Oct 1st - special surprises at MK?

Slugger

I'm here for the week. I believe Sunday, the crane was folded down by 4ish and not too bad. The other days it has been up which I find strange. Why not just fold it down each morning after they work on it?

They are working on installing the lights during the day. If the crane is up then they are installing lights. They have been working on the backside of the Castle for the past week installing the lights.

devoy1701

All we know is that we will have perimeter fireworks? So it's going to be wishes with perimeters? They could have atleast said there would be a special finale tag on the show or something. I'm still hopeful but now going to expect much. :brick:

mickeysaver

Best that I can tell when you add it all up....
1.) There is supposed to be a special 40th Anniversary Cupcake, price undisclosed as of yet, so it could cost $0-$4 at best guestimate.
2.) There are rumored things to be happening to surprise guests at the Emporium on Main Street. No word officially on what or when or how, if anything, but multiple rumors from different folks that know different folks that work there that something is happening.
3.) There will be a special t-shirt for sale that will only be offered for sale on Saturday for the folks that are there in the MK.
4.) There will many special commemorative pins released for sale at the MK on Saturday.
5.) There will be several Disney artists on hand for signings of their wares at various locations throughout the day.
6.) At 9:45 AM there will be a character flood/parade up Main Street followed by a trolley. The parade will end at the castle stage where Meg Crofton is to speak and if I am interpreting the info correctly, the Dapper Dans will be leading the crowds in a Sing A Long. There will be a little daytime pyro thrown in for good measure.
7.) Wishes will be performed as usual, but there will be perimeter fireworks, which means that there should be a special finale added onto the end of the usual show.

So far, that is all that I have been able to piece together.

Has anyone been to an anniversary event before and know if they normally have at least a few of each of the special pins left over by the time the wristbands become invalid? I won't be able to get to the park until right before/after rope drop, so its unlikely they will still have wristbands, but the stitch pin is one I really want to get for my little brother

figmentsfan1982

cupcakes!! mmmmm......
Still I don't think The Walt Disney will really do much for the 40th anniversary except for new merchandise, and some special food, or fireworks. i think it will be more fans celebrating the 40th than Disney itself. Who know it's this saturday maybe a surprise is imminent? :shrug:

jakeman

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty disappointed they aren't doing exactly what I think they should be doing for this anniversary. :lookaroun

figmentsfan1982

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty disappointed they aren't doing exactly what I think they should be doing for this anniversary. :lookaroun
Come to think of it, did Disneyland really have a 40th anniversary celebration? I think Disney really doesn't acknowledge 40th anniversaries to be "big"

WDWhumanmap

geez, give them a little more credit than THAT.

...it'll cost a snack credit on your dining plan.

plus another $10 and $20 if off dining plan LOL!

Seriously, though and no offense, in anyway, I will be quite shocked if they give away anything less then a commemorative map for free. If they do not ask me to pay for a cupcake or a souvenir glass or something...I think I might faint and then, when I come to... run and tell my friends!

WDWhumanmap

Come to think of it, did Disneyland really have a 40th anniversary celebration? I think Disney really doesn't acknowledge 40th anniversaries to be "big"

Yes, and in the likeness of DL if WDW 50th passes and all the Disney Theme Parks don't celebrate it or something BIG doesn't happen???
Disney will have to answer that's for sure and I am not the only one waiting to hear it.

BTW Welcome to the boards Figmentsfan! :wave: and thanks for bringing up a good point.

MKCP 1985

If I am not mistaken they did a year long celebration/marketing campaign.

are you thinking of the 50th anniversary, with all the golden touches?

or was there an earlier yearlong marketing campaign for the 40th?

50 is a much bigger deal than 40, but that isn't to say 40 isn't worthy of recognition.

Personally, the amount of recognition for WDW's 40th seems just about right. I have a friend down there who will get to enjoy the special fireworks show and has promised to bring me a park map. :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
are you thinking of the 50th anniversary, with all the golden touches?

or was there an earlier yearlong marketing campaign for the 40th?

50 is a much bigger deal than 40, but that isn't to say 40 isn't worthy of recognition.

Personally, the amount of recognition for WDW's 40th seems just about right. I have a friend down there who will get to enjoy the special fireworks show and has promised to bring me a park map. :)
Here is an article form the day.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050406fa.htm

WDWhumanmap

Now that Master Yoda bring it up it wasn't as big as 50 but it was close and lets not forget the 35th was celebrated with some crazy t.v. special believe it or not I just found my VHS tape with it on there.
AHH VHS more memories :sohappy:
Good going Master Yoda!:wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
fun! (but it doesn't answer the question of whether this was a year long celebration, or just a one-day event like Walt Disney World is having. :lookaroun )
I simply do not know for sure. I was under the impression that it was more than a 1 day event but I very well could be wrong.

Either way it is hard to compare DL and WDW for things like this. DL is more likely to do something like this because it brings locals to the park, it was the first Disney park, the majority of the suits are in Anaheim, etc. I'll wager that with what WDW will be doing it will be slightly better that a break even proposition for them.

MKCP 1985

I simply do not know for sure. I was under the impression that it was more than a 1 day event but I very well could be wrong.

Either way it is hard to compare DL and WDW for things like this. DL is more likely to do something like this because it brings locals to the park, it was the first Disney park, the majority of the suits are in Anaheim, etc. I'll wager that with what WDW will be doing it will be slightly better that a break even proposition for them.

I got to thinking . . . with all the D40 merchandise, the D23 Magazine spread on the 40 years of WDW, someone could look back at this someday and query whether Walt Disney World had a year long celebration. It has certainly been in the consciousness since January when I was there for marathon weekend and came home with some D40 swag which included a gold colored commemorative coin. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom