Nothing Huge - Living with the Land final greenhouse area curtained off

Captain Hank

I got the impression it is backstage at Epcot and I had never heard of one being there. I thought all of the ones left on property were destroyed. So, if true, it creates a lot of possibilities. But this sure sounds fishy.
I can confirm that it's definitely there. There's sort of a mini boneyard back behind Soarin' that includes the top half of an old 20K sub from the ride, an old Jungle Cruise boat and a little tower of some sort, either from IASW or El Rio Del Tiempo. They've all been there for years and are sometimes used for special events in World Showplace. It's the one part of the Behind the Seeds tour that you're not supposed to tape/take pictures in because it's actually a backstage area.

By the way, it is not the same as the one that was in the Backlot Tour water tank, it's much larger than that one was.

For anyone contemplating taking Behind the Seeds just to see the sub, keep in mind that the things in there move around a bit and may or may not be visible from the tour perspective.

Edit: Take a look here: http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...&scene=29349298&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1 The positions of things have changed since this was taken.

Mr.EPCOT

All FW pavilions should be as comprehensive as The Land.

Indeed.

You are either joking or something else is going on. I'll wait for some insiders. This would be interesting if true. Sorry to doubt you but that is rather unbelievable.

Yeah, they've had it backstage there at EPCOT for at least 3-4 years. For a while, it was sitting out by the Cast Services building behind Mexico.

dreamfinder

Little drift, on the way into the walking tour we saw one of the subs from 20000 leagues in a backstage fenced in area. Sorry no pics, was told no pictures in that area.

Back on topic I recommend the walking tour for anyone who has not done it, takes an hour and is not expensive by Disney standards.

I vaguely remember seeing it last Jan at 6:15 am or so when we ran past it during the Marathon. Saw lots of neat stuff backstage during that "tour" or the world. Almost worth the pain and agony. ; )

tirian

Yeah, they've had it backstage there at EPCOT for at least 3-4 years. For a while, it was sitting out by the Cast Services building behind Mexico.

It's been around longer, and has "docked" at pavilions throughout World Showcase. Somebody told me that Guests can rent the submarine top for their corporate parties. I don't know whether or not that's true, but it does offer a plausible explanation for why the thing is often seen at various locations throughout Epcot.

jt04

I can confirm that it's definitely there. There's sort of a mini boneyard back behind Soarin' that includes the top half of an old 20K sub from the ride, an old Jungle Cruise boat and a little tower of some sort, either from IASW or El Rio Del Tiempo. They've all been there for years and are sometimes used for special events in World Showplace. It's the one part of the Behind the Seeds tour that you're not supposed to tape/take pictures in because it's actually a backstage area.

By the way, it is not the same as the one that was in the Backlot Tour water tank, it's much larger than that one was.

For anyone contemplating taking Behind the Seeds just to see the sub, keep in mind that the things in there move around a bit and may or may not be visible from the tour perspective.

Edit: Take a look here: http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...&scene=29349298&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1 The positions of things have changed since this was taken.

I see. Thanks for the info. I guess I was hoping it was going into the new fish exhibit or maybe into Seas as a prop or something. It would be great to have one "on stage" for nostalgic reasons.

Perhaps it is destined for AK eventually :lookaroun

jt04, the longer you're around, the more I really like you! :king:

Awww, shucks. :eek:

Thank you, I need all the fans I can get. So that makes two (if I count my dog) :wave:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The new exhibit sounds really neat. I've always considered LWTL one of the under-rated pleasures of EPCOT.

*considers the behind the seeds tour for an upcoming trip*

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ahhh.... a bit of TLC. Hopefully they`ll realise the final scene needs something doing to it.... since Living with the Land opened it`s been such an anticlimax. I mean single images backlit by a fading bulb??? How lowtech can you get? Even multiple images in the same space would be an improvement. A couple of LCD screens hidden in a decorated flat would be better. Listen to the Lands Symphony of the the Seed finale was more pleasing visually. Just a pet peeve that`s haunted me since 1994.

mcjaco

Ahhh.... a bit of TLC. Hopefully they`ll realise the final scene needs something doing to it.... since Living with the Land opened it`s been such an anticlimax. I mean single images backlit by a fading bulb??? How lowtech can you get? Even multiple images in the same space would be an improvement. A couple of LCD screens hidden in a decorated flat would be better. Listen to the Lands Symphony of the the Seed finale was more pleasing visually. Just a pet peeve that`s haunted me since 1994.

Agreed. It's been that way since it's inception, and hardly instills excitement about what you've just seen. Especially now that the song is gone. :mad:

Back in October, you could actually see a lorange fiberglass ladder behind the screen on the left. Bad show!

Craig & Lisa

I love LWTL but for most of us I'm sure this question comes up everytime your on the boats. Everything they do there is to learn to grow more easier and with more resistance to insects and disease, but for me and again I say for others, outside of the obvious, what the heck is a dipper gourd used for other than dipping up water??? :confused: :shrug: Meaning do you or can you eat them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom