Numbers, Cars and Quality ...

Captain Chaos

Now I guess we can figure out how they will build Avatar... Card board cut outs of the plant life and background... Hey, it is much cheaper than, you know, actually building floating mountains and bio-illumanted plants...

Brewmaster

Where's the spirited change we have been promised? :(

Well, not promised, I know, but . . .

Our Spirited pal did say it would get much worse before it got better, so hang on to your hat because I feel we're about to crest a pretty big hill (especially early 2013 when the RFID gremlins are let loose).

disneyflush

It is so sad to see Disney sitting on record breaking profits and still reduced to asking themselves 'What else can we cut?' whenever a project is being planned or discussed that may make WDW a better place to visit.

SirLink

Where's the spirited change we have been promised? :(

Well, not promised, I know, but . . .
406856_10151113407906423_1793419643_n.jpg

alphac2005

This thread is just depressing. It's apparent that TDO only wants RSR WITH NO ROCKWORK, like many people initially thought. They're weaseling to get what they want. I would be shocked if Lasseter went along with this travesty. Cutting attractions, no Flo's, no rockwork, there's no way this could be called CarsLAND at DHS.

It sounds more like CarsSPOT at Pixar Place at DHS. Ahem.

disneyflush

Now I guess we can figure out how they will build Avatar... Card board cut outs of the plant life and background... Hey, it is much cheaper than, you know, actually building floating mountains and bio-illumanted plants...

They can put Avatarland in the Imagination Pavilion with an amazlingly detailed sign that reads, "Imagine, if you will, that there are floating mountains and glowing plants in this very room.."

Grumpy36

With all the talk of value engineering on carsland, I wonder if Lasseter has given his approval on it, or if he even knows about what TDO is talking about doing.

roodlesnouter

Shame on you Disney, how about value engineering your prices instead of over pricing us for a cheap product.

Oh well, at least Uni will have plenty of new quality new attractions in time foe my next trip, and more after that too. I have DVC but will have no problem renting points or commuting to other parks as Disney has given me no reason to return to theirs.

Have a magical day my .

With all the talk of value engineering on carsland, I wonder if Lasseter has given his approval on it, or if he even knows about what TDO is talking about doing.

Does he even have any power to stop this on the East Coast, Im not sure he does.. Maybe someone can answer who knows more.

alphac2005

What gets me about the Orlando management is the fact that they think that a stripped down version of an attraction(s) won't be noticed by customers. They can get away with these things when they are in far off in Tokyo and not seen by most here, but if you're going to do such altered and cheapened versions of things that are in Anaheim, are being widely regarded, visited by people from coast to coast and overseas, it speaks of this insular management that has a disease spread throughout it. That little thing called the Internet can get even the most casual of vacationers to see very quickly the differences between quality and garbage. You can't go cheap coast to other coast, but with these accounting wizards, they'll apparently do as they please.

If you strip nearly it all out, what the _____ is the point of even building it? I mean they have to spend capital, which they don't want to, and they don't seem to really care that the park is so under capacity in terms of attractions for guests.

They ought to just market Carsland in Orlando as, "Do you want to see you favorite Cars characters come to life? Just visit them while staying at the Art of Animation Resort, but remember, we don't build attractions... unless it's a meet 'n greet"

SirLink

What gets me about the Orlando management is the fact that they think that a stripped down version of an attraction(s) won't be noticed by customers. They can get away with these things when they are in Tokyo, but if you're going to do such altered and cheapened versions of things that are in Anaheim, are being widely regarded, visited by people from coast to coast and overseas, it speaks of this insular management that has a disease spread throughout it. That little thing called the Internet can get even the most casual of vacationers to see very quickly the differences between quality and garbage. You can't go cheap coast to other coast, but with these accounting wizards, they'll apparently do as they please.

If you strip nearly it all out, what the _____ is the point of even building it? I mean they have to spend capital, which they don't want to, and they don't seem to really care that the park is so under capacity in terms of attractions for guests.

They ought to just market Carsland in Orlando as, "Do you want to see you favorite Cars characters come to life? Just visit them while staying at the Art of Animation Resort, but remember, we don't build attractions... unless it's a meet 'n greet"

Just want to add even OLC knows you can't cheap out when there is a vision built into plans, so I doubt you'll get cardboard flats - if anything it'll be like DCA's version or better!

alphac2005

Just want to add even OLC knows you can't cheap out when there is a vision built into plans, so I doubt you'll get cardboard flats - if anything it'll be like DCA's version or better!

OLC knows quality, they know what their paying customer expects from them, and they give their guests value for their money. The full opposite of our friends in Orlando. It's unreal.

IWant2GoNow

This thread is just depressing. It's apparent that TDO only wants RSR WITH NO ROCKWORK, like many people initially thought. They're weaseling to get what they want. I would be shocked if Lasseter went along with this travesty. Cutting attractions, no Flo's, no rockwork, there's no way this could be called CarsLAND at DHS.

It IS depressing. I'm going to the UNI forum to cheer myself up. :eek:;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom