Obama speaking confirmed in new HOP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

disreport

Original Poster
Kinda surprised the film has been in the making 2 years out. I really thought they would just revamp the existing slightly.

The Mom

Premium Member
Things are getting a bit off topic, and straying into political (both current and past) territory. Perhaps we can all wait until it reopens before passing judgement? :lookaroun

jt04

Things are getting a bit off topic, and straying into political (both current and past) territory. Perhaps we can all wait until it reopens before passing judgement? :lookaroun

I agree. HoP should be non-partisan. I hope the folks writting the show don't throw in any partisan slant or subliminal jabs. Because if they do, it is on like Donkey Kong. :p

There are very few areas (unfortunately) where we just celebrate the greatness of America as Americans and the HoP should be one of them.

*waves flag*

hrcollectibles

Forget Obama, next US President: Morgan Freeman.

I'd rather have President Jackson.. Samuel L. Jackson..
All of his speeches would be yelling... It would be awesome...

Samuel Jackson: [shouts] No, I can't stop yelling, 'cause that's how I talk! Haven't you seen my movies? "Juice" That was a good one! "Deep Blue Sea" They ate me! A shark ate me!

hack2112

I'd rather have President Jackson.. Samuel L. Jackson..
All of his speeches would be yelling... It would be awesome...

Samuel Jackson: [shouts] No, I can't stop yelling, 'cause that's how I talk! Haven't you seen my movies? "Juice" That was a good one! "Deep Blue Sea" They ate me! A shark ate me!
"I am tired of these *explative* tourists in this *explative* theatre!"

jt04

Fair enough. I agree on the PC thing. I was more or less refering to the Civil War as a whole getting attention. I think it does deserves a lot of attention for the reasons previously mentioned. I guess what I am trying to say is that the original did not pay enough attention to the war, and the second version showed enough attention but focused too much on one aspect. I like AA's interpretation of the war.

I agree 100%. AA is perfect.

To me, HoP should be ALL about the ideals of the founding of the nation. Transcendent ideas that exceed those of imperfect human beings. Eternal ideas concerning human freedom that were realized through unbelieveable sacrafice.

AA emphasizes how those ideals shaped and continues to shape a nation.

So, HoP should be about a concept, not a history lesson.

AA is a history lesson based on those concepts. And, by the way, covers the Civil War as perfectly as is possible in such a presentation.

HoP should be about ideals that transcend even the people depicted on stage, who are just imperfect men (and someday women) charged with protecting those ideals.

That is how I see it anyway.

jt04

I agree 100%. AA is perfect.

To me, HoP should be ALL about the ideals of the founding of the nation. Transcendent ideas that exceed those of imperfect human beings. Eternal ideas concerning human freedom that were realized through unbelieveable sacrafice.

AA emphasizes how those ideals shaped and continues to shape a nation.

So, HoP should be about a concept, not a history lesson.

AA is a history lesson based on those concepts. And, by the way, covers the Civil War as perfectly as is possible in such a presentation.

HoP should be about ideals that transcend even the people depicted on stage, who are just imperfect men (and someday women) charged with protecting those ideals.

That is how I see it anyway.

Foreign Entanglements?:lookaroun:lol:

Appropriate. ;)

I would be intrested in you take on what I wrote here, notwithstanding how "youthful" and naive it may be.

Fun2BFree

I suppose it was too much to ask that a thread about an Obamanimatronic (yes, I've just coined that phrase) wouldn't become an off-topic political trainwreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom