Oct 1st - special surprises at MK?

drew81

Well, that's kind of a little bit of a let down, but ok.

Either way, if we do end up seeing some characters that are not too common for meet-and-greets in that group, I really do hope they'll be brought out for meet-and-greets after the special presentation at the castle concludes.

I would say a majority of them are normal park characters. You might see a few different ones though.

Admiral01

Premium Member
We will be there in the late afternoon/early evening after I am done at a conference today (work comes first). Will anything still be going on then? Either way, we want to at least try and set foot in the park for the 40th, just to say we were there.

mickeysaver

15-20 people from the castle, just saw Phil Holmes walking to castle. He was shaking hands and taking pics.

Yeah, I saw him in the area just inside the turnstiles this morning. I said a quick "Hello" and we discussed the day a little before he returned to keeping things moving, which good Lord, there were plenty of people and things to keep moving today. I was NOT expecting the size of the turnout to be as big as it was. (I know, foolish me.)

devoy1701

Was underwhelmed by the pyro, though I wasn't expecting much. They did perimeters added to the normal wishes (and actually did more than they normally do when shooting the perimeters, as in multiple shots from each perimeter launch) and went heavy on the finale. But there was absolutely no tag after the normal show. No commemorating the 40th. I think it was a missed opportunity.

JustInTime

I am rarely negative about WDW, but this entire celebration is such a joke. I am embarrassed. And it felt like a slap in the face to have Meg on stage saying Walt's name. *****

Jakester

Was underwhelmed by the pyro, though I wasn't expecting much. They did perimeters added to the normal wishes (and actually did more than they normally do when shooting the perimeters, as in multiple shots from each perimeter launch) and went heavy on the finale. But there was absolutely no tag after the normal show. No commemorating the 40th. I think it was a missed opportunity.

I actually liked the permiter fireworks added to Wishes.

But i agree, i wish they would of done a post-show for the 40th, with permiter

TP2000

I am rarely negative about WDW, but this entire celebration is such a joke. I am embarrassed. And it felt like a slap in the face to have Meg on stage saying Walt's name. *****

Eh.... When Walt passed away in late 1966, the plans for the Florida property he had just bought looked nothing like what would be there on opening day five years later in 1971. Since they really didn't do much of what he had planned, I don't think he'd care much.

This photo was from Walt's Epcot '66 film he taped in mid October, 1966, less than 60 days before he died.

WALT%252BDISNEY%252B1965.jpg

You can view a much larger version here.... http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kcOhS_A3t.../W3E9z1fBqx0/s1600-h/WALT%2BDISNEY%2B1965.jpg

Behind him is a map of the "amusement theme park" northern section of his property. And the theme park is just a cut-and-paste map of Disneyland circa 1965, right down to New Orleans Square and the Matterhorn and Storybookland. Where Bay Lake is was a winding campground, and there's a whole bunch of master-planned motels where the Seven Seas Lagoon would end up going.

Walt was jazzed about the Florida Project because he wanted his city of the future; EPCOT. The theme park was just the weenie at the northern end of the property, and when he died he was content to just have it be a cut-and-paste clone of Disneyland circa '65. He hadn't even begun thinking of what to do with the theme park that would become The Magic Kingdom, or Magic Kingdom Park as it is now officially known. :rolleyes:

Lunamis

WOW yesterday was packed! The line for the bakery was around the corner within 10 minutes of opening...lol..Loved the atmosphere...everyone decked out in Disney gear, general excitment- it was great!

The maps were very cute with the original map in the foldout and the buttons were a nice touch. Since I didn't go in with much expectation I wasn't dissappointed by the speach or cavalcade. It was adeqautely promoted imo...

If I get a chance I will post some pics of the cavalcade after work.

Jakester

WOW yesterday was packed! The line for the bakery was around the corner within 10 minutes of opening...lol..Loved the atmosphere...everyone decked out in Disney gear, general excitment- it was great!

The maps were very cute with the original map in the foldout and the buttons were a nice touch. Since I didn't go in with much expectation I wasn't dissappointed by the speach or cavalcade. It was adeqautely promoted imo...

If I get a chance I will post some pics of the cavalcade after work.

That night had to be the most packed i have ever seen for wishes at magic kingdom, we were literally shoulder to shoulder, even getting in was very packed. Very busy, yet fun day at magic kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom