O'Canada - new film!!!!

ToTBellHop

Sad thing is, he is right... America is the laughing stock of the world... And we all know why.... but since this is a Disney site, and not a political one, i will refrain from mentioning Bush's name as the biggest joke ever played on the USA and the world in general....

As for teh Canadian movie, I have never seen it.... I think I'll have to check out the new version....
yeah...one need only travel to Europe (heck...watch the nightly news) to see what the rest of the world thinks of America right now (read: what they think of America, not Americans--plenty of people still love Americans, just not America...there's a difference). And if you guys think that a joke about it being cold in Canada is the worst thing said here in ages, you really should get out more. And for the record, this IS a place to have fun.

Enjoy the snow :rolleyes:

ravensworth

Martin Short has always been a friend of the Mouse. They are making a film in World Showcase funny...what's the problem? Canada is a very funny place. Kinda like "hahahahahahahahahahahahah...why in God's name would anyone choose to live here?" Somewhere in Canada right now, it's snowing. Actually, everywhere in Canada. I actually took a few pics at Niagara Falls this past weekend:
American Falls:
Canadian Falls:

They still dress like it's 1910 in Canada, too...scary place

I hope you are joking...

ravensworth

ISTCNaivigator should try and get out of the lab a little a try reading a book on geography, It is not snowing here in Montreal today nor is it snowing in Vancouver,Calgary,Toronto,Edmonton Etc... I could go on but he should really learn a little before he speaks.It is mist on the falls not snow .And Connecticut is only a few hours south of Canada ,this moron thinks the weather changes as soon as you cross the border.Well I got news for you ,our country is every bit as beautiful as yours, and our beer is better.I always thought students from Yale had a certain class and manners but I guess I was wrong. When and if you ever visit Canada,I hope a Canadian grizzly bear poops in your corn flakes.My name is Chuckie and I AM Canadian. eh! :fork:

Ya it's 26C here and I'm looking forward to going up to my cottage and drinking CANADIAN beer on the dock while watching the snowmobiles , I mean the boats and wildlife go by. Nothing like the beauty of Northern Ontario. :wave:

bhg469

One thing i have noticed that all the kids up there seem to have dirty hair and stuffy noses. Its just odd.

dandaman

^^Would you believe it's actually 64 degrees? :lol:

I don't see why everyone's getting their beaver pelts in a bunch. I took the comments as a joke. :shrug:

^Only because we've imported all our Cold-FX to the States. :lookaroun

bhg469

Like i said canadians tend to embrace the stereotypes better tahn anyone else. Spend a day watching canadian television and you'll see that right away.

dandaman

^I suppose a lot of us do say "eh?" as opposed to "huh?!". :lookaroun

What other stereotypes do you see? I reside in what's pretty much the most southern point of Canada, and I'm interested to see which ones we embrace.

castlecake2.0

Just to add my toonie...

I think us, as Candians, need to come up with a better way to describe our culture, customs and traditions other than comparing them to that of the United States. Yes we do have different accents, different styles of government, and different social policies, but when you get right down to it we are really quite similar to Americans. Canadians need to think of what really defines us as people. Saying 'we say eh instead of huh' and have a Prime Minister instead of a President is not what really defines us a a people. We need to look to our roots and our past, and where we want to go, and decide what it is that makes us 'Canadian'.

bhg469

^I suppose a lot of us do say "eh?" as opposed to "huh?!". :lookaroun

What other stereotypes do you see? I reside in what's pretty much the most southern point of Canada, and I'm interested to see which ones we embrace.

Beer drinking, doughnut worshiping. Bob and Doug mckenzie are icons.

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.
L-O-L

I always found it funny that Canadians embrace their stereotypes quite well. Having grown up across the border and half my family is still there I definitely see differences between the 2 cultures.

Now I'm gonna get personal here and really get under the skin of all of Canada....

Tim hortons used to be good but now they are terrible!

There i said it!!! But i would still take them over Krappy Kreme anyday.

I agree Tim Hortons sucks, and if you like KK you should try Dunkin' Donuts even better.

Some of their descendants live near here, in Louisiana.
'Cajuns.

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"

:)

And some descentents still live here as ACADIANS. We might have similar names and faces, but boy have we got different food! And the music isn't quite the same, nor the language exactly.... Oh well we're still family!:kiss:

dandaman

Just to add my toonie...

I think us, as Canadians, need to come up with a better way to describe our culture, customs and traditions other than comparing them to that of the United States. Yes we do have different accents, different styles of government, and different social policies, but when you get right down to it we are really quite similar to Americans. Canadians need to think of what really defines us as people. Saying 'we say eh instead of huh' and have a Prime Minister instead of a President is not what really defines us as a people. We need to look to our roots and our past, and where we want to go, and decide what it is that makes us 'Canadian'.

Nor was I trying to.

As far as similarities, consider this: I just had my in-car driver's ed testing for a few hours. In one visible area, I counted 9 different US-based restaurants*. :lol: It's kind of hard not to compare ourselves to our southern neighbours when a lot of the culture makes its way across the border as is. :shrug:

Though you're right in that we have to look to the past to keep moving forward, as do we all, of course.

(Hey, this IS an Epcot thread still, right? :lookaroun)

Beer drinking, doughnut worshiping. Bob and Doug mckenzie are icons.

The last two I can understand a bit. However, even though our beer is usually at the centre of our stereotypes, I don't see a difference between how much beer either Canadians or Americans drink. :shrug:

*And 3 Tim Horton's, but I digress. :lookaroun

Connor002

Nor was I trying to.

As far as similarities, consider this: I just had my in-car driver's ed testing for a few hours. In one visible area, I counted 9 different US-based restaurants*. :lol: It's kind of hard not to compare ourselves to our southern neighbours when a lot of the culture makes its way across the border as is. :shrug:

Well, duh.
Canada is just the USA's little brother.
:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom