NuCitra Brainstorming Thread - Project Seven: A Splash of Placemaking

goofyyukyuk

So my notifications were off (I guess I never actually watched the thread) and was a bit worried that nobody posted yesterday, but I was out and about so never got around to actually popping in to check.

Anyway, yeah, La Porte is great and I’ll give it an (unneeded but still) unanimous vote.

What parts have not been claimed. I’d like to take some writing just since I don’t have much time for art currently as today I’m busy and thurs/fri I work
If @Pi on my Cake needs extra help with land development, that’s an option... other than that, presentation is about all I can think of outside of concept art. I can try some concept art (probably won’t be on Brer Panther’s level haha) and do the presentation if you want... I don’t think there’s any limit on how detailed you could be with land development, just depends on Pi, or if you can think of something that hasn’t been covered, that would work too!

NigelChanning

Since I’m handling Frog Mountain development, does anyone mind giving me a sort of description of what it is I’m writing about? Mickeyfan gave me a description that sounded a little like the goal of the entire prompt rather than my job individually.

goofyyukyuk

Since I’m handling Frog Mountain development, does anyone mind giving me a sort of description of what it is I’m writing about? Mickeyfan gave me a description that sounded a little like the goal of the entire prompt rather than my job individually.
I looked back at the original prompt... Tiki said you can talk about the facade, entrance, and queue and how those would fit into the area

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Just skimmed, will be at my computer soon to actually respond.

Totally cool splitting and sharing work with whoever!

Totally cool cutting Tiana's Place from our plans. It isn't a great fit for a bayou or La Porte set up anyways. Was just including it my pitches because I thought it was something we wanted and we had the space.

For the interactivr game, I think I'm a little confused. Is it a treasure hunt now? I was picturing something like Wilderness Explorers where you catalogue plants and animal tracks and stuff like that around the Rivers of America (like the stuff Lewis and Clark did).

If it is a treasure hunt, it it replacing the PotC one? If it is, are we going to reuse the infrastructure and have it be centered around Adventureland and not Rivers of America? Or are we expanding it to be both?

As far as the Riverboat goes, it is kind of gonna cause a congestion if we move it. I think with the La Porte theme we're staying rustic enough that moving it to block sightlines isn't as big of a personal concern. But if we do move it, either the bridge area or the current Tom Sawyer dock works

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Totally cool cutting Tiana's Place from our plans. It isn't a great fit for a bayou or La Porte set up anyways. Was just including it my pitches because I thought it was something we wanted and we had the space.

For the interactivr game, I think I'm a little confused. Is it a treasure hunt now? I was picturing something like Wilderness Explorers where you catalogue plants and animal tracks and stuff like that around the Rivers of America (like the stuff Lewis and Clark did).

If it is a treasure hunt, it it replacing the PotC one? If it is, are we going to reuse the infrastructure and have it be centered around Adventureland and not Rivers of America? Or are we expanding it to be both?

As far as the Riverboat goes, it is kind of gonna cause a congestion if we move it. I think with the La Porte theme we're staying rustic enough that moving it to block sightlines isn't as big of a personal concern. But if we do move it, either the bridge area or the current Tom Sawyer dock works
Just to clarify, love all those options for the game for different reasons. Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page

goofyyukyuk

Are we planning to keep the barn entrance to Splash for PatF to match Frontierland or replace it with something else?
I would guess it could be replaced, especially because it doesn’t really fit with the PatF theme

I like all the options for games... maybe @JokersWild has some insight on what fits for the story? I’m thinking that it makes sense to make a new game though, rather than recycling the Pirates one.
As far as moving the boat, I think it’s fine as is... trying to remember what sight lines would be blocked? And if it’s docked, that would mean creating a new boat of some sort for the river right? If we’re wanting to make a walk through attraction or a restaurant out of the current boat, that’d be cool if it’s not overextending past our limits, but then we’d have to find a different version of the boat. I think SS Columbia was mentioned, but I don’t know if that works better than the riverboat.

JokersWild

I’m sorry, I think that there was a misunderstanding. I thought that the interactive element was always meant to be a treasure hunt. I had thought that that’s what you were talking about in terms of it, and I included it in my initial pitch. We don’t have to do it if you don’t want to.

I’m terms of the riverboat, I can’t think of any sight lines that would be blocked, and I don’t think that it would cause too much congestion if we put it over the TSI dock. Again, it’s totally fine if we don’t want to go this route for the sake of realism, I just thought that it was a natural move given the area’s new theme, and we had talked about moving it there last project.

goofyyukyuk

I’m sorry, I think that there was a misunderstanding. I thought that the interactive element was always meant to be a treasure hunt. I had thought that that’s what you were talking about in terms of it, and I included it in my initial pitch. We don’t have to do it if you don’t want to.

I’m terms of the riverboat, I can’t think of any sight lines that would be blocked, and I don’t think that it would cause too much congestion if we put it over the TSI dock. Again, it’s totally fine if we don’t want to go this route for the sake of realism, I just thought that it was a natural move given the area’s new theme, and we had talked about moving it there last project.
I like the idea of the treasure hunt game... maybe between Pi and PerGron, one can focus on the game and the other can focus on other land development?
I’m okay with moving the boat, if it’s something we can realistically sell

NigelChanning

Since we’re ditching the idea of replacing Pecos Bills with Tiana’s Place, would everyone be cool if I make it the new entrance to Frog Mountain? I’ll also probably include a re-design of the Briar Patch gift shop. Maybe turn it into the Voodoo Emporium?

Last edited:

goofyyukyuk

Since we’re ditching the idea of replacing Pecos Bills with Tiana’s Place, would everyone be cool if I make it the new entrance to Frog Mountain? I’ll also probably include a re-design of the Briar Patch gift shop. Maybe turn it into the Voodoo Emporium?
Like have it be an entrance facade but not be a real restaurant? Also, Voodoo Emporium sounds cool if it's not like scary or anything... maybe it can be fit into the story?

JokersWild

Be careful with voodoo. Also, if you’re going to do it, try to keep it as grounded as possible. We don’t want this to feel disjointed.

In my original plan, my intention was to put a small counter service over the briar patch, but we could always move that to Westward Ho as well.

NigelChanning

How much detail should I include in my write-up? I don’t know if I need to include Lewis and Clark since I’m only focusing on the story and characters of Princess and the Frog? In terms of Voodoo, I don’t know I grounded it can be since it’s essentially magic.

goofyyukyuk

How much detail should I include in my write-up? I don’t know if I need to include Lewis and Clark since I’m only focusing on the story and characters of Princess and the Frog? In terms of Voodoo, I don’t know I grounded it can be since it’s essentially magic.
Maybe another idea would be best for the gift shop? I'd be as detailed as you can in terms of facade, queue, and entrance... and Lewis and Clark isn't a part of the story prompt we chose I don't think

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom