October 3rd & 4th Hoopla?

nicnic

IF this is a closure for a private party, i wonder what amount of $$$$ the person in question would be paying compared to how much disney would make on MNSSHP tickets?!?

IlikeDW

What is guest limit for MNSSHP

IF this is a closure for a private party, i wonder what amount of $$$$ the person in question would be paying compared to how much disney would make on MNSSHP tickets?!?

I read somewhere that 30,000(can anyone confirm) is the max tickets sold per MNSSHP?

If that is correct

30,000 times say $50 avg =$1,500,000 on sold out night maybe half that for the early ones?
Of course for a birthday party Disney could probably save quite a bit on reduced staffing

DTM93

I never thought of it like this but maybe just maybe with High School Musical 3 will be about to open near that date they might have the premiere in WDW? Doesn't sound right though.

New2WDW

Original Poster
Like me. I was only going from Oct 1st to the morning of the 5th. I'm driving down from Long Island (about 19 hours) leaving on Monday the 29th with my boyfriend and hoping to take our time going down, spending the night in some state then continuing the next day, but due to the cancelation of our Oct. 3 MNSSHP we are leaving on the 29th at 7pm and driving all through the night to make it to the Sept 30th MNSSHP. We only have 3 day park hoppers because we are doing Universal on Thursday. So my days at the parks are Wed / Fri / Sat. Now its a half a day on Saturday. Come on.

I hope you are able to work around this craziness! Good luck and have a great trip.

Still no additional news from Disney.

WDWFigment

I read somewhere that 30,000(can anyone confirm) is the max tickets sold per MNSSHP?

If that is correct

30,000 times say $50 avg =$1,500,000 on sold out night maybe half that for the early ones?
Of course for a birthday party Disney could probably save quite a bit on reduced staffing

While they'd save money on staffing, I imagine the amount they'd lose on merchandise sales and food would be far greater.

RSoxNo1

I've been told that 45 episodes is the magic number for syndication, and they're already at that. I'm guessing Season three would probably be the last season, and then they'll come up with something else for Mylie Cyrus to do within the company (parking lot attendant, imagineer, or bellhop are available).

darthjohnny

I've been told that 45 episodes is the magic number for syndication, and they're already at that. I'm guessing Season three would probably be the last season, and then they'll come up with something else for Mylie Cyrus to do within the company (parking lot attendant, imagineer, or bellhop are available).

I believe the old number was 65 episodes, but that rule was finally broken with That's So Raven. Now, if a show is popular and the cast is willing to do it, they go on longer. From what I understand, Disney has Miley signed for at least two more years, so if Disney decides to continue on, Miley will still be Hannah Montana for quite some time.

If it is a Miley birthday thing, you have to factor in all the publicity they'd get, into how much she is/would be paying for the park. there's far more value in that than what their halloween party gives them.

Disneyfan1981

Not to mention that if the Miley B-Day bash turns out to be a success with minimal problems I'm sure you'll hear more stars trying to book the place for similar events. The business model is any positive source of revenue is a good one. Hopefully this is a rare event and not the soon to be norm.

princess17

Unless Disney invited Miley to celebrate her birthday there to kick off this new "Magical Celebrations" themeing thing for next year, she would probably have to pay them quite a bit.

If you think about it, they sell up to 30,000 or so tickets to MNSSHP if they were to sell out. Multiply that by the price of the tickets, an approx. amt. of money they get from people dining, and shopping, and disney is making quite a bit of money for these parties. Now, for them to cancel this and give up all that money, Miley cyrus would have to be paying them a lot of money plus her birthday is still quite a bit away.

I still don't see Disney closing down just for her. They will be dissappointing thousands of people and it wouldn't look good on their behalf. So, I'm not sure I even think that is what is going on here. It's still just speculation.

But, its gotta be something big or important.

DTM93

I believe the old number was 65 episodes, but that rule was finally broken with That's So Raven. Now, if a show is popular and the cast is willing to do it, they go on longer. From what I understand, Disney has Miley signed for at least two more years, so if Disney decides to continue on, Miley will still be Hannah Montana for quite some time.

Yeah, she said in the News a few days go that Disney are just going to carry on with the Hannah Montana series even if it breaks the 65 episode limit as there is plans for a third and fourth series.

Mr.EPCOT

I can confirm that there is no availibility at any of the Magic Kingdom restaurants past 3:45 PM on October 4th due to some sort of special event. However, I have no information beyond that.

nicnic

Why do people care? Disney is a business, and this girl is a money making machine for them.

True, We all moan on about the closures but its not like were going to say 'well i'm never going back there again'!! we just have our little gripe and save for the next trip!

New2WDW

Original Poster
I can confirm that there is no availibility at any of the Magic Kingdom restaurants past 3:45 PM on October 4th due to some sort of special event. However, I have no information beyond that.

Good, a confirmation about the 4th! I still have not received any more info.
I just want to know what's going on so I can work my vacation around the event(s)!

onetimeDisney

only time

True, We all moan on about the closures but its not like were going to say 'well i'm never going back there again'!! we just have our little gripe and save for the next trip!

But I am not ever going back.... this is my one and only trip with my 13, 11 and 6yo... How can we make plans and ADR's if they keep changing things...

Elizabeth

KevinPage

Glad I checked this thread as the wife and I are going for the 4th & 5th. Looks like I'll just do MK on the 5th to avoid any problems/annoyances.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom