October 3rd & 4th Hoopla?

New2WDW

Original Poster
OK, this is what I found out:

I called the WDW-Dine line and told the lady I had to rework my dinner ADR for October 4th due to a message I received from Disney. She at first said she knew nothing about the dinner cancellation and after a few minutes on hold she came back on reading me what the computer said....the MK park will be closing from 3 pm on for a special event. So I went ahead and changed my dinner to a lunch at Tony's. Now I will probably cancel that reservation and not go to the MK that day if they are in fact going to close that early. I can not hop due to only having base tickets.

That's all the info I could get.

wickedfan07

Wait...they told you the park was closing at 3 PM? As in, there would not even be a 3:00 parade that day? As in, the park would need to open at 6 or 7 AM to make up for the lost time?

I'm sorry, but opening from 9-3 only would be a complete riip off for regular paying guests. She'd better be paying a whole lot of money for that park.

New2WDW

Original Poster
Wait...they told you the park was closing at 3 PM? As in, there would not even be a 3:00 parade that day? As in, the park would need to open at 6 or 7 AM to make up for the lost time?

I'm sorry, but opening from 9-3 only would be a complete riip off for regular paying guests. She'd better be paying a whole lot of money for that park.

Yes, they read off of something that the park would be closing at 3 pm!
I could not believe it either. They may as well close it for the day.

Rob562

Yes, they read off of something that the park would be closing at 3 pm!
I could not believe it either. They may as well close it for the day.

I don't know if the calendar has always said this, but the current calendar online for October 4th says the MK is closring at 9PM, which in itself is an oddity, as the two Saturdays before it have closing times of 10PM and Midnight, and the two Saturdays after it are closing at 11PM.
(It also still has Spectro listed at 8PM and Wishes at 9)

I'm curious about the 3PM closure... I don't even think Disneyland closed that early for the Pirates premieres...
I'm wondering if the *park* isn't closing at 3PM but rather that Table Service places aren't serving dinner so that when they shut down and usher the Guests out of the park, there won't be any dining slowpokes lingering over dessert (because you can still be in a Table Service restaurant after park closing...)

Oh, and IMDB has Miley Cyrus' birthday listed as late November...

-Rob

New2WDW

Original Poster
I don't know if the calendar has always said this, but the current calendar online for October 4th says the MK is closring at 9PM, which in itself is an oddity, as the two Saturdays before it have closing times of 10PM and Midnight, and the two Saturdays after it are closing at 11PM.
(It also still has Spectro listed at 8PM and Wishes at 9)

I'm curious about the 3PM closure... I don't even think Disneyland closed that early for the Pirates premieres...
I'm wondering if the *park* isn't closing at 3PM but rather that Table Service places aren't serving dinner so that when they shut down and usher the Guests out of the park, there won't be any dining slowpokes lingering over dessert (because you can still be in a Table Service restaurant after park closing...)

Oh, and IMDB has Miley Cyrus' birthday listed as late November...

-Rob

I am pretty sure the lady on the phone at Disney Dining said the "Park" was closing at 3 pm. :shrug: Great research though! Very interesting indeed!

I wonder how crowded the other parks will be that day due to this closure and if anyone is planning on going anywhere they had better do it before early afternoon when people try to leave MK and go elsewhere!

MousDad

OK, this is what I found out:

I called the WDW-Dine line and told the lady I had to rework my dinner ADR for October 4th due to a message I received from Disney. She at first said she knew nothing about the dinner cancellation and after a few minutes on hold she came back on reading me what the computer said....the MK park will be closing from 3 pm on for a special event. So I went ahead and changed my dinner to a lunch at Tony's. Now I will probably cancel that reservation and not go to the MK that day if they are in fact going to close that early. I can not hop due to only having base tickets.

If you're not hopping, I would definitely avoid that park entirely. If anyone is hopping, sounds like a good choice for 9:00 to 3:00, as the crowd will probably be thin as word of this gets out (which hopefully it will). Disney better post these hours on their website ASAP.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just playing devil's advocate here on the Miley Cirius birthday rumor. The date completley makes sense even if it is nearly 2 months early. Does anyone think Disney is not going to film their number one money makers sweet 16th birthday at their flagship park and turn it into a TV sepcial? If that is the case they will need time to turn the footage into said special. Sure, they could do it in less thant 2 months but the date in early October works betther than late October as the closer they get to Halloween the greater the attendance gets for MNSSHP.

mcstensrud

I am Confused:shrug:
I thought the Miley Cyrus B Day Party was on the 3rd?
What is up with the 4th?
Closing early both days?

djpoore94

It's only 2 hours earlier than they were already planning on screwing the guests that night.

The operational calendar on the "official" site says they were supposed to be open until 9:00 that night so closing at 3:00 would be 6 hours early.

New2WDW

Original Poster
I am Confused:shrug:
I thought the Miley Cyrus B Day Party was on the 3rd?
What is up with the 4th?
Closing early both days?

Exactly! Very confused here as well! The friday night MNSSHP cancelled and now early saturday closure? :hammer:Many rumors abound and so far no clear winner on any of them.

I am glad we are staying for 10 days (our longest stay ever :sohappy:) because during our stay I was already working around 5 MNSSHP events and now a park closure! :eek:

New2WDW

Original Poster
I thought it was a MNSSHP night.

Saturday night is not a MNSSHP. Thursday and Friday night are /were MNSSHP nights.

Just think if someone is going down to Disney around that weekend for a short stay! This would kill the trip being that MK is the Main park for most people. :zipit:

MousDad

Saturday night is not a MNSSHP. Thursday and Friday night are /were MNSSHP nights.

Just think if someone is going down to Disney around that weekend for a short stay! This would kill the trip being that MK is the Main park for most people. :zipit:

My bad, I thought the MNSSHP cancellation and the Miley Mayhem were referring to the same night. So I withdraw my earlier comment.

RiversideBunny

WDW's got some 'splaining to do.

At this point the early closures are impacting guests who already have reservations.
Disney needs to go ahead now and make an official announcent.

:king:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
As far as I know the 3rd is closing at 7pm (as originally planned ), but now not offering the Halloween Party.

The 4th is closing at 9pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom