Oct 1st - special surprises at MK?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Need advice on this. We will be at the resort on the 1st (running in the wine and dine). We will also be at the MK at midnight the night before (mnsshp)

Do you think it would be worth it to limit our sleep to get to the park at 10am, or just skip the presentation and hope that some unique characters are out during the day.

I was wondering this as well, we were going to get up early Sat and drive over to be there by 10am for the presentation, but being that its an hour in half trip it means leaving pretty early and no one here really wants to try and make it into the park by 10, is it worth it? Or still okay to just arrive later and and enjoy part of the day and be able to say we were there on the 40th?
I plan on being at the park no later than 8 AM but that is just me. I know no more that you guys do but I would much rather be there early for no reason then get there late and miss something. Regardless of what happens I'll be in MK and that is pretty much better than being almost anywhere else on the planet.

Communicore

Are there any details that I have missed regarding the cupcake distribution? Like, where is it done, and more importantly, is it free?

asianway

I think with Meg there, don't count on free cupcakes(even though precedence has been set). They said "at the bakery", that tells me they will be $3-4 or a snack credit.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Are there any details that I have missed regarding the cupcake distribution? Like, where is it done, and more importantly, is it free?

As far as we are hearing the special cupcakes are available for purchase at the Confectionary (most likely the bakery as well). I imagine these will be similar to the cupcakes they sold for the Studios 25th aniversary.

etwtec

They should run Spectro along with the MSEP just for the 40th :) Spectro is just sitting backstage anyway so it seems... So why not?

MaryJaneP

My guess as to why they won't run Spectro along with MSEP is that CM's probably haven't rehearsed it in over a year. Wish they would though.

menamechris

I would be surprised if they could run three separate parades in one day. The float batteries have to be charged for close to 24 hours, I believe, and I am not sure they have enough hook-ups and juice to charge three parades.. :shrug:

TTA94

I know many have said a new daytime parade is completely out of the question as info would have leaked by now, however I have to wonder if it Could actually be possible for every CM, Performer, Etc to be so tight lipped about something so major happening like a new parade debuting on Oct 1st? Highly unlikely I know haha.

Can you imagine the reaction of fans expecting to see Celebrate A Dream Come True and having a brand new parade roll out!

jakeman

As far as we are hearing the special cupcakes are available for purchase at the Confectionary (most likely the bakery as well). I imagine these will be similar to the cupcakes they sold for the Studios 25th aniversary.
Well crap.

Looks like most folks have already assumed that the cupcakes were free.

I guess we should all brace ourselves for some angry cupcake post on October 2nd.

jrh1985

I don’t think that CADCT is going anywhere soon. From what I saw from a clip on Youtube of the parade yesterday, the streamers are back on the back of Mickey’s float. Another thing I thought was odd was that the Fab 7 was in regular clothes, and the parade started in Town Square and it didn’t look like there was any bad weather around.
Here’s the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i_7rP9HD0w

devoy1701

Do you guys think it's going to be worth driving over there on the evening of the 1st to catch the fireworks from the Poly? Do you expect the show to be of higher caliber than the July 4th show or Hard Ticket Shows? I don't want to waste my time with a trip out there since we don't have valid passes anymore and we end up seeing something like we've seen hundreds of times in the past.

smk

Do you guys think it's going to be worth driving over there on the evening of the 1st to catch the fireworks from the Poly? Do you expect the show to be of higher caliber than the July 4th show or Hard Ticket Shows? I don't want to waste my time with a trip out there since we don't have valid passes anymore and we end up seeing something like we've seen hundreds of times in the past.

I was thinking the very same thing. We are going to be there anyway, just avoiding MK that day (too crowded? :shrug:), but we will at least position ourselves to see the fireworks. I was think of the beach at FW but the POLY would work well too. I don't know if they will have special fireworks or not :shrug:, I hope they do!

I am still disappointed. Because of the running events, we don't have any way to be there early (for the show) or late (for the fireworks). Maybe they should have held the race on a different day.

:shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am still disappointed. Because of the running events, we don't have any way to be there early (for the show) or late (for the fireworks). Maybe they should have held the race on a different day.

:shrug:
Being an out of shape sloth finally paid off!:lol:

menamechris

I haven't heard anything specifically, but my gut is telling me to just expect perimeter fireworks for the finale. Given the lack of promotion for all things October 1, I don't think they would go out of their way and spend the money to produce something special...

devoy1701

I haven't heard anything specifically, but my gut is telling me to just expect perimeter fireworks for the finale. Given the lack of promotion for all things October 1, I don't think they would go out of their way and spend the money to produce something special...

that is disappointing. I thought someone on here had mentioned that a special fireworks display was happening this Saturday. I was hoping for a special show instead of just Wishes with Perimeters on the finale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom