O'Canada - new film!!!!

csm

Cheap, and very expensive - the copyrights contract stipulates it can only be shown in France. There`s so many films used and copied in it, it was a nightmare to get all the required clearences just for the WDSP version. See ya at Skyscrapers.com!

Sorry for the drift....

Beyond the reasons you list, it still wouldn't be cheap at all. The theather for one is not tall enough to house the mechanics for the sword effect, and it would require ripping open the roof and adding onto the structure. Beyond the fact that I'd imagine something that large would cost a few bucks - not like, E-ticket budget but it's not like just putting in a new film to an existing projector by any stretch of the imagination.

I *wish* it was easy. I absolutely loved Cinemagique. It really took me by surprise - especially considering that I almost skipped it. It's a fantastic attraction that I'd love to see at one of the US parks - and honestly, I'd hope they keep the key dialogue in French if they do it - that's one of the biggest parts of the whole bit.

lentesta

Premium Member
I suppose it would be terribly cliche to have Bob & Doug MacKenzie do the narration, right?

Although having Rush work their way through the theme song would be awesome. Can you imagine the bass and drums in the theater? Heck, you'd need liability insurance! It would be ... wait for it ... legendary.

Speaking of Alanis, has anyone seen her version of "My Humps" on YouTube? Dude. Really.

Len

jiminy.cricket

I suppose it would be terribly cliche to have Bob & Doug MacKenzie do the narration, right?

Although having Rush work their way through the theme song would be awesome. Can you imagine the bass and drums in the theater? Heck, you'd need liability insurance! It would be ... wait for it ... legendary.

Speaking of Alanis, has anyone seen her version of "My Humps" on YouTube? Dude. Really.

Len

OMG! I love that video! I was like, no way!

ToTBellHop

Apparently Canadians also can't take jokes. The entire world mocks out America every day, and you don't see me getting bent out of shape. For your information, I have been to Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto, all of which are gorgeous cities and I am quite the fan of our friendly neighbors to the north--Niagara Falls isn't too bad, either, though a little too touristy. If you are going to get all bent out of shape about a joke about Canada being pretty cold, let's hope you never have a Prime Minister hated as much as our President and become the laughing stock of the world. If you want to call me arrogant and ignorant based on a clearly jocular post on a WDW fan web forum, fine. I've been accused of worse.

Back on topic, glad to hear about this. The film has needed an update for years. Now they can show the SkyDome...errrr...Rogers Centre...they could even show the fast ferry from Rochester, NY to Toronto...oh wait.

scottnj1966

Here's Homer Simpson in the background saying "mmm.....Beaver Tails.....ok, strawberries and cream please.:rolleyes: " Lord, our family misses the Beaver Tails!!

I love going and watching the O'canada movie, but time for a change. It is the original movie and soundtrack since it's beginning, isn't it? Change is good sometimes, and here's it would be true.

How coem they never open it anymore. The last few times it was closed :( I need some beaver tail hahahaa

Baums101

So just found out some info on the new O'Canada film. It will have approx 50% new footage and sounds like they will be keeping the song. Just sung by someone from Canada who was on some tv show up there. But the most intresting news is they are going to do like Reflections of China and have a on screen host. I didn't catch who it was:lookaroun but they said he has appered in other film based attractions at Epcot, Disney-MGM, and Disney Studios Paris and he is from Canada. So it looks like that week long closer might in fact be the change over!!!!!!

J
Oh Canada!!!

wdwfan22

Apparently Canadians also can't take jokes. The entire world mocks out America every day, and you don't see me getting bent out of shape. For your information, I have been to Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto, all of which are gorgeous cities and I am quite the fan of our friendly neighbors to the north--Niagara Falls isn't too bad, either, though a little too touristy. If you are going to get all bent out of shape about a joke about Canada being pretty cold, let's hope you never have a Prime Minister hated as much as our President and become the laughing stock of the world. If you want to call me arrogant and ignorant based on a clearly jocular post on a WDW fan web forum, fine. I've been accused of worse.

Back on topic, glad to hear about this. The film has needed an update for years. Now they can show the SkyDome...errrr...Rogers Centre...they could even show the fast ferry from Rochester, NY to Toronto...oh wait.

Well I think your joke was in bad taste and I'm not even Canadian. I also find your comments on American as being the laughing stock of the world as bad show. Please watch your words as this is a place for fun :wave:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
So just found out some info on the new O'Canada film. It will have approx 50% new footage

Wait....what?

So... they are only changing half of the film. :veryconfu
Whats the point then? Why not give us a whole new film? :shrug:

Blah... I'll still skip it then, I guess.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

I saw it as humour... :shrug:

Sadly, there are one or two of your countrymen who actually believe that it snows year-round... :rolleyes:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I saw it as humour... :shrug:

Sadly, there are one or two of your countrymen who actually believe that it snows year-round... :rolleyes:
Hold on a second there Monty! Do you mean to tell me that Strange Brew was not an accurate representation of life in Canada? Man I am crushed.:lol:

Captain Chaos

Well I think your joke was in bad taste and I'm not even Canadian. I also find your comments on American as being the laughing stock of the world as bad show. Please watch your words as this is a place for fun :wave:

Sad thing is, he is right... America is the laughing stock of the world... And we all know why.... but since this is a Disney site, and not a political one, i will refrain from mentioning Bush's name as the biggest joke ever played on the USA and the world in general....

As for teh Canadian movie, I have never seen it.... I think I'll have to check out the new version....

slappy magoo

Wait....what?

So... they are only changing half of the film. :veryconfu
Whats the point then? Why not give us a whole new film? :shrug:

Blah... I'll still skip it then, I guess.

My guess is that all the nature shots - areas which if anything probably look less beautiful now due to global warming - will be kept in the film, and urban shots & scenes with people will be changed so it looks less like a CBC production of Hans Brinker & the Silver Skates. Make Canada look more "hip" and less quaint.

bhg469

Hold on a second there Monty! Do you mean to tell me that Strange Brew was not an accurate representation of life in Canada? Man I am crushed.:lol:

L-O-L

I always found it funny that Canadians embrace their stereotypes quite well. Having grown up across the border and half my family is still there I definitely see differences between the 2 cultures.

Now I'm gonna get personal here and really get under the skin of all of Canada....

Tim hortons used to be good but now they are terrible!

There i said it!!! But i would still take them over Krappy Kreme anyday.

Figment1986

So, short gets removed from life, and returns to canada... Not bad, He could have an AA if timekeeper succeeded better.

So, in a related note, why can't they bring back Beaver Tails to EPCOT Canada?
Is it a secret family recipe that only one guy knows and he won't tell?

:slurp:

Only their dog knows... and he's not telling anyone ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom