NuCitra Brainstorming Thread - Project Seven: A Splash of Placemaking

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Project Seven: A Splash of Placemaking
dpbwd019840923572837423840239480.jpg

You asked for it, you got it! For this project, we'll be taking a look at the surrounding areas around Disneyland and Walt Disney World's Splash Mountain attraction. As we all know, Princess and the Frog will soon be moving into the Brers home, changing the landscape of both the lands the Splash Mountains reside in forever. Both parks have challenges. While Disneyland has the advantage of the New Orleans Square setting, it also now is in a Critter Country land that barely has anything to do with Critters. Most of Critter Country is Winnie the Pooh right now, and that's clearly not thematically going to flow with Princess Tiana and company. Meanwhile in Florida while Splash has the benefit of being in more of its own sub-area, it also has the problem of having the equally iconic Big Thunder Mountain Railroad directly across from it...an attraction that has a definitive LACK of a New Orleans bayou flair.

The goal of the project is simple. Create some placemaking and transitions in the areas surrounding either park's Splash Mountain in order to make the switch-over to Princess and the Frog more natural. You are allowed to make changes to attractions in the surrounding area, but be careful with the realism points there and focus more on scenic transitions and the actual land itself. You are NOT allowed to do a full write up of the actual Princess and the Frog attraction but are allowed to elaborate on how the facade, queue, and attraction entrance would function within your new area.

NuCitra, since you won last round you get to pick rather you want to work on Frontierland in Walt Disney World, or Critter Country in Disneyland. Please have your choice made by tonight at the latest. The sooner the better. If not decided on by tomorrow morning, we'll have no choice but to flip a coin for it. So don't loose this advantage and be decisive about this as soon as possible. Good luck teams. This project is due Friday, July 10th at 11:59PM Eastern.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I agree... I think it'll be much easier to tie in the New Orleans theme in Disneyland than Magic Kingdom
Personally, I think Disneyland being "easier" also means it is less interesting and less fun to work with.

WDW is definitely a tougher fit, but that means it has a lot more for us to work with as a project.

Plus, I'm a LOT more familiar with WDW. Which helps that be my vote lol. My girlfriend even worked at the shops in Frontierland (and Splash Mountain). So, I have a contact to help us with realism for the area haha

goofyyukyuk

Personally, I think Disneyland being "easier" also means it is less interesting and less fun to work with.

WDW is definitely a tougher fit, but that means it has a lot more for us to work with as a project.

Plus, I'm a LOT more familiar with WDW. Which helps that be my vote lol. My girlfriend even worked at the shops in Frontierland (and Splash Mountain). So, I have a contact to help us with realism for the area haha
I get that, I’m just saying from a realism standpoint, it might make more sense in Disneyland

NigelChanning

I agree in the sense that it’s more fun to have a challenge. I’m more familiar with Florida myself. I’m honestly okay with anything.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I get that, I’m just saying from a realism standpoint, it might make more sense in Disneyland
True

Really goes to show how misguided and forced the PatF overlay is that it wouldn't be considered a realistic fit by armchair imagineering standards. Sorry, had to get one passive aggressive comment about it in. Back to being productive and optimistic.

I agree in the sense that it’s more fun to have a challenge. I’m more familiar with Florida myself. I’m honestly okay with anything.

Honestly I'm good with either way too and have ideas for both. My preference is still WDW, but both parks have their own interesting aspects here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom