Obama speaking confirmed in new HOP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilt Dasney

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YF0j69pAM7g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YF0j69pAM7g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
:lookaroun:D
If I'm not mistaken, Buchanan (Lincoln's predecessor) is sitting right behind him in the video.

Probably thinking something like "I'm so glad I lost that election. The job's taking such a toll this poor guy can't even keep his feet."

hardcard

I am 100% looking forward to the new show, including Obama speaking.. I didn't vote for him, but he IS my president, and the attraction deserves to continue this new tradition of having the current sitting president speaking..

Meanwhile, I am assuming in 4-8 years, when he is no longer president, there will some that will freak out because his speaking role will be removed to be replaced by the current sitting president at that time.. Don't be upset, it's part of the new tradition.. It won't be meant as a disgrace to him, as it's not a disgrace to Clinton or Bush to have their parts removed.... Just progress.... Keep moving forward :)

EPCOT Explorer

I am 100% looking forward to the new show, including Obama speaking.. I didn't vote for him, but he IS my president, and the attraction deserves to continue this new tradition of having the current sitting president speaking..

Meanwhile, I am assuming in 4-8 years, when he is no longer president, there will some that will freak out because his speaking role will be removed to be replaced by the current sitting president at that time.. Don't be upset, it's part of the new tradition.. It won't be meant as a disgrace to him, as it's not a disgrace to Clinton or Bush to have their parts removed.... Just progress.... Keep moving forward :)

THANK YOU!:lol::sohappy:

jt04

I don't know. Of course Disney made a good decision by recording an Obama speech. But if it turns out that it divides the audience, as it has at times with the last two presidents, then I think Obama will be the last current president to have a speech.

Just a hunch.

sarah91182

I don't know. Of course Disney made a good decision by recording an Obama speech. But if it turns out that it divides the audience, as it has at times with the last two presidents, then I think Obama will be the last current president to have a speech.

Just a hunch.

It will always divide audiences. It's based on one of the innumerable things that makes America great- to be able to HAVE a choice in what you believe in, especially politically. The tradition of the current president speak should continue. This last election was a powerful one. Hopefully Americans will treat each election with such vigor. Just like any other attraction in the park, if you want to experience it, then enjoy. If you don't want to go on it, then shorter wait times for me.

jt04

It will always divide audiences. It's based on one of the innumerable things that makes America great- to be able to HAVE a choice in what you believe in, especially politically. The tradition of the current president speak should continue. This last election was a powerful one. Hopefully Americans will treat each election with such vigor. Just like any other attraction in the park, if you want to experience it, then enjoy. If you don't want to go on it, then shorter wait times for me.

I think you totally miss the point. Disney does not mean for HoP to be about the sometimes messy aspects of democracy. They intend for it to be a celebration of America as a beacon of freedom. If allowing the current president to speak creates a non-Disney vibe with ugly name calling, hissing, and booing...then rest assured it will not be included in future shows.

The Mom

Premium Member
People just don't seem to be able to discuss the attraction without discussing the "politics" of those represented, both past and future. So, until the attraction opens, and perhaps people are able to critique the technical and thematic aspects rather than the personalities, this topic is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom