

Yeah, that's usually what they do, like at the Parties. But even still, there'll be those Guests who do absolutely no planning and just assume the park will be open as late as they want. Then they find some poor Cast Member and ream them with "Why didn't anyone tell me the frakking park would close at frakking 3 PM when I bought these frakking tickets!?," which of course, they bought several weeks prior.

Are you saying that Disney is not obligated to put it on their calendar, but should just drop it on guests the day of?

RiversideBunny

If they already know for sure that they are going to close the MK early on those days, then why not show that on the official park hours calendar?

That would be a common courtesy to the guests.

:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom